Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2017, 05:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)

Rolling my eyes. Josh didn't comment on it on three occasions, when it came up. It's not hard just to say sorry I'm not talking about it.

Last edited by aussiechic; 06-02-2017 at 05:49 AM
Old 06-02-2017, 05:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Got a brochure for the play, apparently buying the ticket put me on their mailing list. Interesting choice for his film work. I would have put One Week on the list.
Thanks for posting this. I hope you enjoy your time seeing the play whenever you go.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks like she confirmed what we already suspected about their break up. I figured something was up even before their public appearance at the Premiere of Smart People. I just wasn't prepared to speculate and wanted them to officially announce the break up as it's not my place to judge their personal life like that.

I do agree with her about not talking about relationships. It makes it hard to be in the public eye being scrutinized for everything you do including your personal relationships. You know none of us would want to do it, so I respect that they (celebs) wouldn't either.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 06-02-2017, 08:11 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree about not talking about relationships but Diane did it continuously throughout their whole ten year relationship. So, for her to say that now, is like calling the kettle black. Other celebs do it very well and only talk about their career.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
I agree about not talking about relationships but Diane did it continuously throughout their whole ten year relationship. So, for her to say that now, is like calling the kettle black. Other celebs do it very well and only talk about their career.
I think that's kind of what she is saying now, she's learned her lesson with her relationship so going forward she's not going to continue that route. At least that's how I read it anyway.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I think that's kind of what she is saying now, she's learned her lesson with her relationship so going forward she's not going to continue that route. At least that's how I read it anyway.
Yes. She won't get far doing that with Norman Reedus because he hates that sort of thing apparently. It's a shame that she still thinks it's alright to do it, about her relationship with Josh. I guess she didn't get his memo where he said he's not talking about it and Diane feels the same.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I think celebs are damned if they do and damned if they don't - the press speculate and make **** up anyway.

I feel like if you're in a serious relationship, there's no point trying to hide it and I think you should make general comments about it but not let it be the sole focus of your interviews. If you start being evasive the press just dig more for gossip. People like Tom Hanks or Matt Damon acknowledge their relationships but they don't parade them around.

I mean to be fair, Josh didn't really live his life much in the public eye before Diane came along but being part of the fashion world, she does a lot more events, so it was inevitable they became a celebrity couple. If you want to avoid press, you need to avoid events and live a low key life (except for promoting your work).
Old 06-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligatoruk (View Post)
I think celebs are damned if they do and damned if they don't - the press speculate and make **** up anyway.

I feel like if you're in a serious relationship, there's no point trying to hide it and I think you should make general comments about it but not let it be the sole focus of your interviews. If you start being evasive the press just dig more for gossip. People like Tom Hanks or Matt Damon acknowledge their relationships but they don't parade them around.

I mean to be fair, Josh didn't really live his life much in the public eye before Diane came along but being part of the fashion world, she does a lot more events, so it was inevitable they became a celebrity couple. If you want to avoid press, you need to avoid events and live a low key life (except for promoting your work).
I totally agree.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Josh did, too. Nearly every interview I've seen with him while Fringe was airing and afterwards, he talked about Diane. He talked about their first date, watching the Affair with her, spending Christmas with her, etc.

I think their break up probably wasn't a binary event, I would guess from the pictures we saw, etc, they were going back and forth and detangling, as it were. They clearly managed to do it without hating each other.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Josh did, too. Nearly every interview I've seen with him while Fringe was airing and afterwards, he talked about Diane. He talked about their first date, watching the Affair with her, spending Christmas with her, etc.

I was talking about the Diane interview and what she said, that's why I only was talking about her.

I realise that Josh used to do it too and I side eyed him when he used to do it as well. He is not immune. There are celebrities that balance it really well, and that was my point. You can be savvy about it. They both can learn a lesson from others.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I was talking about the Diane interview and what she said, that's why I only was talking about her.

I realise that Josh used to do it too and I side eyed him when he used to do it as well. He is not immune. There are celebrities that balance it really well, and that was my point. You can be savvy about it. They both can learn a lesson from others.
I guess they were both asked about their relationship in every interview because they were both famous (notice how most people don't get asked relationship questions if their other half is a nobody!). So I assume it was asked and they were just trying to be open about it. Also, Josh was clearly besotted with Diane, especially in the early days - I don't think he could believe his luck that he'd managed to get her - so he wanted to talk about "his lady".
Old 06-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think when it comes to celeb couples, it is better to share certain things to stop all the speculation. I felt there was less speculation (yes there was some) with them than other couples and it may have been because they talked about each other from time to time. However, I could be totally wrong too.

Aside from all of that, I think we put this topic to bed after the official news of their break up.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Things are starting up, so maybe we will start getting more info.

Some folks can't see it, so here's the link. https://www.instagram.com/p/BUZoVjZl...y=iamkennyleon

Last edited by JJH85; 06-05-2017 at 03:13 PM
Old 06-05-2017, 04:50 AM
Passionate Fan

I can't see the photo?
Old 06-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

I can't see it either but I thought it was because I was on my phone.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread