Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2015, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for tweeting about Paris Justyne - I think everyone in Europe is sleeping a little less easily wondering who is next. Even in a relatively small town like mine we are not immune to attack. It happened about 22 years ago but is still in the minds of all residents.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:58 AM
Extreme Fan

The sobering thought about Paris is of people going out and not coming back. How many people went out last night thinking they were gonna enjoy themselves and look what happens...

Unfortunately foreign policy decisions by the Western powers are coming home to roost. Too close to home. I saw a report on "RT" yesterday saying that people had fled "the jungle" up at Calais to a camp at Dunkirk as it was reported that Daish were there infiltrating the refugees.

More security measures aren't going to solve this problem, if certain countries don't stop destabilising the Middle East then this is only the tip of one very bloody and deep iceberg. I hope world leaders can see sense and I hope that there's no backlash for the ordinary Muslims over the world who had nothing to do with Daish and their ideology.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledon (View Post)
The sobering thought about Paris is of people going out and not coming back. How many people went out last night thinking they were gonna enjoy themselves and look what happens...

Unfortunately foreign policy decisions by the Western powers are coming home to roost. Too close to home. I saw a report on "RT" yesterday saying that people had fled "the jungle" up at Calais to a camp at Dunkirk as it was reported that Daish were there infiltrating the refugees.

More security measures aren't going to solve this problem, if certain countries don't stop destabilising the Middle East then this is only the tip of one very bloody and deep iceberg. I hope world leaders can see sense and I hope that there's no backlash for the ordinary Muslims over the world who had nothing to do with Daish and their ideology.
I totally agree with you there. I have thought that with the thousands of refugees and migrants landing in Europe every day that there were bound to be some radicals among them ready to stir up trouble and commit atrocities.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchgreeneyes (View Post)
Anyway back to more pleasant matters no Justyne sadly I didn't see the fountain - is that in the gardens ? My dear husband drove all around the US and Canada for 5 weeks and I didn't want to upset him by taking him on wild goose chases for me which meant nothing to him or my 12 year old! LOL I was amazed I managed to wangle the one night stay in Wilmington by the lure of the beach - which they loved and the fact it was on the way down the coast from Washington where we set off from to Orlando! I did see plenty of brick walls in Wilmingotn but sadly I don't think I saw "the wall"!!!. I was a very lucky lady getting to travel around the world for 10 weeks with my family and I saw and experienced so many wonderful sights and sounds!
I thought the Fountain was within sight of the Bridge and that it was along that river, but I could be wrong. The Fountain was seen in a few different locations. It was in one of the episodes where Joey went to the Art Gallery and it was also in S6 where Pacey met up with Sadia Shaw when they "broke up".

It must have been an amazing trip seeing all of those different places. What parts of Canada did you visit?

Here is a write up about someone else's visit to Wilmington back in the DC days, it does mention some key places.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-18-2015, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I found this while looking for something else on Pinterest and thought it would fit in with our recent discussion. My understanding is that this Wall is still there, so I'm wondering if Witchgreeneyes saw it while in Wilmington.

More pics of DC locations in Wilmington.

This is the ruins, but that is not the fountain I was talking about.

Last edited by JJH85; 11-18-2015 at 09:40 PM
Old 11-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Great pics everyone. Now I am going to bed to dream about the next carry on film Carry On Up The End! with Josh playing the Naughty lothario and a bevy of beauties playing the love interests.

https://twitter.com/givagivaz/status/663000101254729728

Unfortunately I can't post the gif as it is not pg13.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Great pics everyone. Now I am going to bed to dream about the next carry on film Carry On Up The End! with Josh playing the Naughty lothario and a bevy of beauties playing the love interests.

https://twitter.com/givagivaz/status/663000101254729728

Unfortunately I can't post the gif as it is not pg13.
I think it's made funnier by the husband falling over the chair too.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:15 AM
New Fan

Well thank you for the fabulous retro Dolly magazine article about their visit it Wilmington! What a classic! I was a Dolly reader about 10 years before this came out! LOL ( Dolly is equivalent to Seventeen) no sadly I saw no painted wall or fountain which I'm pretty sure was in a garden halfway between Wrightsville Beach where we swam and the city of Wilmington.
In Canada we landed in Vancouver, explored the city then hired a car and drove pretty much Highway One to Calgary via Kelowna, Golden, Banff and then onto Calgary. We flew from there to Las Vegas!. in Canada we found a free suspension bridge in the Lynn Valley in Vancity instead of the overrated Capilano bridge, Grouse Mtn which was terribly expensive and fun ( and a very kind visitor left us their parking ticket and saved us C$10 !) ,gorgeous Rockies with Lake Moraine and Louise very crowded but beautiful , Kelowna and the Okanagan Valley with its stunning lakes- I can see why everyone retires there; and the great fun we had on the luges at the Calagary Olympic Park 😀 great memories!
Old 11-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well thank you for the fabulous retro Dolly magazine article about their visit it Wilmington! What a classic! I was a Dolly reader about 10 years before this came out! LOL ( Dolly is equivalent to Seventeen) no sadly I saw no painted wall or fountain which I'm pretty sure was in a garden halfway between Wrightsville Beach where we swam and the city of Wilmington.
In Canada we landed in Vancouver, explored the city then hired a car and drove pretty much Highway One to Calgary via Kelowna, Golden, Banff and then onto Calgary. We flew from there to Las Vegas!. in Canada we found a free suspension bridge in the Lynn Valley in Vancity instead of the overrated Capilano bridge, Grouse Mtn which was terribly expensive and fun ( and a very kind visitor left us their parking ticket and saved us C$10 !) ,gorgeous Rockies with Lake Moraine and Louise very crowded but beautiful , Kelowna and the Okanagan Valley with its stunning lakes- I can see why everyone retires there; and the great fun we had on the luges at the Calagary Olympic Park ������ great memories!
Your trip sounds fantastic. I would love to go to Banff after seeing it on One Week. Maybe one day we will get there.

Just finished watching Adele with Graham Norton - she was fantastic, very interesting and her voice was better than ever. She sang some older songs and some new one's from her new album 25, the first time she had sung them live. The BBC really has some great shows especially live music from top artists.

Going to bed soon. Goodnight.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:45 AM
New Fan

Yes we were very lucky! that was only a minute part of our trip. Hawaii, Las Vegas, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Arizona and route 66, LA, Boston Niagara Falls, New York, Washington, Williamsburg, Wilmington, Savannah, Orlando, London, North Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Wales, Hampshire,Munich, Innsbruck, Venice, Rome and then Hanoi and Halong Bay Vietnam were some of the other stopovers on our mega trip around the world!!! Very blessed and fortunate I am
Old 11-21-2015, 03:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes we were very lucky! that was only a minute part of our trip. Hawaii, Las Vegas, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Arizona and route 66, LA, Boston Niagara Falls, New York, Washington, Williamsburg, Wilmington, Savannah, Orlando, London, North Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Wales, Hampshire,Munich, Innsbruck, Venice, Rome and then Hanoi and Halong Bay Vietnam were some of the other stopovers on our mega trip around the world!!! Very blessed and fortunate I am
Did you enjoy North Yorkshire? My husband's parents lived in North Yorkshire so we used to visit quite regularly and had some really nice holidays in that area when my son was young. We now live near Wales so visit there quite regularly, mainly in the summer months, and have spent a few holidays there in the past. Pony trekking in the mid-Wales countryside brings back some memories! Quite an adventure for a 15 year old and 17 year old on holiday for the first time without parents.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Currently watching Pacific Rim. Strangely enough I really like this movie and this is probably the 5th time I've watched it.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

We just found out today that Brussels is virtually in lockdown as there have been more terror threats. Lucky hubby came home yesterday otherwise he may have been stuck there for a few more days.

It has suddenly become a lot colder due to a blast of cold air from the arctic - we had our first snow/sleet last night and it is really cold today. Time for the winter woollies! I suppose we can't complain as it has been relatively warm until now.

Someone is setting off fireworks tonight - God knows why!
Old 11-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's terrible about Brussels. I hope this ends soon.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Extreme Fan

If anyone thinks that anything terrorist related is going to end anytime soon think again. There's a propaganda war going on in the media along with what's happening out there in Europe.
The "powers that be" want everyone running scared and willing to give up their freedoms for even greater security clampdowns by the state and I.S. is just the perfect tool for them to do so.

Jeremy Corbyn and others have the right idea, hit terrorists in the pocket, if anyone's serious at taking them down stop kow-towing to those so called "allies" that are funding I.S by the back door. War is benefitting the "military industrial complex" take a look at the stock of companies like LOCKHEED MARTIN and others who build the weapons, it's sky rocketing unfortunately and it's all going to profit them and not ultimately anyone else.

Attacks in Europe will be common place until this threat is taken seriously. Personally I think Germany will implode since its "open door" policy as its people are getting restless and if Germany goes...well..think of it as a domino effect in Europe. If Britain gets involved by trying to get a piece of the "Syrian" free for all then I think what happened in Paris could easily happen here.

We live in interesting times but unfortunately, the way things are going, things will be changing for us all and I fear it won't be for the good.