Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2018, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And the pics have slowed down significantly, I will miss this.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:51 AM
Elite Fan

Will miss all the fan pics.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
And the pics have slowed down significantly, I will miss this.
Yeah. But hopefully the promo work/ appearances for The Affair S4 will start soon.
Conway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Yeah. But hopefully the promo work/ appearances for The Affair S4 will start soon.
I'm sure they will, so looking forward to that.

Last edited by JJH85; 06-01-2018 at 02:57 PM
Old 06-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

I will check out next weeks TV magazine, it may have some stuff in it about The Affair or the cast.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I might check Twitter later to see what's on there.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

It was suggested that I bring these posts over from the Dawson's Creek board. I will be visiting this board a lot more often since my affection for Joshua Jackson has turned into a full-blown crush after meeting him! I came home from seeing the COLG and immediately posted this there while I could still remember everything. I was seriously walking on clouds for a full six days after this. I couldn't stop smiling and NOTHING bothered me!

--------

I just saw Children of a Lesser God. The play was really good and he was funny in it. I see why they were nominated for those awards and why Lauren Midloff won. I also enjoyed simply being in his presence and watching him act for two hours.

Highlights:
1 - He had his blazer off during Act II and he looked really good in the dress shirt and trousers. I was really admiring the fit of those trousers. There is a line where he said something like "You're a hard ass. I don't know the sign for it but it's like--" He lowers his pants, pulls down the side of his underwear, and exposes his right buttock. Others laughed. Me, I really couldn't help it. I yelped out a quick "Woo!!" Lol!

2 - While my best friend Andrea and I were waiting outside for the actors to come out I leaned over the barricade in order to see if I saw anyone yet. And who do I see walking past? Mary Beth Peil! I was so surprised I could only grab my best friend's shoulder and hiss "Grams! That was Grams!" as I stared at her departing back. When Josh was signing autographs someone in line ahead of us must have mentioned it because I heard him say "Mary Beth Peil? Yeah, she's doing a play down the street."

3 - Meeting the actors. After actors playing supporting characters came out and signed autographs Lauren Midloff came out. She is beautiful and very tiny. A couple of times during the play Josh just picks her up, like nothing. I'd love to take a running jump at him and have him hold me like her or swing me around like Joey. Sorry, I'm on Cloud 9 right now. I really am. Anyway, my best friends and I used to sign to each other in high school but hadn't really since, so on the train we looked up some phrases to sign to Lauren. There were many deaf people in the audience and seeing them interact with each other made Andrea decide she wouldn't do it in case she messed up. I thought I had mine -- "Great job!" -- down pat, but of course I messed up, shook my head no and simply signed "Thank you" in embarrassment. Lauren continued down the line and then made her way back up taking photographs.

And then I heard Josh's voice. My heart started pounding when I saw him at the top of the line. He was wearing light blue jeans, a white button down shirt and black Adidas with white stripes. Beats headphones were around his neck. On the train Andrea and I had tried to come up with clever things to say and figure out what pose (peace sign/one fist up/devil horns/duck face) the three of us would strike. But after forgetting the sign for "Great job" I already knew I would probably just be grinning like a fool when Josh came by. Anyway when he got to me I abandoned what I'd decided to say, which was either "Great job, give me a high five" (because I'm a nerd) or nothing at all. Instead I handed him my Playbill to autograph and said "Hold on, let me see if I can do this right." and I signed "Good job". He chuckled and said, "Hey that was pretty good!" I replied, "Yeah? Because I was going to sign that to Lauren and ended up doing [random signs]." He laughed and said "Welcome to my world for the past year! That's all I've been doing too, just (he signs gibberish) all over the place." We all laughed and he moved on. I made Joshua Jackson laugh!

4 - Taking a picture with Josh. After he went down the line signing autographs he made his way back up taking pictures. When he made it to us, I said to my friend "You're going to have to take this because I'm no good at talking selfies." Josh smiled at me (!) and says "Yeah me neither." And he puts his arms around us and I put my arm around him and Andy takes one picture. "Thank you!" she said. His hand lingered on my shoulder (!) and he asked "Are you sure?" I quickly said "No, take another one." So we took a few more. I wanted to look at them first and maybe take yet another but I didn't want to hold him up, so I said, "Okay I guess that's good enough." He laughed again and said "Selfie approval, I get that."

So I made Joshua Jackson laugh, I saw his butt cheek, I touched his back, and we took a few pictures together. Even if I don't make it to that Radiohead concert, my year has been officially made!

ETA: As everyone says, he is warm and friendly. He was signing with audience members as he walked the line, and he looked me in the eye and gave me his full attention as I spoke to him. Love that man.

[...]

I love his frame. Onstage and when he was further down the line he seemed shorter and slighter than I knew him to be (I think it’s because he was slouching; he coughed a couple of times onstage, I don’t think our guy was feeling 100%) but when he got closer his proportions were as they seem, and he does have a lot of charisma. If I can figure out how to get them online I will post the pictures.

[...]

My Pics from Children of A Lesser God

Okay that's the best I could do. I couldn't figure out any other way to put up the images without having to pay. In two of the pics you'll see him looking at me as I'm signing. Right after that is when he started laughing; I wish Andy got a shot of it. In one of the others I'm seriously trying to hold it together because up until that point I was pretty comfortable because he really does give off an easy-going air, but in addition to having his arm around me he had also leaned closer as we posed. I know he did it because that's what one does when one poses but I don't care. I like to think it was because we laughed together and both suck at taking selfies!

The grainy pictures I took with my camera, they are just him talking to other fans. My camera sucks.

I forgot to add, when he was signing her poster the girl next to me gushed that she loved him in Dawson's Creek, she named her dog Pacey. To which he replied, friendly enough but somewhat lamely, "That's a good name... It has two syllables..." LOL!!!

I really think at that moment, probably not always, he had simply run out of things to say. I don't know how many thousands of people must have come up to him over the past twenty years to tell him who or what they named after Pacey. But he's nice to try to respond anyway. I'll never forget our exchange of jokes and how he grinned at me, nodding as he said before he went on, "Selfie approval, I get that!" On the train ride in I hadn't planned on him saying anything more than 'thank you'. So by then a bunch of tiny red and pink hearts were fluttering out of my head like the Sims.

One more thing and then I'll shut up. I love that he knows sign language. Beyond basic phrases and the alphabet ASL (or ESL as it was at the time during which the play is based) is not easy to learn. The fact that he learned it instead of just memorizing his lines shows his deep level of commitment and respect.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was hoping you would put your story here as well. Thank you so much.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

My pleasure. After a very long week it put the smile back on my face!
Old 06-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaiya (View Post)
My pleasure. After a very long week it put the smile back on my face!
Josh has that affect on us

Old 06-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience of meeting Josh
Old 06-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for bringing your story over for others to share.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Thanks for bringing your story over for others to share.
I love the detail in the story, it makes you feel like you were right there with her.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:15 AM
Passionate Fan

I hope Josh attends the Tony Awards and we get pics!
Conway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
I hope Josh attends the Tony Awards and we get pics!
I don't think he is going. Lauren responded to a question on Instagram where the person asked if he would be attending and she said he wouldn't but that she knows he supports her or has her back or something like that.

Reply   Post New Thread