Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not necessarily. I mean, not everyone I was friends with in high school/college was invited to my wedding, some of them I was very close to then, and still....

And I would have never invited an ex-boyfriend to the festivities, particularly one who I had that much chemistry with. It might illuminate the lack of chemistry for my soon-to-be-husband! Just my opinion, but contrary to the dialogue of DC, sometimes growing up does mean growing apart. And like our Katie (I think) said, it is a light he, and I am sure she, will carry in their hearts forever, as we will we as fans. He doesn't have to be there to wish her well.....
Old 11-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

But this isn't a high school friend, or just an ex-boyfriend--this is someone who she was good *friends* with up until the moment Tom Cruise cocked his little finger and summoned her to his side. At that point, she dropped out--and *friends* who do that to other *friends* aren't very friendly, at least in my book. There's no romanticizing this--it is what it is. I doubt Josh is crying in his beer over it, but it's pretty obvious a once-close friendship is over.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

ITA, Scarlet. This was her best buddy that she hung out with for many, many years AFTER her break up. Someone that she did stuff with on and off the set and when the show was on hiatus and when the show finally wrapped.

If my BFF (who btw, is a boy and my ex-boyfriend) wasn't invited to my wedding of whomever, he would be SERIOUSLY miffed.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree Charla...that I don't think at this point in time it would be appropriate for Josh to be invited...He has now made it known that they haven't spoken in a year and a half...and that is quite a long time for two people who were such good friends...But I think it is obvious...that they must of have had a fallen out...right before she met Cruise or maybe about her dating Cruise...but whatever it was...they weren't able to get it patched up...and I am sorry for both of them to lose such a close friendship...

However...I do believe that they will each hold a place for the other...in their hearts...and I hope for news sake that this is not made into a big deal...or..
just another angle for the press to elaborate on...
and I was truly surprised that the statement was made at all by Josh...but I'm sure no matter how glib he was trying to be...This whole situation must hurt...both of them...and I'm sure that one day their paths will cross...and maybe they will be ready to move past all of this...and if it's not meant to be...then it's...just not meant to be..
Advi by: Joshuazgirl128
Old 11-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Katie beat me to post... But to answer the previous statement..

Ok, I get that...but I just think Josh probably accepts it for what it is. Katie is now a piece of property in the TC castle, IMO.

And, incidentally, my BFF is also my ex and a boy, but I did not attend his recent nuptials. No hard feelings, some people just don't understand these things. If I call myself his true BFF, I have to accept that his bride may not have. I will not hold that against either of them, life is too short.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
However, I do believe that they will each hold a place for the other in their hearts.
I doubt it. I think Josh is seriously hurt and pissed off by the way Katie is acting and I persoally think Katie doesn't give a crap. She sold out big time. /end rant.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Katie, I think you will find that Josh was asked that question during the Bobby media interview. There would be no reason for him to bring it up otherwise. He was asked a post DC question, but again there would be no reason to bring up the wedding, unless he was asked about it.

I think it has been pretty well established that Katie no longer speaks to any of her friends pre Tom time. The minute she started going out with him, she cut them all off. She went and saw Josh in London to see his play and about three weeks later she is with Tom. Josh has been asked a few times about talking to her, and the time seems to have stopped when she started seeing Tom.

It would have hurt initially. How could it not? They had been close friends for so long. However, you eventually get over that, and he has probably done that. Josh and her other pre Tom friends are just not part of her world anymore. Tom's friends and her scientology friends are the ones now, so it does not come as any surprise to me that they will be the ones invited. That's the road she has now chosen.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Which is why, when people say they feel sorry for her, I feel like gagging. As an adult, I'm sure she was well aware of the choices that Cruise was asking (either tacitly or overtly we'll never know) her to make. She quite deliberately chose Tom's friends and lifestyle (including Scientology) over her own former friends and lifestyle - including Josh.

I'm sure her behavior hurt him like crazy at first, but I'm also sure that after a year and a half of this crap, he's resigned himself to it and moved on. Does it still anger him? I bet it will for some time - when people you love and trust renounce you, or make believe you no longer exist, it has to hurt like hell. But you do get over it - and after a while, you find it no longer really matters - because the person who rejected you no longer really matters...

Avi by Agnis
Old 11-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
But I think it is obvious...that they must of have had a fallen out..
I can't see Josh letting a falling out last for this long with someone he respected as much as he said he respected Katie. I believe that she dropped anyone and everyone she knew from preTom. Her sellout was huge and when she is the third ex-Mrs. Cruise it will interesting to see how she can repair the relationship she clearly shared with Josh.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
I doubt it. I think Josh is seriously hurt and pissed off by the way Katie is acting and I persoally think Katie doesn't give a crap. She sold out big time. /end rant.
Oh, I don't know how hurt and pissed he is--I think what's done is done. But, honestly, a "falling out" either before or right when she and TC hooked up? Doubt it. More like SHE just fell out. I don't think there's anything deeper than that.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Banned

IMHO, Josh has better things to do than to sulk in pity for Katie. I don't care if they are friends or whatnot. Also, Josh has many other friends that still cares about him espeically Wes as well as Diane Kruger. Katie isn't the only person in his life that he cares about.

Quote:
but I'm sure no matter how glib he was trying to be...
Maybe he is being honest? Not everything that Josh says about katie has to be glowing. Doesn't make him a glib.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:07 AM
New Fan

JACKSON DEFENDS CO-STAR LOHAN

Former DAWSON'S CREEK star JOSHUA JACKSON has blasted critics of BOBBY co-star LINDSAY LOHAN, insisting reports of her party lifestyle do not match her "professionalism" on set. The actor is outraged at the way Lohan has been treated in the press and the criticism she's endured from some of her movie colleagues. He's adamant the 20-year-old is no wilder than other girls her age, and admires how she keeps her social life and career so separate, despite what others have claimed. Jackson says, "She's a sweetheart. She's in the eye of the storm all the time. "Maybe we expect too much from her privately. We want her to be sexy and then demure on demand. She's just doing what every 20-year-old is doing. But she's very professional on set."
07/11/2006 07:58

URL to article:JOSHUA JACKSON - JACKSON DEFENDS CO-STAR LOHAN

this is the Josh we know...he's just so adorable isn't he?
Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, Dina. I think we talked about this further up on the thread... but it is sweet of Josh to come to her defense.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:30 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
Thanks, Dina. I think we talked about this further up on the thread... but it is sweet of Josh to come to her defense.

u did? i dint notice it...sorry! yeah it's so sweet of him to do so
Old 11-09-2006, 02:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Actually, I posted the quote in a larger story that got lost when the last Bobby thread was accidentally deleted - by then, I didn't have time to go back, look for the original story and re-post, so I don't think it actually appears on this thread...I could be wrong, though...

As for Katie, a falling out has nothing to do with it - she left the relationship, period. It would be a whole lot easier for Josh to get over any lingering anger and resentment regarding Ms. Holmes if he wasn't asked about her every 5 minutes. Instead of asking Josh more and better questions about the movie (which he was obviously there to promote), it's a whole lot juicier to ask the Katie question - and unfortunately, makes for better radio.

When her relationship with Cruise grows stale, however, and it will - no relationship can maintain itself on the initial "high" of love forever - she may find she has little else - a once promising career in shambles and old friends who can't be blamed for giving her the same cold shoulder she gave them...by the time she wakes up, everything she once held dear could be gone...as I posted above, you do get over the hurt and anger of rejection, simply because the person who rejected you no longer means to you what he or she once did.

And hopefully, after this marriage finally takes place next week, people will stop asking Josh about Katie Holmes and start talking to him about the important subject at hand - this movie that Josh is so earnestly currently promoting and any other work he chooses to do down the road...

Avi by Agnis

Last edited by LVF58; 11-09-2006 at 03:24 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread