Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2016, 01:05 AM
Elite Fan

I never bought it in the first place. The magazines lie about everything.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 08-11-2016, 04:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

I've read a number of books on Scientology, and they do have a rule where you must exclude anyone who left the religion from your life. They are considered a bad influence, no matter the relationship.

However, all accounts also say the "celebrity" Scientology members, especially Tom Cruise, aren't necessarily required to follow the same rules. They bring in a lot of members and money, so can sometimes bend the rules without repercussions. So I think if Tom and Katie wanted him to see Suri, he would. Whatever is going on there, they are keeping it private. Just because we don't see pap pictures, doesn't mean they're not in contact.

I personally don't believe all the "mystery" around Suri's parentage. Katie was vetted by the religion before she got together with TC, and she would not have been an acceptable "candidate" as wife/partner if she had been pregnant with someone else's child.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:05 AM
Extreme Fan

I think the Katie/Josh rumor started up so soon after the breakup because it's the kind of story that sells magazines and get clicks, even while people think it's ridiculous. It's like Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams getting back together, lots of people really want it to happen, irrespective of reality.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I think the Katie/Josh rumor started up so soon after the breakup because it's the kind of story that sells magazines and get clicks, even while people think it's ridiculous. It's like Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams getting back together, lots of people really want it to happen, irrespective of reality.
I totally agree.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 08-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I've read a number of books on Scientology, and they do have a rule where you must exclude anyone who left the religion from your life. They are considered a bad influence, no matter the relationship.

However, all accounts also say the "celebrity" Scientology members, especially Tom Cruise, aren't necessarily required to follow the same rules. They bring in a lot of members and money, so can sometimes bend the rules without repercussions. So I think if Tom and Katie wanted him to see Suri, he would. Whatever is going on there, they are keeping it private. Just because we don't see pap pictures, doesn't mean they're not in contact.

I personally don't believe all the "mystery" around Suri's parentage. Katie was vetted by the religion before she got together with TC, and she would not have been an acceptable "candidate" as wife/partner if she had been pregnant with someone else's child.
Eh not if the rumors were true that Tom is sterile. What better way to dispel that than to pass another child as your own. For me it comes down to not buying Tom would let his "lone biological child" go that easily. He put up more of a fight with the other two kids who were adopted.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebear (View Post)
Eh not if the rumors were true that Tom is sterile. What better way to dispel that than to pass another child as your own. For me it comes down to not buying Tom would let his "lone biological child" go that easily. He put up more of a fight with the other two kids who were adopted.
Nicole Kidman had a miscarriage during her marriage to Tom, so I would guess that's just another rumour. And why would he care about dispelling a rumour like that? It's common and nothing to be ashamed of.

We'll probably never know the true story, or how much he is/is not in contact with Suri. Unless Katie (or Suri) does a tell all in 20 years or something. I think Katie just knew too much about the inner workings of the church and his role in it, and that led to the speedy divorce and custody. Nutty things happen in there.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just glad she's clear of him and she took Suri out of that environment.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Agreed, very odd environment for anyone. It's an interesting topic though, Leah Reminis book is an eye opener if anyone is interested. Also Beyond Belief by the current leaders niece (who also left the "religion").
Old 08-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Agreed, very odd environment for anyone. It's an interesting topic though, Leah Reminis book is an eye opener if anyone is interested. Also Beyond Belief by the current leaders niece (who also left the "religion").
I think I would be more interested in excerpts from the book than reading an entire book on the subject.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Nicole Kidman had a miscarriage during her marriage to Tom, so I would guess that's just another rumour. And why would he care about dispelling a rumour like that? It's common and nothing to be ashamed of.

We'll probably never know the true story, or how much he is/is not in contact with Suri. Unless Katie (or Suri) does a tell all in 20 years or something. I think Katie just knew too much about the inner workings of the church and his role in it, and that led to the speedy divorce and custody. Nutty things happen in there.
But his first wife Mimi Rogers said that he was sterile and then she quickly took it back and barely worked again after that.

There were rumors that the kid Nicole was pregnant with was Ewan's and Tom knew it and that's why he divorced her supposedly.

As far as not being ashamed of being sterile while one shouldn't be if you're a leading man in Hollywood you have a certain image being sterile isn't part of it.

Just like for a woman being barren isn't either.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That shouldn't matter to anyone other than those involved, but sadly it seems to.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebear (View Post)
The truth is in Suri's face - she's starting to look more & more like Tom every day.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:56 AM
Elite Fan

The media treated Katie so bad when she had Suri. She handled it so well. Suri was called a pillow and then said she wasn't even Tom's. She stood out of it and kept her mouth shut. I remember one comment she made about how the media was so hurtful to Suri years later

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 08-13-2016, 05:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligatoruk (View Post)
The truth is in Suri's face - she's starting to look more & more like Tom every day.
She definitely is.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still see Katie when I look at Suri, but that doesn't mean anything.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread