Passionate Fan

From Josh's instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEek_6vt...-by=vancityjax

2,286 likes
18h
vancityjax Fade to purple. Damn. #prince in peace
Old 04-22-2016, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice that Josh recognized Prince on his Instagram.

I don't know for sure about Madonna, but the other 3 had drug related issues. At least I did hear that Prince was hospitalized recently due to a suspected drug overdose.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 04-23-2016, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

I thought you were saying Victoria Wood had drug related issues! She apparently had cancer for a while but kept it quiet. She will be sadly missed - a great talent and comedienne.

I am going away for the weekend but will be back on Monday. I should be able to post on my phone but if not I will be back Monday afternoon. If anyone needs to be informed could you please oblige Justyne?
Old 04-23-2016, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I thought you were saying Victoria Wood had drug related issues! She apparently had cancer for a while but kept it quiet. She will be sadly missed - a great talent and comedienne.

I am going away for the weekend but will be back on Monday. I should be able to post on my phone but if not I will be back Monday afternoon. If anyone needs to be informed could you please oblige Justyne?
I don't know who Victoria Wood is. Someone had referenced Prince, Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston all being music icons and passing in their 50's and said Madonna should watch out or maybe retire, so that's why I mentioned the drugs. I don't follow Madonna's life, but I haven't heard anything about drug problems with her, so she is likely fine.

See kids, DRUGS are BAD.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

Caledon mentioned Victoria Wood a very well liked British comedienne.

I am in Conwy North Wales at the moment. Will post pics when I get them edited - done.

Last edited by LWS53; 04-25-2016 at 12:48 PM
Old 04-25-2016, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

I put some pics up for you Justyne. A bit of Welsh and Conwy castle.

It was really interesting walking around the ruins of the castle which was built by Edward I in the thirteenth century.

Quote:
Conwy Castle is a medieval fortification in Conwy, on the north coast of Wales. It was built by Edward I, during his conquest of Wales, between 1283 and 1289. Constructed as part of a wider project to create the walled town of Conwy, the combined defences cost around £15,000, a huge sum for the period.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG that's incredible. My one bucket list destination when I was in my 20's was to go to Scotland and England to see all the old Castles. I never got there, but at least I can enjoy them via the internet

Old 04-26-2016, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Wales has it's share of castles too!

It's funny but my ambition was to visit Canada to see the mountains and lakes. One day we should have a house swap holiday but my husband would be frightened of your big dog!
Old 04-26-2016, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Wales has it's share of castles too!

It's funny but my ambition was to visit Canada to see the mountains and lakes. One day we should have a house swap holiday but my husband would be frightened of your big dog!
Awww, she's just a big softy. Funny you mention the house swap. Our neighbours do that. Last winter they had a French Writer staying at their house while they went to New Zealand. You could look into that and that way you could just walk across the lawn to visit me at the 5 O'clock Bar

Old 04-27-2016, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Your neighbours might not like having a 'lodger'. Especially when they had to make his dinners and lunches, do his washing and ironing and listen to the many blogs he puts on in the middle of the night. And take his packed lunch to his work-place when he forgets it. And take him to work in the morning and pick him up at night. And get up at 6 o'clock in the morning to let him in when he forgets his key after a night out!

Not to mention the building site at the bottom of the very small garden, and our neighbours are going to build an extension soon for the expected new family member.

I don't think anyone would want to stay at our house, but on the plus side we do have an extensive TV package, nice lounging chairs and a very modern bathroom and kitchen.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess I wasn't actually talking about a house swap with the neighbours, but just that they have had folks stay at their house when they go elsewhere. They done that a few times already.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Joking aside, it must be a really good way of having a holiday without having to spend too much money, and having someone house sit when you are away.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that would be neat. I don't know if I could have strangers in my home and not know what they are doing to it. I think I would worry the whole time.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

When my son was younger we left him at home while away for a few days and he had some friends around. Two of them had a washing up liquid fight in the kitchen! There was a lot of cleaning to do when I got back, and he vowed never to invite them around when I was away again. Luckily most of his friends are sensible now so we don't have that problem, but when I am away and leave my husband and son at home they never clean up properly and neither of them will attempt ironing so there is always so much to do when I get home.

I'm sure a housewife (or husband) lets not be sexist, wouldn't leave messy worktops and their laundry for me to do on my return.

I am having real problems with posting right now. Will come back tomorrow

Last edited by LWS53; 04-29-2016 at 05:18 PM
Old 04-29-2016, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My son it pretty awesome. He actually cleans up when he friends come over. Last night he had 6 friends over and although they got loud at times, they left the place almost neater than when it started with perhaps the exception of some dishes in the sink, but at least they put them in the kitchen.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread