Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2017, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I've never heard of it, but wow what a cast.

EDIT

I just checked and I see it's on Netflix, so I added it to my list to watch. Finding Dory is on there too, so I'm going to watch that first. Funny enough, Dom is in both of those movies.
I think they are at opposite ends of the spectrum, so to speak. Dom plays the father of the main character.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I think they are at opposite ends of the spectrum, so to speak. Dom plays the father of the main character.
I think I might watch it next.

Well I watched Testament of Youth, and it is way too much of a downer movie for my liking. I'm sure it very much resembles what it was like, but I like to watch less dramatic movies as an escape from reality. It was good though.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 02-19-2017 at 09:26 PM
Old 02-20-2017, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry I did try to warn you without giving too much away. It was actually based on real events, so it had to stick with what happened. I find all films about WW1 to be very sad and depressing - but I can't help watching them. My maternal granddad had a terrible time and suffered greatly in the conflict. He died in 1934 when my mum was just a little girl, due to being gassed in the trenches, injured at Gallipoli and deprivations in a German POW camp.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't realize it was a memoir until the credits at the end. It was a good movie, but I have to be in the mood for that kind of movie. Still glad I watched it though.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Well it was more of a wad of tissues movie than a popcorn and soda experience. I know what you mean though - you do have to be in a certain frame of mind to watch that sort of movie. Normally I prefer something a bit more light hearted but I had seen some of the cast talking about it when it first came out so I decided to give it a try, and I wasn't disappointed.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It tàkes a lot to make me cry while watching movie, so I didn't cry watching it nor xid I come close. It was still good though.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:42 AM
Elite Fan

How is the snow situation over there? We are supposed to have some colder windy weather on the way but it is still fairly mild (for the time of year) and wet here, which is just as well as only a few inches of snow causes havoc over here.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
How is the snow situation over there? We are supposed to have some colder windy weather on the way but it is still fairly mild (for the time of year) and wet here, which is just as well as only a few inches of snow causes havoc over here.
We had some mild weather for a couple of days which has dried the roads and help melt a little bit.

However, we still have enough snow to build a snowman. This was on the news last night from here.

Quote:
His nose is a pylon, his eyes*are hockey pucks and if he ever magically came to life his arms would be almost two metres long. Meet Halifax's biggest snowman, Chubby.
Chubby?

Flynn, Cobie McFallon*and Mike Postma*spent 12 hours on Sunday building a 4.5-metre-high snowman that took advantage of all the snow Nova Scotia received last week in back-to-back storms.

Just felt like posting this cause it was on Twitter and I liked it.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

Just took a pic of my new Davy Crocket hat!

That would keep you warm in the Canadian snow!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice pic, I love his markings.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

He has a very impressive winter coat. I wouldn't dare let him out in case Cruella De Ville was in the area! Joking aside I think Bengal's are prized for their markings so are prime targets for thieves. His legs are striped like a tiger and his tummy is spotted like a cheetah! Sometimes it's like living with a wild cat and the new wallpaper, sofa and carpets have suffered. My lovely captains chair is dotted with claw holes.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the downside to having animals.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:51 AM
Elite Fan

Last night something got in to him and he just kept attacking me. I had to leave the room in the end so he eventually calmed down. He seems ok this morning but we will have to find a long term solution. He just wont settle down in the evenings if I am in the room!
Old 02-25-2017, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Last night something got in to him and he just kept attacking me. I had to leave the room in the end so he eventually calmed down. He seems ok this morning but we will have to find a long term solution. He just wont settle down in the evenings if I am in the room!
When you say attack, does that mean clawing and biting or just playing around?

Last edited by JJH85; 02-25-2017 at 05:51 AM
Old 02-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Leaping at me and clawing and biting! Today he sat on the sofa curled up next to me like a different cat! I have a pair of patterned trousers which I wear around the house and he's always more aggressive when I wear them - maybe he mistakes me for another Bengal! I think I will put the trousers away for a bit - an excuse to go shopping for some new ones. I will be upstairs mostly tonight as Hubby watches all the talent type competitions and 'Match Of The Day' on Saturday nights so I can stay upstairs with the computer and small tele. With a few foray's downstairs for Vodka, Orange and snacks of course!

I watched some series 6 of Scandal this afternoon, and the lead actress is definitely pregnant. She wears a lot of loose garments and poncho and shawl type tops but you can tell by the shape of her face no matter how they try to disguise it with make-up and camera angles.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread