Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Extreme Fan

They need to go back to Paris or Vancouver.

Last edited by aussiechic; 08-01-2011 at 08:33 AM
Old 08-01-2011, 07:54 AM
New Fan

ITA with your friends theory Bearlee! Paid Paparazzi (Personal Publicists paying the paps to take 'staged' photos is something that happens ALL THE TIME. It's part of the pap business.)

She def knows when the camera is on her doesn't she? Good lord. LOL! And I'm glad that he makes it known that he wears a ring as opposed to her - who is sans ring again.

These photos are so set up, esp those hiking/shopping ones. Who wears makeup while hiking and then goes directly shopping afterwards if you really did a workout and were totally sweaty. (And corporate stores do NOT let you into the store to take pap photos.) They aren't big at all to be considered 'pap magnets' by any means that they would be followed into freaking Whole Foods. The people in the store probably had NO IDEA who they even were.

And I'm pretty sure that the TMZ story was tipped off by her people too. Cause he's not big enough for TMZ to go camp outside of a hospital emergency room for. (Sorry Josh) And she looked a little 'too' dressed up and put together to have had to rush to get someone to the doctor quickly. Just saying...
Old 08-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Interesting theory! I always wonder about the pap shots too when they're just doing random "outings".

OT/ Donna, the weather here in SoCal has been doing something funky. This weekend there was some serious monsoon conditions all across the region except for Los Angeles County. Instead, LA got this very cool breeze, cooler temps & cooler mornings! We ended up retreating to Los Angeles yesterday to get away from the humidity & heat at our house!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Interesting theory, I can definitely see it though. Not that Josh isn't a star or Diane for that matter, but they do seem to find themselves in the limelight once to often IMO. I also think it's interesting how Josh is always putting on a lovey dovey show for the paps and she can't seem to remember to put on her commitment ring.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

I was thinking that they had maybe agreed to some "pap" shots for publicity reasons as in the past Josh has been annoyed by paps but now he seems happy for them to follow him shopping and watch him chowing down on a huge burger!

My photoblog
Old 08-01-2011, 11:51 AM
New Fan

I don't think there are any real conspiracy theories afoot, nor do I think these two are "papped" any more than the random B or C list celebrity. I think persperctive is in where one's interest lies. The Pop Sugar site administrators, for instance, have their favorites that they continually (and almost religiously) focus on, and Josh and Diane just happen to be two of them. On other celebrity photo-related sites, these shots show up on maybe page three or four (if at all) with very minimal comments or interest as compared to the fifty or so other celebrities who were seen and photographed on this same day.

Plus it all depends upon where you go. They were out and about in the center of MALIBU of all places, having lunch in plain view outside and then going to the movies. I'm sure a movie date and a meal is something they have done plenty of times while in Vancouver or some corner bistro in Paris. Were these two photographed out in a more remote or obscure place than perhaps I would be skeptical, but not when they are in smack dab in the middle of downtown celebrity-ville-central. Of course they knew they would be photographed in such a highly visible place. Of course they did. I just don't think it required any "tipping off". All it required was showing up.

And I don't get the sense at all that the paparazzi were inside that supermarket in the other set of photos...nor do I get the sense that it was their dog. The resolution would suggest the photos were taken from a distance, some through glass. And I think they were just walking past the dog. LOL.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well, I no longer really know what to think to be honest. I can see the arguments for both sides and both arguments have their valid points. I know it's said that 'set up' photo ops are quite frequent in the biz. I do think though that a big part of the paps shooting them is just where they happen to be - they never get shot in Vancouver, it's always always when they're in LA or NY.

Last edited by Seersha; 08-02-2011 at 12:24 AM
Old 08-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

Well, now I'm not so sure. They were then spotted later Sunday night at Nobu restaurant. This is a very popular paparazzi spot for celebs to get noticed and photographed:

Diane Kruger & Joshua Jackson: Sunday Dinner Date! | Diane Kruger, Joshua Jackson : Just Jared

But meh, it doesn't matter to me. When in Rome!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:15 PM
New Fan

Those photos were all a part of the same group I saw. It was one consecutive outing, the movies and dinner after. (But apparently Josh had to also stop for a bite before the movie started--no surprise there.) Those are all the photos to which I was referring, in regards to their photos being taken because they were at all these known celebrity spots.

Diane goes to the gym, shopping and lunch quite often while in Vancouver. I hear Josh joins whenever he's not busy working, even if just on break from set. Yet we have almost no photos of them there--or in their day to day life in Paris for that matter. If really that desperate for attention, you'd think there would be plenty.

I think Diane is navigating her career well so far, and have no doubt that she'd like to move on to bigger and better things and be a bigger name. Same goes for Josh. I also think he likes attention when he's in the mood for it, but never got the sense that either one of them were famewh*res. And those types are usually pretty easy to spot.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitlyn23 (View Post)

Diane goes to the gym, shopping and lunch quite often while in Vancouver. I hear Josh joins whenever he's not busy working, even if just on break from set. Yet we have almost no photos of them there--or in their day to day life in Paris for that matter. If really that desperate for attention, you'd think there would be plenty.
I think some of us were saying that these photos are paid pics, done to get her more notoriety. Meaning her people call the paps that are out daily at these places and say, 'Hey, my talent is going there later. Take some 'good' pics and send them directly to me at the end of the day and I will service them to media outlets.' This is a VERY COMMON THING that happens ALL THE TIME. (Read: Jessica Alba, Hilary Duff, Jessica Simpson.)

Her people don't do that in Vancouver b/c there are no professional paparazzi there (except the airport lurkers and they aren't professional.)

We're not saying they are desperate, we're saying the pics are taken on purpose with intent to get her noticed. Something that I feel comes across as cheesy and very unauthentic.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffles (View Post)
Interesting theory, I can definitely see it though. Not that Josh isn't a star or Diane for that matter, but they do seem to find themselves in the limelight once to often IMO. I also think it's interesting how Josh is always putting on a lovey dovey show for the paps and she can't seem to remember to put on her commitment ring.
HA! I missed the ring comment. Yeah, she does 'forget' to put that on often doesn't she? While he flashes it so that people on the moon can see that he has it on. Those Comic Con videos were hilarious. It was like he was saying, 'Here's my left hand. I wear a 'commitment' ring.' And then he has to explain why it's a commitment ring and not a wedding ring. (Now it's gonna be why he wears one and why she wears her's 50% of the time.)

LOL! I'm sure I'll get 'remarks' about my comment but isn't that why we post here so all our opinions are heard?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Meaning her people call the paps that are out daily at these places and say, 'Hey, my talent is going there later. Take some 'good' pics and send them directly to me at the end of the day and I will service them to media outlets.' This is a VERY COMMON THING that happens ALL THE TIME. (Read: Jessica Alba, Hilary Duff, Jessica Simpson.)
Oh, I'm very well aware of how it works.

My point is that sometimes celebrities get their photo taken because they cross the path of a photographer, and no "call" is needed.

Quote:
we're saying the pics are taken on purpose with intent to get her noticed
Then it's equally as possible that they are taken with the intent to get him noticed.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:28 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitlyn23 (View Post)
Oh, I'm very well aware of how it works.

My point is that sometimes celebrities get their photo taken because they cross the path of a photographer, and no "call" is needed.

Then it's equally as possible that they are taken with the intent to get him noticed.
Right. But in this instance when it hasn't been done in eons (unless on a red carpet for an event that she attends and he's there to hold her purse) it's very suspicious. Considering the stuff we mentioned below.

And I would call his people out on it but when captions are made and these pics pop up in female minded blogs, it's the female counterpart's people that are the ones making the calls. Trust me, used to do this for a living.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

I always find this topic fascinating for some reason. Again, too many celebrity blogs and noticing the people who seem to manage to get papped every-day in LA, even if they're not a big name.

Quote:
I think Diane is navigating her career well so far, and have no doubt that she'd like to move on to bigger and better things and be a bigger name. Same goes for Josh. I also think he likes attention when he's in the mood for it, but never got the sense that either one of them were famewh*res. And those types are usually pretty easy to spot.
Pretty much. Do I wish they didn't do it, sure a little, and I don't get the impression Josh cares as much as Diane, but hey it's part of the game. They're not famewhores. *cough*LianneRimes*cough*

As for the reason why, well it could easily be a movie, but also Calvin Klein and Loreal seem to have new campaigns about, at least one set of those photos on a gossip website is tied to a promo video of Diane's shoot for Loreal.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure that the TMZ story was tipped off by her people too. Cause he's not big enough for TMZ to go camp outside of a hospital emergency room for. (Sorry Josh) And she looked a little 'too' dressed up and put together to have had to rush to get someone to the doctor quickly. Just saying...
I really don't think they were staged, they could easily have been out at dinner when it happened (hence being dressed up) and TMZ must have people at hospitals to tip them off, because they're TMZ and that's quite their style. Might have been a slow night, but yeah, I don't think those were.

And while I'm being opinionated, I don't think the supermarket shots were in the store. Just outside with a really good lens. And I thought those could have been about him as it was post-allergic reaction and just to say, 'Look, chill out, he's fine.' Even though there were a gazillion photos of him taken at Comic-con, that allergic reaction story was in lots of places long after it happened.

Last edited by kielix; 08-01-2011 at 06:06 PM Reason: To add quotes and because I have too many thoughts on this topic.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudFan (View Post)
Right. But in this instance when it hasn't been done in eons (unless on a red carpet for an event that she attends and he's there to hold her purse) it's very suspicious. Considering the stuff we mentioned below.

And I would call his people out on it but when captions are made and these pics pop up in female minded blogs, it's the female counterpart's people that are the ones making the calls. Trust me, used to do this for a living.
I always get the feeling that it's more about her than him. I also think that Josh would be fine with his career with the way it stands, she on the other hand still wants to make it big. IMO her people are the ones who orchestrates the opportunities to get her picture taken.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread