Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2015, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

New OT Thread #44: Because we like to discover and discuss new things.

From Tai Chi to Cake Making

To Party Planning

To fan-fic writing (try not to spill your coffee on your potential best-seller)

To snow shovelling

and all other hobbies and pastimes in between.

Come and talk about it here.

Previous threads.
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/ot-threa...peat-63115442/
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/ot-threa...bout-63118955/
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/ot-threa...hing-63121197/

http://www.fanforum.com/f30/ot-threa...5/index21.html
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/ot-threa...sure-63132247/
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/ot-threa...3/index21.html
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/ot-threa...hing-63137082/
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/ot-threa...goes-63141432/
Old 03-28-2015, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

If anyone has any ideas for the OP please feel free to make suggestions.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread. I don't see why we can't use some of the same stuff. I only change things when our discussion topics change.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-28-2015, 07:28 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah that's what I thought but I can add to it if any other suggestions come along or if I have any new ideas.

My new rugs haven't turned up yet but at least the repairer came and fixed the table. It was good he came as he gave me tips on how to care for it.

My room is still very bare and it will probably be another month before the Chairs come.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

WTF it's almost April and it's snowing again. I love the snow, but when Spring arrives I want it to be Spring damnit.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
WTF it's almost April and it's snowing again. I love the snow, but when Spring arrives I want it to be Spring damnit.
You poor things - Lets hope it is just a flurry. I went out earlier with the trash and it is a warm day here. It was very windy and raining very heavily earlier which caused the local soccer match to be cancelled, but it is lovely now.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't had breakfast yet and it's almost noon, so I have to get something to eat, but I'll be back.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

Go get some waffles - unless the machine is broken - then you'll have to have chocolate chip and banana pancakes. I wonder who made all the food on Fringe and if it was really edible. I remember an actress saying that when she was on an ice cream advert as a child they had to eat the product, and it was coloured cooking fat made to look like ice cream.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Go get some waffles - unless the machine is broken - then you'll have to have chocolate chip and banana pancakes. I wonder who made all the food on Fringe and if it was really edible. I remember an actress saying that when she was on an ice cream advert as a child they had to eat the product, and it was coloured cooking fat made to look like ice cream.
Eww, that sounds terrible, but it makes sense because ice cream would melt too much.

I had a lovely omelette with ham, mushrooms, peppers, shallots and cheese and now I'm having some Earl Grey Tea.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Eww, that sounds terrible, but it makes sense because ice cream would melt too much.

I had a lovely omelette with ham, mushrooms, peppers, shallots and cheese and now I'm having some Earl Grey Tea.
That sound lovely - and I always drink Earl Grey tea. I had dry-fried lean bacon and egg in a wholemeal bread bun for breakfast and a low-fat cheese and spring onion toasted wholemeal sandwich for lunch followed by my naughty coffee. I am making chilli con carni for dinner with basmati rice and fresh fruit for afters. I will just have to keep out of the naughty cupboard and that will make a very healthy diet for today. I got on the scales this morning and had lost 3 pounds. It must be the extra swimming and 'insanity' with aqua zumba that has done it. I want to be able to fit in the airplane seat going to NY.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That sound lovely - and I always drink Earl Grey tea. I had dry-fried lean bacon and egg in a wholemeal bread bun for breakfast and a low-fat cheese and spring onion toasted wholemeal sandwich for lunch followed by my naughty coffee. I am making chilli con carni for dinner with basmati rice and fresh fruit for afters. I will just have to keep out of the naughty cupboard and that will make a very healthy diet for today. I got on the scales this morning and had lost 3 pounds. It must be the extra swimming and 'insanity' with aqua zumba that has done it. I want to be able to fit in the airplane seat going to NY.
Good job. How long before you leave for NYC?

I am making a homemade ham and split pea soup for supper. My daughter loves it, so the timing of having a ham supper this week worked out perfectly as she is home this weekend.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Good job. How long before you leave for NYC?

I am making a homemade ham and split pea soup for supper. My daughter loves it, so the timing of having a ham supper this week worked out perfectly as she is home this weekend.
I will be making something similar either tomorrow or Monday - but using lean bacon veg (mainly leeks) and steeped dried pulses and barley. It goes nicely with crusty baguettes.

We leave on April 13 - the weekend after Easter. I don't know whether I will be able to go on line while I am there so will have to check up with my phone provider if I can use it in the States - with different currents (We use AC they use DC), charging the phone up may be a problem.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I will be making something similar either tomorrow or Monday - but using lean bacon veg (mainly leeks) and steeped dried pulses and barley. It goes nicely with crusty baguettes.

We leave on April 13 - the weekend after Easter. I don't know whether I will be able to go on line while I am there so will have to check up with my phone provider if I can use it in the States - with different currents (We use AC they use DC), charging the phone up may be a problem.
Well the main focus is to enjoy your trip which means not worrying about other things that might get in the way of that. I can always partition for temp Mod during your absence.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well the main focus is to enjoy your trip which means not worrying about other things that might get in the way of that. I can always partition for temp Mod during your absence.
Yeah that would be a good idea - it's different when I go to Europe as I can buy an extra package to add on to my contract.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I stepped away to cut all the veggies and take the bones out of the stock to complete my soup. Now it just has to simmer until it's done. Mmmmm, can't wait.

EDIT

:lmao; Hubby story.

He went looking for our solar powered radio and couldn't find it (not surprising) and I told him it was in the basement, so he found it. When he came up I asked him why he wanted it and he said he wanted to listen to music while he was working on something in the kitchen. So I asked him why he didn't just listen to the radio on top of the fridge, at which is reply was "it doesn't work". I questioned that "it doesn't work?" and then he added "it needs to be plugged in"

OMG WTH - sometimes I wonder about the male sex.

Last edited by JJH85; 03-28-2015 at 11:04 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread