Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The OT Thread #37: Because we like sharing everything

Our Family is amazing and we like sharing our interests and other things happening in life.

The OT Thread is where we go to do that when it doesn't involve Josh. Join in the conversation and post it here.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 04-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
OT, but it was a fun day. Outdoor concert, with a whole day of bands, and U2 finished the evening. We didn't know Arcade Fire was going to be on the list. It was the final stop of U2's last tour, so they did champagne finish at the end, it was awesome. Nevermind that it rained most of the morning, so by the time we got there, we were drinking our beer knee deep in mud. Luckily we all had rubber boots with our beautiful concert outfits. Lol Only for U2 would I do that!

I saw U2 in New Jersey too, I far prefer drinking and watching a concert from a seat than standing in the mud!
It must have been fun. What a day !

Rubber boots are in the equipment list for outdoor concerts
I experienced that two years ago in Brittany, in summer, it was cold, we couldn't move without slipping, but it was fun
Old 04-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Where was the concert you went to Tracy?

I'm not an outdoor concert fan. Even though I love the outdoors and love roughing it and we are die hard campers. Maybe it's the difference in the way the crowds gather that I don't like. And I just don't enjoy standing around for hours on end either. I'd rather walk. The Coachella venue looks like a space where you can do lots of walking.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

That concert was at Magnetic Hill. My best friend lives in Moncton, so we ended up going with a group of about 20 people, which was just so much fun.

I used to love outdoor concerts when I was younger (as per our other discussion lol), but not really a fan anymore. But I absolutely love any chance to see live music, and this was a big event in my bff's city, so I couldn't say no. And once I go somewhere, I just decide I'm going to have fun regardless, so we had a blast!

Rubber boots are a must! There were a lot of people who lost their flip flips in the sea of muck that day, and I don't even want to think about what else was in that mud. All the same things happened there, that always happen at outdoor music events.

Who was playing in Brittany? Fun!!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That concert was at Magnetic Hill. My best friend lives in Moncton, so we ended up going with a group of about 20 people, which was just so much fun.

I used to love outdoor concerts when I was younger (as per our other discussion lol), but not really a fan anymore. But I absolutely love any chance to see live music, and this was a big event in my bff's city, so I couldn't say no. And once I go somewhere, I just decide I'm going to have fun regardless, so we had a blast!

Rubber boots are a must! There were a lot of people who lost their flip flips in the sea of muck that day, and I don't even want to think about what else was in that mud. All the same things happened there, that always happen at outdoor music events.

It was a kind of rock opera based on the legend of Arthur and the knights of the Round Table. The concert was located in the Brocéliande forest, in Brittany, home of Merlin. We were surrounded by trees, the light was beautifull, it was magic, and muddy !
Old 04-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroise (View Post)
It was a kind of rock opera based on the legend of Arthur and the knights of the Round Table. The concert was located in the Brocéliande forest, in Brittany, home of Merlin. We were surrounded by trees, the light was beautifull, it was magic, and muddy !
That sounds incredible! I didn't know Brittany was the home of Merlin...must go look it up!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That sounds incredible! I didn't know Brittany was the home of Merlin...must go look it up!
Well, according to the legend, the Brocéliande forest was the home of Merlin, and he's supposed to still be there in an eternal sleep. I like the idea, because this forest has something special.

There are other places in Wales related to Arthur, too. Wales and Brittany have common legends.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I regret not attending the AC/DC concert there a couple years ago. It is my favourite band from my youth and I can't believe I didn't go. Even my hubby was surprised when I didn't insist on going.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I regret not attending the AC/DC concert there a couple years ago. It is my favourite band from my youth and I can't believe I didn't go. Even my hubby was surprised when I didn't insist on going.
I'm sorry to tell you that concert rocked too.

I'm very lucky though that we don't have to figure out accommodations in Moncton. We've gone to some hotel "pre-concert" parties for Magnetic Hill concerts, and it's pretty wild, young, and dirty. They make me realize I'm too old to have some stoned dude offering me beer out of a dirty cooler that he's sitting on, and asking if I'm single. My over 40 sensibility now needs a clean bed to sleep in and someone offering me specialty coffee and a lovely breakfast the next morning.

The transportation at Magnetic Hill was still messy then though, we walked about 12 km to our car afterwards, buses to the Hill were a several hours wait. That kind of sucked.

Last edited by Tracydeanne1; 04-14-2014 at 10:47 AM
Old 04-14-2014, 11:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Tracy, I sent you a PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroise (View Post)
Tracy, I sent you a PM.
Thanks Pascale, responded!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm sorry to tell you that concert rocked too.

I'm very lucky though that we don't have to figure out accommodations in Moncton. We've gone to some hotel "pre-concert" parties for Magnetic Hill concerts, and it's pretty wild, young, and dirty. They make me realize I'm too old to have some stoned dude offering me beer out of a dirty cooler that he's sitting on, and asking if I'm single. My over 40 sensibility now needs a clean bed to sleep in and someone offering me specialty coffee and a lovely breakfast the next morning.

The transportation at Magnetic Hill was still messy then though, we walked about 12 km to our car afterwards, buses to the Hill were a several hours wait. That kind of sucked.
Glad to hear it was a good concert, but the parking thing was one of the things that kept me away.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Glad to hear it was a good concert, but the parking thing was one of the things that kept me away.
Yep, parking and transport was still awful then. By the time U2 came, the Hill had transportation pretty sorted out though, we only waited 15 mins afterwards for shuttle.

It's one of the biggest concert venues in Canada, parking is a tough issue.

My BFF moved nearer to Magnetic Hill last year, now we can walk to the site in 15 mins if there is something we want to see. We skipped Bruce Springsteen, not big enough fans to deal with the outdoor concert negatives.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I prefer indoor concerts, but I've had a great time at all the concerts I've been to. Last year I went to Night of Joy at Disney's Magic Kingdom.Not only did I get to see some great artists playing, but we got to ride some of my favorite rides once the concerts were over. For the most part the crowd at Disney were much kinder. I used to attend Rock the Universe at Universal Orlando. Never again! I got bonked in the head by many elbows and I nearly got trampled because so many people kept pushing toward the front of the stages. Winter Jam in Jacksonville was at the big stadium, so I had no issues seeing. A few years ago I went to the American Idol concert series at the new Amway center in Orlando. That place is HUGE!!!! My friend and I got the cheapest seats.....nosebleed section.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Might be the nosebleed section, but no elbows in the head I'll bet.

I think my height is one of the reasons I don't care for outdoor venues, except the Concerts on the Hill in Halifax are great, just not big enough for the big names.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread