Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2014, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden74 (View Post)
Just a word of caution, that is a rough link-lots of pop-ups.

He is a fun excerpt from the article:

"The actor revealed that he’s just finished reading The Wild God of the World, the meaty book of poems by Robinson Jeffers. He also said he thinks the enduring fan base for Dawson’s Creek “is amazing, and incredible…and, yeah, to me, it’s a little weird. But it’s more amazing than weird.” Then I asked if I could put him on my Instagram. “Actually, I’d prefer it if you didn’t,” he laughs. No worries, JJ—your Fan Page is more than enough!"

Is he talkin' 'bout us?
I would love to think we are on someone's radar as a fan site for Josh, whether we are or not is unbeknowst to me.

Thanks for all the links to different pics guys. Did anyone notice that Josh's eyes match the colour of his tie in some of the pics? He looks amazing.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I think he knew Kate B from the WB days. I think they were both in those awesome WB promos?

Edit: just had to look one up and post again. . Just so fun to watch, so many people who are popular today, just starting out then. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xICmPAV3JdA
Old 11-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
Yeah, I think he knew Kate B from the WB days. I think they were both in those awesome WB promos?

Edit: just had to look one up and post again. . Just so fun to watch, so many people who are popular today, just starting out then. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xICmPAV3JdA
Holy nostalgia! I feel a little old admitting that I remember watching that on television when it aired! I loved watching that again and seeing so many familiar faces. Josh looks like he may have some refreshments, and he's barefoot in the shot where he's climbing on top of the banquette and slides down to the seat. He nearly knocks the whole table over. Dogson doesn't look too happy!!

I couldn't pick out Kate Bosworth. I had to google her, and honestly she's still not ringing a bell for me. I never watched Young Americans, and I can't remember her in anything else.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tela (View Post)
Holy nostalgia! I feel a little old admitting that I remember watching that on television when it aired! I loved watching that again and seeing so many familiar faces. Josh looks like he may have some refreshments, and he's barefoot in the shot where he's climbing on top of the banquette and slides down to the seat. He nearly knocks the whole table over. Dogson doesn't look too happy!!

I couldn't pick out Kate Bosworth. I had to google her, and honestly she's still not ringing a bell for me. I never watched Young Americans, and I can't remember her in anything else.
I think it was that one she's in, but I'd have to watch again. The Young Americans crowd (I think) show briefly sitting on a couch towards the end I think. Including a young Ian Somerhalder. Edit: nope they're not sitting, just all standing together with arms around each other.

Kate B was popular back then because of the movie Blue Crush. That's all I really know her from.

Here's the other WB video I was thinking of, not as much Josh, but if watched WB, you'd like it. They're just so fun. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VqZcNokb5Lg

Last edited by Tracydeanne1; 11-22-2014 at 09:18 AM
Old 11-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was fun to go back to see. I then watched this one which I don't think I've ever seen before. I love how they end it on Josh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TebWc5xjlTY

I mainly remember Kate Bosworth from Win a Date with Tad Hamilton. That was the first time I remember seeing Josh Duhamel in anything. I own the movie and have watched it several times over the years, both with and without my kids.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

So much fun to watch.

Whatever happened to those Seventh Heaven kids? Only Jessica Biel is still current I think? Well, she's well known anyway, maybe not popular.

Josh's look really changes in each video. Growing up I guess. Katie still looks exactly the same.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's another video that gives a little insight into the shows that the folks from the WB promo video. It doesn't show the Kate Bosworth show, but it helped me answer some questions as to who some of them were. I had no idea Katherine Heigl was in anything before Grey's Anatomy and I was wondering why Jamie Fox was in the that video cause I had never seen The Jamie Foxx Show. This was interesting for me.

And of course to keep on Topic Josh is in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK2C2r1zN5U

Tracy - not sure if you ever visit the OT Thread, but I thought you might like to know that William Shatner will be doing a 4 episode arc on Haven which puts him our little neck of the woods.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, the WB had so many stars of today. I think they must have been awesome at spotting talent.

No, I didn't see that about WS, I'll have to check it out, thanks!
Old 11-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for posting those WB promos videos.
Oh man, those were the days. Watching that took me way back, i feel old.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm having a blast looking at some of the old promo videos. Look what you've done Tracy.

Josh always looks like he's having fun in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqZcNokb5Lg

Old 11-22-2014, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for all the links! I had so much fun on memory lane. Josh does look like he's having fun. Anyone else catch him laughing with Keri Russell in the "Crawl" video? He also looked kind of taken with Alyssa Milano in the "Oh What a Night" video! There was one where JVDB looked so young in that I did a double take, and yeah, I have to agree that Katie Holmes pretty much looks the same

I have to admit that I sort of loved Roswell, and I knew Katherine Heigl before she did Gray's. When Shiri Appleby did a guest spot on Girls, I nearly fell off the couch!!
Old 11-22-2014, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tela (View Post)
Thanks for all the links! I had so much fun on memory lane. Josh does look like he's having fun. Anyone else catch him laughing with Keri Russell in the "Crawl" video? He also looked kind of taken with Alyssa Milano in the "Oh What a Night" video! There was one where JVDB looked so young in that I did a double take, and yeah, I have to agree that Katie Holmes pretty much looks the same

I have to admit that I sort of loved Roswell, and I knew Katherine Heigl before she did Gray's. When Shiri Appleby did a guest spot on Girls, I nearly fell off the couch!!
Not that I'm obsessed or anything, but I did notice ALL of Josh's spots in the videos There had actually be rumour that he hooked up with Alyssa, but that was never confirmed that I know of. Regardless though, he was always comfortable with the ladies and they seemed to all love him and I think it's because he's such a fun person to be around. I never saw Roswell and have no idea who Shiri Appleby is.

And since we are talking about those WB promo videos, I mentioned earlier about the movie Win a Date with Tad Hamilton, well I just turned the TV on about 20 minutes ago and that movie is playing on all of the CTV stations across Canada. Now that's quite the coincidence. My hubby still thinks I have this 6th sense thing going and that that's why I mentioned earlier.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was so obsessed with Charmed and Felicity when they were on. I didn't watch Roswell, but it was very popular as well.

I admit I don't recall hearing about an Alyssa/Josh hookup, but I bet all the WB shows were pretty incestuous. Young, beautiful, famous, and all at the same parties. Let the good times roll!
Old 11-22-2014, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I was so obsessed with Charmed and Felicity when they were on. I didn't watch Roswell, but it was very popular as well.

I admit I don't recall hearing about an Alyssa/Josh hookup, but I bet all the WB shows were pretty incestuous. Young, beautiful, famous, and all at the same parties. Let the good times roll!
It kind of makes me wish I was into it all back then. I only watched Charmed.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

I keep meaning to get ahold of Melissa Joan Harts (Sabrina show) book about that time period in her life with the WB.

Although industry insiders were saying she left a lot out re: the drugs and hookups. Maybe saving material for the next one. Lol

When is Josh writing his biography? Now that would be an interesting read.