Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten My Love (View Post)
I've never read that interview before, and I had pretty much come to the conclusion that Fringe ended up being a lot different than their original plan. But now, having read JJ's ideas for Fringe in this interview, I think it ended up coming really close to his original concept.
This is the first time i read the interview but i disagree with you about what producers and JJ Abrmas had in mind for the series. I agree about general things like relationships ecc, but there were also awesome storylines and details closed with ridicolous explanations and in that case it was pretty clear that producers had more interesting things in their minds but because of the influence of some fans and more important people they had to change direction. Let's face the facts.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten My Love (View Post)

No matter what changes, turns and complete re-hauls they had to take to keep Fringe on the air, they should be proud of that show.
I arrived late to the Fringe party, after Season 4, but watched Seasons 1-4 last summer in time to get glued to Friday nights for Season 5. And I'm still hooked on this great show with fantastic writing, plot twists, and amazing performances.

And you can see in that JJ Abrams quote what he means about Josh bringing so much depth to the scripts. I have many favorite episodes, but there isn't a single one where Josh's performance is anything less than 100% fantastic and credible -- he is and always will be Peter Bishop.

... At least until the next great role!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Fringe (View Post)
I arrived late to the Fringe party, after Season 4, but watched Seasons 1-4 last summer in time to get glued to Friday nights for Season 5. And I'm still hooked on this great show with fantastic writing, plot twists, and amazing performances.

And you can see in that JJ Abrams quote what he means about Josh bringing so much depth to the scripts. I have many favorite episodes, but there isn't a single one where Josh's performance is anything less than 100% fantastic and credible -- he is and always will be Peter Bishop.

... At least until the next great role!
Amen!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen (View Post)
Totally random but this video is one of the cutest ever:
OMG I Met the Fringe Cast! - YouTube
Awh I LOVE the Josh parts! The "and Wikipedia is never, ever wrong" part and "stick around, everybody dies on Fringe" were fab.

He looks totally delicious in this too - love the short, short hair. And that tweed jacket at the end is OMG (that would be "Oh My! Gorgeous") on him.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Seems like the paparazzi have finally left Josh alone, which is a good thing I miss him though Can he go out running shirtless again please? Just once and then i'll be happy
Old 08-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
This is the first time i read the interview but i disagree with you about what producers and JJ Abrmas had in mind for the series. I agree about general things like relationships ecc, but there were also awesome storylines and details closed with ridicolous explanations and in that case it was pretty clear that producers had more interesting things in their minds but because of the influence of some fans and more important people they had to change direction. Let's face the facts.
I, too was frustrated by the abrupt closure of some storylines that were introduced, dropped and/or seemed to go nowhere. I agree with you that, due to time constraints (like the threat of cancellation at the end of Seasons 3 and 4), long-range stories had to be brought forward or changed altogether, causing awkward shifts in the mythology.

But that's not what I meant about JJ Abrams' original concept about the underlying mythology. Here is the quotation where I say Abrams wanted the mythology to always be "there", at least in the background, even though the producers promoted the show, insisting that it was to be primarily stand-alone episodic:

JJ Abrams: "... I would even say closer to that-it's closer to ER almost where you have these ongoing relationships, these ongoing storylines (emphasis mine) and yet week to week when the door bursts open you're faced with the insane urgent situation of the week."

This was September 8, 2008 and it's obvious that, even back then, he wanted a thread to tie the episodes together by having the mythology undergird the "situation of the week". Thank goodness because the show started getting better once they began focusing on the mythology.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

A sighting at LAX, not sure if he's arriving or departing:
.@mrsmolemi1 | #JoshuaJackson #LAX #starsighting | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer
Old 08-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Supreme Fan

It ticket counter, then departing. If customs, then arriving. Can't tell with the sign that just says "Service Center". *shrug*
Old 08-10-2013, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

another pic at the airport:

https://mobile.twitter.com/H_Hunting...688896/photo/1

I wonder where ge's going now
Old 08-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

Someone on Just Jared commented that he's been in Vancouver visiting family for last bit, but I take comments on there with a grain of salt.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

I think back to Vancouver -- someone just saw him in Vancouver.
phoenix ‏@phoenixindacity 16m
Um...I just got off the elevator w Joshua Jackson. He looked REALLY really good. That is all.

Last edited by On the Fringe; 08-10-2013 at 12:52 PM
Old 08-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Fringe (View Post)
I think back to Vancouver -- someone just saw him in Vancouver.
phoenix ‏@phoenixindacity 16m
Um...I just got off the elevator w Joshua Jackson. He looked REALLY really good. That is all.

Lol....the perfect comment!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Can you imagine running into him in an elevator? I might hyperventilate
Old 08-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Master Fan

@RKHAR 3m
i ****in love weddings met joshua jackson tonight weeoooo congrats michelle and al love u guys ****ak.

Another wedding, damn he was not kidding when he said he had a bunch of weddings this summer At this point he should just get ordained and become a minister lol
I wonder why he didn't just stay in Vancouver the whole week if he had another wedding in the same city, instead of going back to LA and then returning.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
@RKHAR 3m
i ****in love weddings met joshua jackson tonight weeoooo congrats michelle and al love u guys ****ak.

Another wedding, damn he was not kidding when he said he had a bunch of weddings this summer At this point he should just get ordained and become a minister lol
I wonder why he didn't just stay in Vancouver the whole week if he had another wedding in the same city, instead of going back to LA and then returning.
Someone has to feed the cat
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top