Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2018, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It has been very quiet. I hope we get a bit more promo soon. Maybe it will come for the official opening which I think is in April.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-21-2018, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Are the previews tomorrow? We'll have to look out for reviews.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Are the previews tomorrow? We'll have to look out for reviews.
Yeah, they do their first performance on March 22nd. That came quite fast.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:35 AM
Extreme Fan

It must be nervewracking, even if they did already get a new york times review.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

So exciting, can't wait to hear the previews
Old 03-22-2018, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)
So exciting, can't wait to hear the previews
Ditto

Old 03-22-2018, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

The latest news from Broadway.com on Children Of A Lesser God

Quote:
The first-ever Broadway revival of Mark Medoff's Children of a Lesser God, which begins performances today, has announced three ways for deaf and hard-of-hearing audiences to experience the Tony-winning play at Studio 54.

At every performance, Children of a Lesser God will feature supertitles that have been seamlessly incorporated into the show’s scenic design, allowing audiences to follow the script without detracting from the actors’ performances. Additionally, each performance will feature closed captioning available through the GalaPro app (available on Apple or Android devices). Lastly, at select performances of Children of a Lesser God, American Sign Language interpreters will be present.

Co-producer Nyle DiMarco said, “I’m proud to be working alongside a team so open and receptive to the needs of deaf audience members. Too often, deaf audiences are an afterthought in the creation and enjoyment of art, but Children of a Lesser God has made our needs paramount without sacrificing anyone’s appreciation of the terrific performances happening at Studio 54.”

Ridloff said, “I’m proud to be making my Broadway debut in a production that is working to make theater more accessible, and I look forward to the day where every performance on Broadway can be enjoyed by all audience members.”

Set at a school for the deaf, Children of a Lesser God centers on the connection between a teacher named James Leeds (Jackson) and Sarah Norman (Ridloff), a young woman he meets there. The cast also includes Anthony Edwards as Mr. Franklin, Kecia Lewis as Mrs. Norman, Julee Cerda as Edna Klein, Treshelle Edmond as Lydia and John McGinty as Orin Dennis.

Directed by Kenny Leon, Children of a Lesser God will celebrate an official opening night on April 11.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for that
Old 03-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the article.

Tonight is the first performance. I hope all goes well. Break a leg Josh and company.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Thanks for the article.

Tonight is the first performance. I hope all goes well. Break a leg Josh and company.
sending good thoughts, I know they will all be fantastic
Old 03-22-2018, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Hope there's some good news tomorrow when the reviews are published.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There has been a bit of buzz on Twitter about their opening night.

TKTS By TDF
@TKTS
3h
Happy First Day of Previews to the cast and crew of @LesserGodBway! Break a leg! @VancityJax @LaurenRidloff @anthonyedwards @iamKENNYLEON ^Ricky

About The Artists
@abouttheartists
7h
Starting tonight on Broadway: performances begin of 'Children of a Lesser God' w/Joshua Jackson directed by @IAmKennyLeon.
http://www.abouttheartists.com/produ...studio-54-2018

broadway.com
‏Verified account
@broadwaycom
9h
.@LesserGodBway to offer supertitles, closed captions & ASL interpreting: http://bit.ly/2FUlT1w

New York Theatre Guide
@newyorktheatreg
3h
Break a leg to #JoshuaJackson (@VancityJax), @LaurenRidloff & the entire cast & crew of @LesserGodBway on your first performance at Broadway's Studio 54 tonight! https://bit.ly/2ugOmsO

RCI Theatricals
@rcitheatricals
4h
HUGE congrats to everyone involved with @LesserGodBway. Previews begin TONIGHT! Read all about it:
Children of a Lesser God, Starring Joshua Jackson and Lauren Ridloff, Begins Performances on Broadway March 22 | Playbill

Children of a Lesser God on Broadway
@LesserGodBway
10h
Tonight, #StartListening. @LesserGodBway is now in previews: Children of a Lesser God

BroadwayWorld
Verified account
@BroadwayWorld
11h
Meet the cast of @LesserGodBway starting previews tonight!
https://www.broadwayworld.com/articl...views-20180322

Quote:
Joshua Jackson (James Leeds): Broadway debut. Jackson's stage credits include a successful run on London's West End starring in David Mamet's A Life in the Theatre alongside Patrick Stewart. He also starred in the off-Broadway play Smart People at New York's Second Stage Theatre. Jackson currently stars alongside Dominic West, Ruth Wilson, and Maura Tierney in the Golden Globe award-winning television series "The Affair" on Showtime, which will return for its fourth season this April. Jackson was recently seen in the National Geographic Channel's Emmy Award-winning documentary series "Years of Living Dangerously". He previously starred on FOX's hit show "Fringe" created by J.J. Abrams and made a cameo appearance in the Netflix Original "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt". Well known as "Dawson's Creek's" fast-talking, self-deprecating Pacey Witter, Jackson has been working in front of the camera for over twenty years. His feature film debut was in Michael Bortman's Crooked Hearts, which he followed up with The Mighty Ducks trilogy, Digger, and Andre the Seal. Jackson starred in Universal Pictures' The Skulls, Rose Troche's acclaimed drama The Safety of Objects, the HBO Films version of Moises Kaufman's groundbreaking play The Laramie Project, and in Regent Films' Aurora Borealis, opposite Donald Sutherland. Jackson's additional feature film credits include Sky, Cursed, Gossip, Bryan Singer's Apt Pupil, and Cruel Intentions. He also starred opposite Rebecca Hall, Bruce Willis, and Catherine Zeta Jones in Lay the Favorite for director Stephen Frears and Inescapable opposite Marisa Tomei. He was seen as part of the ensemble cast of the critically acclaimed film Bobby for director Emilio Estevez and starred in the psychological thriller Shutter for 20th Century Fox/New Regency which was shot on location in Tokyo. Additionally, he had noted cameos in Steven Soderbergh's Ocean's 11, Scream 2, Urban Legend, and I Love Your Work. In 2010, he received the Best Actor Genie Award for his starring role in the Canadian Independent feature film One Week. A Vancouver native, Jackson divides his time between his hometown and Los Angeles.

Last edited by JJH85; 03-22-2018 at 05:45 PM
Old 03-22-2018, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for posting for all those

Last edited by Shelby1204; 03-22-2018 at 06:09 PM
Old 03-22-2018, 08:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I probably got this wrong, so correct me if I have. I thought the reviews come out when the play opens. The preview time is for them to tinker/change things with the play/performance if needed.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
I probably got this wrong, so correct me if I have. I thought the reviews come out when the play opens. The preview time is for them to tinker/change things with the play/performance if needed.
I'm not entirely sure, but for some reason, I thought the previews was more for the critics and media than the public, but I could be totally wrong.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread