Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

It's funny that you say that, Sam, because yesterday we were just talking to a friend about that very thing.

When I first saw it, I guess I was just ignoring it and watching the film. But watching it again at home? Yes, the narration does bug. It almost seemed like there wasn't enough dialogue in general, but mostly Campbell Scott talking. Grr. The movie did have a lot of beautiful scenery and was well shot, but I think it tried really hard at being mostly a postcard to Canada as apposed to a lot of storyline depth.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by palegreen (View Post)
But overall I thought the movie was really disappointing.
Oh.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:47 PM
New Fan

Interview with Michael McGowan Q TV. Quite interesting (some spoilers maybe)
YouTube - 'One Week' Director on Q TV
Old 06-25-2009, 05:45 PM
New Fan

Link to 1473 HD screencaps

Please respect the rules in the LJ post.

I watched One Week again and I was more disappointed .... the narration sucked thrice as much. Ditto to palegreen's ending comments. Most movies are fixers uppers but still gorgeous cinematography, some solid acting and some poignant scenes here and there.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for your positive/negative honest opinions! I like honesty! Was it slow paced? Is narraration throughout the whole movie?
Old 06-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

The narration was all through the movie. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it was okay for what it's worth.

Thanks for the caps, ~Bijou~! That's very nice of you to share the link. I need to hunker down and make caps for my site soon, too!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Banned

I didn't mind the narration, Josh's performances eclipsed that.

Last edited by JoshandChristinaCursed; 06-26-2009 at 04:33 PM
Old 06-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Extreme Fan

I didn't mind the narration at all.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

It was the clips before the movie came out that had the narration in it that turned me off completely. I'm sad that it's not the movie I hoped it would be.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Supreme Fan

I've decided to buy this from amazon.ca just to be sure to get the full Canadian version. (French translation, too!)
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Australia has a Canadian Film Festival and look what film is opening the festival:

The rest of the article is here.

Cross-country … Joshua Jackson takes a journey of self-discovery in One Week , which is opening the Canadian Film Festival.
Photo: Peter H Stranks
Linda Morris
August 14, 2009

The Canadian film industry has long lived in the shadow of the Hollywood studio and its vice-like grip on multiplex cinema chains.
But as the only international city in the world that hosts an annual film festival dedicated to quality cinema north of Hollywood Boulevard, Sydney boasts an unusually appreciative and dedicated audience. Now in its fourth year, the Canadian Film Festival is expected to draw 3000 people when it opens this month.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Banned

Its great that One week is playing in a festival especially that one week sold out!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:05 AM
JoW
Master Fan

I know I'm a bit late on this but I just joined this forum and have just finished watching this film for the first time.

I'm so proud of Josh! What a great film, he acted so so well in it. I had to laugh at the bit where the bike cut out and it wouldn't start, my dad has the exact same bike, a black Norton Commando 850cc and I know how annoying it is when you're at traffic lights or something and it cuts out and just won't start. Very embarassing when there's a queue of traffic behind you I must say!

So, because I got to see Josh on a motorbike (I love bikes) and a horse (I have a horse) this film was just perfect for me! And he was looking very very hot!!

Jo
x
Old 10-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Banned

I loved the scene at the campfire where Ben sings with the girl. It was also funny when Ben was in a daze and the cutest dog barks at him startling him.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:31 PM
JoW
Master Fan

Yeah, that was cute. I thought it was funny when Josh collapsed just after the dog bit, he just keeled overbackwards. No one collapsing is funny but Josh just does it so well!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread