Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Thanks for showing all the tweets!
It's fun seeing all the Josh Tweets.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-25-2016, 05:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Especially since he's been tweeting/retweeting a lot more lately (mostly about politics.)
Old 10-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Especially since he's been tweeting/retweeting a lot more lately (mostly about politics.)
I'll take what I can get even Politics.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'll take what I can get even Politics.
Well then:
Quote:
@vancityjax

I'm experiencing a little election related insomnia tonight. And if you bother to read some of the things I post you know that I am often critical of aspects of American society. So tonight. On the eve of what feels like the most important decision I will have had the chance to take part in as an American citizen I'm going take a different tack...
I love this country. It has allowed me to have a career, and indeed a life, beyond my most optimistic childhood daydreams. It has provided an education for my sister. A home for my brothers and nephew. It is the ' light of the world. A city that is set on a hill(that)cannot be hidden.' That has brought my mother & aunts & uncles & cousins from Ireland to seek out the Dream. I have watched it move, slowly and imperfectly, towards embodying its founding ideals. ' We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity...'
And today we will have the chance to choose what kind of country we want to live in. If enfranchising all Americans. Ensuring equal protection and extending the rule of law to all of our citizens. Moving, slowly-so painfully slowly, towards social justice. Protecting the commons and our Environment. Preserving the 'American Experiment' and the core of our shared democratic ideal with the peaceful transfer of power. Reducing economic inequality, moving towards wage equity between the genders and establishing a living minimum wage. Establishing health care as a basic human right of all citizens. If any or all of those ideas matter to you...there is only one choice. #hillaryclinton. Please go and vote today. It is how we as citizens have a voice in this beautiful, flawed, but hopeful place we call home. And it has never been more important to make yourself heard.
#imwithher

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMipJ_JB...-by=vancityjax
I guess, he will vote (thanks to Canadian-American dual citizenship?)

I think the most delightful moment in this election campaign was:

“I think there may be some symbolism here,” Sanders said. “That bird is really a dove asking us for world peace. No more wars.”

Well... sigh.
-

Last edited by nikki-jasmine; 11-08-2016 at 03:15 AM
Old 11-08-2016, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Those are very powerful words, I hope it reaches a lot of people.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Extreme Fan

When he traveled early in the year, he showed his Canadian passport? I guess he has both but uses the Canadian one for traveling, I've heard people advise that for safety.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
When he traveled early in the year, he showed his Canadian passport? I guess he has both but uses the Canadian one for traveling, I've heard people advise that for safety.
Interesting info I got off of the Government of Canada website. I was curious for my own benefit as my niece is moving to the States in December, she will be getting Married and will stay there as her husband to be is American. It just happened that this discussion about Josh came up in the same day I found out about my niece's date.

Quote:
If you are a dual Canadian citizen used to travelling to or transiting through Canada by air with a non-Canadian passport, you will no longer be able to do so as of November 10, 2016. You will need a valid Canadian passport to board your flight.

If your country needs you to enter and exit that country using a passport issued by its government, you will still need a valid Canadian passport to board your flight to Canada. Make sure to carry both passports when you travel. Find out more about why you must travel with a valid Canadian passport when travelling by air.

Exception: If you are an American-Canadian dual citizen with a valid U.S. passport, you don’t need a Canadian passport to fly to Canada. However, you will still need to carry proper identification and meet the basic requirements to enter Canada.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have a friend who is a dual Canadian -American. You can use either passport to leave and come back to Canada as a dual C-A, but she always got hassled at the US border if she tried to use her Canadian passport to enter US. (Since they view her as a US citizen)

So she uses her US passport to enter US, Canadian passport to enter Canada. Just easier that way. Maybe Josh doesn't get hassled.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I have a friend who is a dual Canadian -American. You can use either passport to leave and come back to Canada as a dual C-A, but she always got hassled at the US border if she tried to use her Canadian passport to enter US. (Since they view her as a US citizen)

So she uses her US passport to enter US, Canadian passport to enter Canada. Just easier that way. Maybe Josh doesn't get hassled.
He's a canadian treasure!!
Old 11-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He's a canadian treasure!!
He certainly is

Old 11-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a sad day in the US today and Josh is feeling it too. His Instagram icon is solid black and he quoted a poem written after WW1.

Josh Jackson ‏@VancityJax 55m
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall… https://www.instagram.com/p/BMl0RxAB7Cv/

I think Josh was RT all night after hearing the outcome and even before that. He is not impressed.

Last edited by JJH85; 11-09-2016 at 07:32 AM
Old 11-09-2016, 07:25 AM
Extreme Fan

For once I actually wish I was dating Josh so I could marry him and get the **** out of this country. (Also I'd have a chance to have my medications paid for when Obamacare is repealed.) Ha ha ha.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
For once I actually wish I was dating Josh so I could marry him and get the **** out of this country. (Also I'd have a chance to have my medications paid for when Obamacare is repealed.) Ha ha ha.
I have to say that free medical care is huge and I would never want to lose that. #CanadaProud.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Passionate Fan

As Americans, lets be the bigger person - unite, work together and move forward.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
As Americans, lets be the bigger person - unite, work together and move forward.
That sounds like the best solution.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread