Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I wasn't on when KH and TC were together, so don't know much about their relationship and how it was discussed here. There is a lot of speculation out there about it all and I really don't have an opinion either way and to be honest, as long as Katie is happy that's all that matters.
Some of us called her "Katebot" back then.
Conway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

I hadn't watched DC when Katie got with Tom. I had really one heard she was in it and that it was popular, so I didn't really pay much attention to their relationship, especially since by that time I wasn't a TC fan.

I did follow it to a degree with what might have been in People Magazine or on ET, but that was about it.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Passionate Fan

https://www.gossipcop.com/katie-holm...ontract-rumor/

Quote:
Katie Holmes “5-Year Dating Ban” After Tom Cruise Divorce Is A Myth

Rumors Katie Holmes agreed to a five-year dating ban as part of her divorce from Tom Cruise are an unfounded myth. Gossip Cop can put this allegation, which has become like an urban legend, to rest once and for all.

Holmes stunned Cruise when she filed for divorce in 2012 after less than six years of marriage. But just days later, they reached a divorce settlement. Since then, the former spouses have led completely separate lives, despite sharing a child together. Cruise has had no involvement in their daughter Suri’s life, and Holmes has raised the now 11-year-old on her own. Although several years have passed since their split, neither Holmes or Cruise have embarked on new relationships publicly. The tabloids, of course, have tried to link them both to a number of people, but Gossip Cop has rightly busted these supposed romances.

In Holmes’ case, conspiracy theorists have claimed that the reason she has not openly moved on to a new partner is due to a supposed clause in her divorce agreement. These rumors allege that to get Cruise to quickly finalize the proceedings, he and the actress negotiated a deal in which she was barred from publicly having a boyfriend for five years. These contentions, however, are pure fiction. There has never been any contract controlling Holmes’ love life. In fact, more than a year ago, Gossip Cop debunked a National Enquirer story that wrongly asserted Holmes and Cruise’s divorce settlement forbid her from dating until 2017.

When the fifth anniversary of their divorce occurred this past July, marking the supposed expiration of this alleged dating stipulation, Holmes didn’t suddenly introduce a boyfriend to the world. She was uncommitted and remains uncommitted now. But after the “Dawson’s Creek” star was recently photographed holding hands with Jamie Foxx, these claims about a dating ban resurfaced. For eample, in a made-up story about Foxx reaching out to Cruise for “forgiveness,” the National Enquirer‘s sister publication, RadarOnline, alleged he and Holmes only stepped out together because the five-year contract had finally lapsed.

HollywoodLife seized on that false nugget of information and used a 2016 RadarOnline story filled with similar contentions to blare in a headline, “Jamie Foxx & Katie Holmes’ Romance Hidden For Years: Was It Because Of Tom Cruise?” The webloid maintained Foxx and Holmes’ beach stroll showed they’re “real deal,” and wrote, “So… why the wait? Apparently, it all had to do with a clause in Katie’s 2012 divorce settlement with Tom Cruise!” Again: There was never any such clause. But this is an unsubstantiated theory outlets and social media gossipers have come to time and again, including generally reliable places like The Daily Beast, to explain why Foxx and Holmes haven’t ever confirmed they’re dating.

Gossip Cop, however, knows the real reason, and it has nothing to do with Cruise and their divorce agreement. As we have always been assured, there is no serious, full-on romance between Holmes and Foxx. Though the gossip media has been quick to spin the photos of the pair as some kind of public “coming out,” the truth is that paparazzi surreptitiously took those pictures from a significant distance away. Holmes did not go to the beach that day intending to be photographed. It was not some kind of visual statement about her relationship status and or a sign that she’s free now to flaunt a romance. In fact, Gossip Cop is still told that she and Foxx simply hang out on occasion, and that’s all there is to it. Their appearance together was not meant to signify a boyfriend-girlfriend dynamic, and has nothing to do with the end of a non-existent dating restriction mandated by Cruise.
Katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

The tabloids make a mockery out of real news which is why I don't read those magazines.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Passionate Fan

https://www.gossipcop.com/katie-holm...iction-rumors/

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE
Katie Holmes And Jamie Foxx: Separating Fact From Fiction

By Shari Weiss | 2:24 pm, September 14, 2017

Ever since Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx were photographed together by paparazzi, the rumor mill has been in overdrive. But most of the gossip stories about their relationship are wildly inaccurate. As Gossip Cop has always rightly maintained, they are not in any kind of a full-blown romance. It is a completely casual, friendly dynamic where they hang out when their schedules allow. And the pair was by no means coming out as a couple when they were surreptitiously photographed on a beach by a paparazzo photographer who used a long lens to secretly snap the pictures. But many tabloids and webloids want readers to think otherwise. Now, Gossip Cop can separate the fact from the fiction on Holmes and Foxx once again.

FICTION: Jamie Foxx reached out to Tom Cruise for “forgiveness” for dating Katie Holmes, according to RadarOnline.
FACT: The site claimed Foxx not only wanted to “clear the air” and “make amends” with his Collateral co-star, but also urge him to spend more time with his daughter, Suri Cruise. Gossip Cop learned, however, that no such conversation ever happened. A Fox confidante even called the story a “complete fabrication.”

FICTION: Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx came out as a couple because they were “tired of living a lie,” according to HollywoodLife.
FACT: HollywoodLies, as it’s known, pretended to have an “insider” explaining that they were “finally” comfortable with the world knowing they’re “in love.” The webloid even speculated they’ll make a red carpet appearance together. But Holmes and Foxx did not tell the world anything. They went for a walk unaware they were being photographed. And they have zero plans to walk a red carpet together. Gossip Cop was assured the tale was “completely false” and made up.

FICTION: Tom Cruise feels betrayed over Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx dating, according to HollywoodLife.
FACT: The outlet falsely claimed it knew Cruise’s reaction to his ex-wife and his former colleague’s alleged romance, citing a “source” as saying he was “shocked and upset.” The story, however, was fictional. Not only is Cruise’s camp not talking with HollywoodLies, but Holmes’ personal life (with or without Foxx) has no effect on him and hasn’t for years, Gossip Cop was told.

FICTION: Jamie Foxx is “like a father” to Suri Cruise, according to HollywoodLife.
FACT: The online publication peddled fake news when it claimed Foxx and Holmes’ daughter have become “very close.” It was even alleged the actress is attracted to him precisely because he’s “so caring her” to Suri. But Gossip Cop discovered that Foxx and Suri have never even met, nor has Suri met his daughters, which the site also falsely asserted. Foxx sources told Gossip Cop all the purported details were fabricated.

FICTION: Katie Holmes “doesn’t care” if Tom Cruise is “furious” over her relationship with Jamie Foxx, according to HollywoodLife.
FACT: After making up Cruise’s reaction, HollywoodLies went a step further by pretending to have Holmes’ response. One of its fictitious “sources” maintained Holmes was “ready” to “come out of the shadows” with Foxx, and “isn’t afraid of upsetting” Cruise. Of course, Holmes and Foxx aren’t coming out of any shadows, and there is no serious relationship for them to flaunt, anyway. Most importantly, Gossip Cop learned no “source close to Holmes” was actually talking with the blog about Cruise or anything else.

FICTION: Katie Holmes was banned from publicly dating anyone for five years as part of her divorce settlement with Tom Cruise, according to various outlets.
FACT: The National Enquirer and RadarOnline spread this myth last year, and the urban legend was recently picked up by HollywoodLife and The Daily Beast to explain why Holmes and Foxx never stepped out together until recently. But as Gossip Cop said in 2016, and confirmed again now, there was never any clause barring Holmes from having a boyfriend. The dating restriction was an invention of the gossip media and not part of any real contract or agreement.

FICTION: Tom Cruise is “envious” of Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx’s relationship, according to HollywoodLife.
FACT: After first fabricating a story about Cruise feeling “betrayed,” the webloid followed up with a piece claiming he was now inspired to find his own “true love.” Like with the previous tall tale, this premise was also a work of fiction. Gossip Cop again confirmed Cruise’s camp is not talking with HollywoodLies, nor is he fixating on someone he cut ties with five years ago.

FICTION: Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx kept their “romance hidden” with secret sleepovers, according to HollywoodLife.
FACT: Further proving that it knows nothing, the site filled out this manufactured report by saying that Suri has given Foxx her “stamp of approval” as Holmes and Cruise co-parent her. In actuality, the actor hasn’t had any contact with his daughter in years. And, as noted above, Suri has not spent time with Foxx. This report about Suri endorsing the relationship and how it was kept quiet was made up like the ones that came before it, real insiders told Gossip Cop.

FICTION: Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx are having a baby, according to Yahoo.
FACT: The Australian edition of the news site alleged the actress was “three months along in her pregnancy” and expecting a girl. The outlet further said it was “perfect” timing since she and Foxx just went “public.” But neither Holmes nor Foxx has intentionally done anything publicly, and this purported pregnancy was made up just to capitalize on a hot topic. A source close to Holmes revealed to Gossip Cop that any pregnancy speculation is “false.”

FICTION: Katie Holmes is “happier” with Jamie Foxx than Tom Cruise, according to HollywoodLife.
FACT: First off, of course Holmes is happier without Cruise in her life. She divorced him for a reason. But Foxx has nothing to do with the actress’ happiness, contrary to the blog’s contention that they are “deeply in love and committed.” They are actually neither. And no one close to Holmes would be saying they are. A friend of the “Dawson’s Creek” star even told Gossip Cop point-blank that this tale was “made up.”

FICTION: Katie Holmes was “angry and really hurt” over Jamie Foxx and Charlize Theron “flirting” at the Mayweather-McGregor fight, according to In Touch.
FACT: The tabloid’s “insider” called it the “ultimate insult” to Holmes that Foxx was “all over” Theron at a public event. But both allegations were crafted to form a non-existent love triangle. There was no evidence Foxx and Theron were touchy-feely, nor would it bother Holmes if they were. She is not in any kind of exclusive relationship with the actor and has no hold on him. Sources on all sides dismissed this narrative to Gossip Cop as a non-story.

FICTION: Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes are expecting a baby, according to OK!.
FACT: The gossip magazine used the beach photos of the pair to allege Holmes had a baby bump under her flowing dress. Like other reports, this article spun the outing as Holmes and Foxx “coming out of hiding.” But they were photographed unbeknownst to them at the time. It was not a hangout designed to make a statement. Most egregiously, the pregnancy claim was not fact-checked with either star’s camp. Gossip Cop, of course, investigated and again confirmed with a Holmes source that she was not pregnant, while a rep for Foxx assured us he is definitely not having a baby with her.

FICTION: Katie Holmes is “upset” Tom Cruise doesn’t spend more time with Suri, according to HollywoodLife.
FACT: In a flip-flop from its prior posts, HollywoodLies claimed to know how the actress feels about being a “single parent.” Of course, as noted above, the blog previously asserted that Holmes and Cruise co-parent. In truth, he has nothing to do with Suri, and Holmes is raising her on her own. And no one is talking to this webloid about what that’s like. A Holmes confidante told Gossip Cop this was yet another fabrication.

FICTION: Katie Holmes is having a meeting with Tom Cruise about dating Jamie Foxx, according to RadarOnline.
FACT: Similar to its story about Foxx wanting to “clear the air” with Cruise, the site now allowed Holmes wanted to do the same and was “planning a secret face-to-face meeting” with her ex-husband. Incredibly, though, the webloid made no mention of the supposed Foxx-Cruise talk in this new piece about a Holmes-Cruise sit-down. That’s likely because the former was made up, just like the latter. Holmes hasn’t spoken to Cruise in years, and Gossip Cop is told she is not compelled to change that now.

It’s quite obvious that RadarOnline, HollywoodLife and its ilk are merely concocting these stories because Foxx and Holmes took a rather innocent stroll on a beach. From that kernel of truth has sprung an avalanche of articles that are doing far more than simply embellishing the stars’ dynamic. These outlets are spreading outright fabrications and fake news that bear little semblance to reality. What’s fact is that Holmes and Foxx are friends, just as they have been for years, and hang out on occasion. Everything else about this supposed grand love affair is fiction.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:20 AM
Loyal Fan

I appreciate Gossip Cop, but it always annoys me that they don't cite sources any more than the tabs they attack. Gossip Cop has a source close to Katie, which is the same claim that RadarOnline and HollywoodLife make.

I don't think there was a five year contract or anyone was apologizing to Tom Cruise, but I do think there might be something to Katie and Jamie Foxx dating.
Sandy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

I pretty much figured those things were fake.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I appreciate Gossip Cop, but it always annoys me that they don't cite sources any more than the tabs they attack. Gossip Cop has a source close to Katie, which is the same claim that RadarOnline and HollywoodLife make.

I don't think there was a five year contract or anyone was apologizing to Tom Cruise, but I do think there might be something to Katie and Jamie Foxx dating.
Funny yet when they say her and Josh have no contact you believe that at face value.

Don't get me wrong Gossip Cop is like other Hollywood websites but for me I don't buy it is because it seems rather pointless to continue to deny something nearly 5 years later on a consistent basis like they have.

I mean at some point other relationships were out since then.

Plus I can't imagine Katie having something like this in her life and keeping Suri in the dark about it as if an 11 year old wouldn't blab to her friends about mommy having a boyfriend.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Double post
Old 09-16-2017, 05:47 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't recall taking Gossip Cop as gospel before, but the rumors about Josh and Katie weren't accompanied by pictures of the two of them on the beach holding hands.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't recall taking Gossip Cop as gospel before, but the rumors about Josh and Katie weren't accompanied by pictures of the two of them on the beach holding hands.
^ This.
Conway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Well there were pics of Tom/Katie everyone said that relationship was a lie even Suri Cruise wasn't a real baby and she still exists 11 years later so yeah I find it laughable how people buy this at face value when neither of them acknowledge they are an item(I mean an actual statement where they say yes they are a couple) but a relationship and child actually acknowledged hey its a lie.

And yet they still deny it I mean sure it seems ridiculous but its quite possible they really aren't together.

Why go through all that trouble to deny it ? Pics and all. I mean if they wanted to keep it a secret we wouldn't be hearing about them to begin with.

Which brings me to my long standing theory they put this out there for publicity but are hiding something else entirely and use this as a ruse to keep the media from going into their actual private life but still keep their name out there.

Josh/Katie's case I think its more nostalgia than anything like they always do with former TV couples.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebear (View Post)
Well there were pics of Tom/Katie everyone said that relationship was a lie even Suri Cruise wasn't a real baby and she still exists 11 years later so yeah I find it laughable how people buy this at face value when neither of them acknowledge they are an item(I mean an actual statement where they say yes they are a couple) but a relationship and child actually acknowledged hey its a lie.

And yet they still deny it I mean sure it seems ridiculous but its quite possible they really aren't together.

Why go through all that trouble to deny it ? Pics and all. I mean if they wanted to keep it a secret we wouldn't be hearing about them to begin with.

Which brings me to my long standing theory they put this out there for publicity but are hiding something else entirely and use this as a ruse to keep the media from going into their actual private life but still keep their name out there.

Josh/Katie's case I think its more nostalgia than anything like they always do with former TV couples.
I think you're lumping different groups together. I think Tom and Katie were a real couple and Suri exists, I also think there was/is a lot of shadiness surrounding Tom. The people who are absolutely convinced Tom and Katie weren't real and Suri is Chris Klein's kid or whatever are not the exact same people who believe Katie and Jamie Foxx are actually dating. There's probably some overlap, but to just say "well, people said x about y and x is poop therefore people who say x about z are also talking total poop" isn't an effective argument.

I got the most recent People and People, which is basically the magazine of the PR stars want out there, says Katie and Jamie are casually dating.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Except that's not what the article says they're friends. Friends don't casually date.

Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx: The Truth about Their Relationship

Quote:
“They’ve been friends for years,” says a Foxx source. “That blossomed into a wonderful relationship that they both enjoy.”

Still, the Foxx source says “neither seems to be in a rush to take it further,” while a Holmes insider insists the connection is even further from serious. “They remain friends and while Katie is in Los Angeles, she is happy to spend time with him, as well as many other friends.”

Nonetheless, Holmes, 38 and Foxx, 49, have been logging some quality time.
My Tom/Katie reference was how people around here were saying this about them and Suri some of us have long term memories and haven't forgotten.

You may act like it never happened some of us remember otherwise.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

I think a big part of the miscommunication is that new members come in the Thread and talk about current info without really knowing what previous discussions may have taken place.

I remember when I first joined I made a comment here and got dinged big time and I'm sure it was because I was only reading current discussions and not getting all the info.
Reply   Post New Thread