Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good News!!! The movie is having its first showing in the States, as expected through festivals, first with Newport Beach... Hopefully it gets released here..

"One Week" at Edwards Island Cinemas, Newport Beach - PE.com
Quote:
"One Week"
Friday, Apr 24 7:30p
at Edwards Island Cinemas, Newport Beach, CA

A man confronted by his mortality, takes a cross-country road trip in search of living more fully. An ill-defined venture morphs into a quest for the West Coast.
Price: varies
Phone: (949) 253-2880
Age Suitability: None Specified
Tags: movies, festivals, nbff09, flms

A man confronted by his mortality, takes a cross-country road trip in search of living more fully. An ill-defined venture morphs into a quest for the West Coast.

Canada, 2008, 94 min. Director: Michael Mcgowan. Cast: Joshua Jackson, Liane Balaban, Campbell Scott.
website Event Website
Categories: Fairs & Festivals, Film
Creator: Arined
Creator: Arined
Old 04-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's awesome! Thanks for teh info, Rose!

Nadia
Avi Credit: Beth
Old 04-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

HOORAY!

I was going to go to the Newport Beach festival (it's only 10 mins from my house) anyway, so this is great news!

ETA: Tickets are ordered! I'm so glad, because I really wanted to see this in the theater. This will be a busy week! Paley Fest and then the movie.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Banned

New article about one Week

'One Week' shows Canadian pride - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety
Old 04-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the article.

Nadia
Old 04-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
HOORAY!

I was going to go to the Newport Beach festival (it's only 10 mins from my house) anyway, so this is great news!

ETA: Tickets are ordered! I'm so glad, because I really wanted to see this in the theater. This will be a busy week! Paley Fest and then the movie.
Take me with yoooooou!! *JEALOUS*

I hope it plays in other US cities. I'd love to see it on the big screen.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

Sam: You know what you gotta do. Board a plane and come on over. Make it a long weekend and we'll drag Liz around with us. ;-)
Old 04-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Sneaks in to ask Mandy, if she ended up seeing the film and if she enjoyed it? Hope it's ok to ask.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Hi! Sorry, I've been so caught up with other stuff, I forgot to report about it!

The movie was good. I thought I'd be bothered by Campbell Scott's voice overs, but it was definitely integrated well with the story.

It had a lot of funny moments and some that were really sad and bittersweet. His bike is absolutely a character in the film and you feel that it's one of the main characters, as well.

When I heard that people said (including Josh) that this was a 'postcard to Canada', they weren't kidding. The moments (and there are LOTS of them) where Ben stops to take photos at all those larger than life monuments are really funny and interesting at the same time. I also felt his fiance's pain, but at times, she could be a little annoying.

There were a lot of imagery in this film that was dark and unpleasant and I would think to myself, "Man, I have to screen cap this dark moment?" It would be a little intense and unexpected at times, too. But I understood the imagery and the impact that it had.

I thought things tied up nicely, and would remind me of some other films that were similar in their approach to love and loss. Like City of Angels, but not entirely.

All in all, it was a good little movie and it seemed to really zip by. There was a decent sized audience in attendance and I hope it gets around the country a bit more and overseas.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you, Mandy. I really want to see this movie.

Nadia
Old 04-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Mandy for the insight. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the movie. The reviews for this movie have been so mixed, so it was nice to get an insider's opinion on it.

If there was a decent showing at this session, wonder if they are going to put on another one? Josh, said he would even go.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

I didn't see any mention that they did a second screening. Maybe they did a private one?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

One Week: Amazon.ca: DVD

One Week's DVD release date has been moved to June 16th.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Extreme Fan

As of the week 15 - 21 May, One Week was still showing in three theatres. Saw it on a website that showcases the top 5 grossing canadian films been shown in Canada. One Week had popped back in at number 4.

So, maybe that is why it got pushed back, because it is still being shown in theatres?
Old 05-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

Can we buy it here though Mandy?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread