Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2015, 12:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone! I'm new to both the forum... and Josh fandom, I have to say.

I never watched DC, as I was focusing on my My Little Ponies at that time. Fortunately, reruns are currently being aired! Somehow I managed to miss Fringe too, despite I believe it was fairly popular in my country.

But there's time, like Cole says to Alison as she's singing along to a Dolly Parton song. The Affair premiered here this summer, and I got hooked on the show right away. JJ's character got under my skin. He's doing terrific work in the role.

I stumbled on less than a week ago when googling Season 2, and read through tons of The Affair/Cole threads. I was delighted to find all the news, rumors, spoilers, social media updates etc. posted at the same place, and learn some interesting things about the actor on the side.

I consider myself a fan of his now, but I'm no match for most of you! Wow, your devotion is amazing. I've really enjoyed lurking on the discussions you've been having here. Thank you for making the last days of my summer vacation even more pleasant!

Btw, I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to have a custom avatar until I reach 101 posts, and already made the coolest avatar before registering. Can't wait to show it to you!
Felis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felis (View Post)
Hi everyone! I'm new to both the forum... and Josh fandom, I have to say.

I never watched DC, as I was focusing on my My Little Ponies at that time. Fortunately, reruns are currently being aired! Somehow I managed to miss Fringe too, despite I believe it was fairly popular in my country.

But there's time, like Cole says to Alison as she's singing along to a Dolly Parton song. The Affair premiered here this summer, and I got hooked on the show right away. JJ's character got under my skin. He's doing terrific work in the role.

I stumbled on less than a week ago when googling Season 2, and read through tons of The Affair/Cole threads. I was delighted to find all the news, rumors, spoilers, social media updates etc. posted at the same place, and learn some interesting things about the actor on the side.

I consider myself a fan of his now, but I'm no match for most of you! Wow, your devotion is amazing. I've really enjoyed lurking on the discussions you've been having here. Thank you for making the last days of my summer vacation even more pleasant!

Btw, I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to have a custom avatar until I reach 101 posts, and already made the coolest avatar before registering. Can't wait to show it to you!
Hi felis, I'm Lesley. I'm glad you found us and that you enjoyed reading all the stuff on Cole and the affair. I hope you enjoy posting here and join in with the discussions both serious and more fanciful.

I became a Josh fan after seeing him on fringe and have followed him ever since.

We all look forward to next season of The Affair and talking about it here.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Felis, welcome. Can't wait to see your avatar! You can pick one of the Standard ones until you get to the magical 101 - there are some pretty cool ones available.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you Leslie and Heidi! I was kindly welcomed also in a thread I replied to earlier. You seem like a very nice bunch, all so friendly and supportive. I'm happy to join the community.

I too am looking forward to the new season and discussing it with you. Since we are a couple of months away from the premiere, I was thinking to start watching Fringe in the meantime. I keep seeing everyone praising the show - I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

And thanks, actually I had already checked the Standard avatars out. There were many I liked, but the one I was going to upload is an animated gif of shirtless Josh, so... nothing compares to that, am I right?
Old 07-28-2015, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thank you Leslie and Heidi! I was kindly welcomed also in a thread I replied to earlier. You seem like a very nice bunch, all so friendly and supportive. I'm happy to join the community.

I too am looking forward to the new season and discussing it with you. Since we are a couple of months away from the premiere, I was thinking to start watching Fringe in the meantime. I keep seeing everyone praising the show - I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

And thanks, actually I had already checked the Standard avatars out. There were many I liked, but the one I was going to upload is an animated gif of shirtless Josh, so... nothing compares to that, am I right?
Well you can change your avatar as many times as you want once you are over the 100 threshold.

If you like angry Josh, funny Josh and super hot Josh you will definitely like Fringe. The first season is a bit gory in the opening minutes but it is also very funny in parts - thanks to the Walter and Peter interaction.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Again Welcome to our Board. I am so glad you found us. I am curious about a couple of things.

1. I'm guessing because of our consistent discussion about The Affair and Cole that it was easy to come across our Board, or at least I hope that's the case. So I would love to know how long it took to stumble upon us.

2. I am very happy that you discovered Josh, but I am surprised that you discovered him in The Affair as he doesn't really have a huge role in S1. I guess that means he is captivating his audience with his portrayal. What was it about Josh that got you hooked? I'm curious because everyone here became fans either through Dawson's Creek or Fringe and I find it fascinating that Cole got your attention so quickly.

Of course Josh has this presence about him that can't help but draw you in.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

Again welcome to the board - my name is Shell and my interest in Josh came from watching him in Dawson's creek after watching him in the Mighty Duck movies - I am from Australia - which country are you from?
Old 07-29-2015, 03:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well you can change your avatar as many times as you want once you are over the 100 threshold.

If you like angry Josh, funny Josh and super hot Josh you will definitely like Fringe. The first season is a bit gory in the opening minutes but it is also very funny in parts - thanks to the Walter and Peter interaction.
Going with this cute kitty for now. Josh likes cats too, so appropriate enough!

Oh, I like them all! And gory isn’t a problem, I’m used to it. I'll try to get my hands on the series shortly.

Thanks again for your sweet welcomes, Shell and Justyne! Nice to meet you long-time fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Again Welcome to our Board. I am so glad you found us. I am curious about a couple of things.

1. I'm guessing because of our consistent discussion about The Affair and Cole that it was easy to come across our Board, or at least I hope that's the case. So I would love to know how long it took to stumble upon us.

2. I am very happy that you discovered Josh, but I am surprised that you discovered him in The Affair as he doesn't really have a huge role in S1. I guess that means he is captivating his audience with his portrayal. What was it about Josh that got you hooked? I'm curious because everyone here became fans either through Dawson's Creek or Fringe and I find it fascinating that Cole got your attention so quickly.

Of course Josh has this presence about him that can't help but draw you in.
1. Do you mean how long after discovering Josh, or how quickly I ended up here when I was doing a Google search on S2?

2. First off, I find the character familiar. I feel a little weird saying this, but he actually reminds me of my partner. (And I can relate to Alison, except for cheating on a man like him.) My hubby even looks like Josh a little bit – or I might be just seeing what I want to see Furthermore, you must be right about his captivating portrayal. Josh is just that good in the part. You’re used to watch him as the lead, but in my opinion he does have a huge role in the show. He doesn’t have much screen time, but the scenes that he is in, I think, are the some of the most essential to the story.

Ahh yes, I think I am starting to understand what you’re talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)
Again welcome to the board - my name is Shell and my interest in Josh came from watching him in Dawson's creek after watching him in the Mighty Duck movies - I am from Australia - which country are you from?
Hi Shell, so you’ve been a fan for much longer than me, too. I’m embarrassed to admit this, but I haven’t seen Mighty Ducks... I don’t think I’ve watched any of his movies, actually ...yet.

I’m from Finland. In case someone isn’t familiar with the place, – which is totally understandable – it’s a rather small country in Northern Europe. Josh isn’t very famous here, which is a shame, of course.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

1. Do you mean how long after discovering Josh, or how quickly I ended up here when I was doing a Google search on S2?

I guess I just wanted to know both. First, when did you realize Josh was someone you would really like to know more? And second when you did start to look for info, how did you find us? Our Thread for The Affair is fairly active here, but I was curious if we pop up quickly in the searchwhich would be kind of cool.

2. First off, I find the character familiar. I feel a little weird saying this, but he actually reminds me of my partner. (And I can relate to Alison, except for cheating on a man like him.) My hubby even looks like Josh a little bit – or I might be just seeing what I want to see Furthermore, you must be right about his captivating portrayal. Josh is just that good in the part. You’re used to watch him as the lead, but in my opinion he does have a huge role in the show. He doesn’t have much screen time, but the scenes that he is in, I think, are the some of the most essential to the story.

So glad you see Josh as haging a large role, that means he is being noticed by those who are watching the show.s

Ahh yes, I think I am starting to understand what you’re talking about.

Hi Shell, so you’ve been a fan for much longer than me, too. I’m embarrassed to admit this, but I haven’t seen Mighty Ducks... I don’t think I’ve watched any of his movies, actually ...yet.

I’m from Finland. In case someone isn’t familiar with the place, – which is totally understandable – it’s a rather small country in Northern Europe. Josh isn’t very famous here, which is a shame, of course.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

@JJH85

I guess I just wanted to know both. First, when did you realize Josh was someone you would really like to know more?

Sorry, I should have caught that. Right after I had watched The Affair pilot on TV, I went online to read reviews and recaps. I noticed the writers kept bringing up that Josh used to be in DC, some of them repeatedly referring to Cole as Pacey. Him being called the name of a character the actor had played years ago in such a humorous way had me thinking that this guy must have left an indelible impression on many people.

I just got curious about Josh, looked him up, and found him interesting. What especially grabbed my attention was his relationship with Diane and their exceptional thoughts about marriage. They seemed so special and unique for a celebrity couple.

And second when you did start to look for info, how did you find us? Our Thread for The Affair is fairly active here, but I was curious if we pop up quickly in the searchwhich would be kind of cool.

Well, that happened pretty fast, as the board was high up in the first results page. I wish I'd remember exactly what I was searching for when it popped up. The page I came across was in fact a The Affair Speculations Thread at the Spoilers Board. I first lurked over there for a couple of hours, reading almost all the threads on the topic, until I found my way to Joshua Jackson Board through the link below either your or Lesley's username, if I recall correctly.

It's been fun sharing my story, thanks for your interest!
Old 07-29-2015, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
@JJH85

I guess I just wanted to know both. First, when did you realize Josh was someone you would really like to know more?

Sorry, I should have caught that. Right after I had watched The Affair pilot on TV, I went online to read reviews and recaps. I noticed the writers kept bringing up that Josh used to be in DC, some of them repeatedly referring to Cole as Pacey. Him being called the name of a character the actor had played years ago in such a humorous way had me thinking that this guy must have left an indelible impression on many people.

I just got curious about Josh, looked him up, and found him interesting. What especially grabbed my attention was his relationship with Diane and their exceptional thoughts about marriage. They seemed so special and unique for a celebrity couple.

And second when you did start to look for info, how did you find us? Our Thread for The Affair is fairly active here, but I was curious if we pop up quickly in the searchwhich would be kind of cool.

Well, that happened pretty fast, as the board was high up in the first results page. I wish I'd remember exactly what I was searching for when it popped up. The page I came across was in fact a The Affair Speculations Thread at the Spoilers Board. I first lurked over there for a couple of hours, reading almost all the threads on the topic, until I found my way to Joshua Jackson Board through the link below either your or Lesley's username, if I recall correctly.

It's been fun sharing my story, thanks for your interest!
Thank you for sharing. I love the fact that The Affair Thread was so high on the search. Even though there is a Thread on the Spoilers page, we here at the Josh Board were the ones to create it, so I feel attached to it as well.

I love your description above about what got you interested enough to look deeper into Josh's past. You are completely right in that he has left an indelible impression on many. I look forward to discovering Josh far beyond his character Cole in The Affair.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi I just wanted to introduce myself and say how thrilled I was to discover this forum and fellow fans of Josh and the work he has done.

Earlier this year, after having it sat in my Netflix queue for a long time I finally decided to give Fringe a watch. I had heard great things about the series over the years, in particular how the performances by the cast and the alternative universe structure.
To say I was not disappointed was an understatement. I fell hard for the core trio of characters, but in particular Mr Peter Bishop. I flew threw the five seasons and was thoroughly impressed by Josh's performance and the growth he showed in this young man over 5 seasons.

I was familiar with Josh before Fringe, but had never seen any of his TV shows. I'd seen him in a few films and had watched the Mighty Ducks as a kid.

I wanted to see more of him and so moved on to watch the Affair and then Dawson's Creek in quick succession. It was no surprise for me to find in both these shows characters played with real thought, depth and heart by him.

Whilst watching these series I read interviews with Josh and saw clips on Youtube and discovered this extremely charming, intelligent and engaging person. Reading interviews, in particular when he talked about the Affair really helped me understand the show better and allowed me to examine the show and its dual perspective approach in a new manner. It was so refreshing to see an actor talk so passionately about the character he was playing and provide real insight.

I am now watching some of his films that I wasn't aware of and so far have found One Week a real hidden gem.

I didn't mean to talk so much but I am really glad to have stumbled upon this resource and have enjoyed seeing the posts and discussions on Josh, his shows and characters. I hope in the coming days to be able to join the conversation. Thanks.
CatF2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My story mimics yours in how I became a Josh fan. It was through Fringe that I fell for him and I fell hard.

I would like to welcome you to the Board and I look forward to a new perspective on Josh's projects now that you are watching other shows and movies of his.

I've seen every movie I could get my hands on of his and he is a diamond in the rough. What did you think of his character Pacey Witter?

Old 08-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you very much for the welcome

I watched Lay the Favourite recently and I am planning to watch Inescapable next.

Ah Pacey Witter, but where do I begin with that man. Watching Dawson's Creek was an interesting one for me because when it initially aired I was just off by a few years of age of the target demographic. So I didn't watch the show when it initially aired, although I remember seeing the occasional episode on TV and remember the finale. Even though I didn't watch it I knew how things had ended which was an interesting way to approach watching the show.

I was a bit worried about this but I need not have been, from the first episode I fell for Pacey Witter. I've always had a soft spot for the underdog but the development of the character over the shows run was so lovely to watch. For me as the 6 seasons progressed Pacey for me was the character that grew the most and whose journey from kid to young man was the the most engaging to watch.

I have always had a real affinity for the teen/coming of genre genre of film and television and in many ways it kickstarted a real interested in film and television for me. I am a massive John Hughes fan and 80s movies fan so found all the homages and references throughout the show a real thrill. So having watched a lot of films and TV in this area, I can honestly say I found Pacey Witter to be one of my all time favourite TV characters. Of course so much of the credit in that goes to Josh. I honestly think with any other actor the character would not have got the development he did and have ended up having the impact he did on the run of the series.
CatF2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

Hi CatF2207, Welcome to the board.

I hope you enjoy Inescapable, as although it is a low budget independent film it was made with passion by the lady who wrote it and directed it. It is a what if situation, inspired by her father's concern when she went travelling as a younger woman. Josh is really great in his role and meshes really well with the other characters. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It is also worth watching The Skulls which can be found on YouTube, which is where I discovered it.

Most of his movies have a thread of their own on the board which can be accessed through the board index page. Shadows In The Sun is a lovely romantic film with some beautiful Tuscan scenery and is quite a comedy in parts. If you want to see Josh singing (in a fun kind of way) and dancing that is the movie to see.
Reply   Post New Thread