Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2018, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

awesome thanks for the info
Old 11-28-2018, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good to know, thanks.

Josh is taking some much needed me time right now and should be ready and fresh in the new year for this latest project.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Good to know, thanks.

Josh is taking some much needed me time right now and should be ready and fresh in the new year for this latest project.
Unless he spends a bit time with The Affair first.
Conway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Not long to go til January. 1st of December today.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not looking good for Liquid Media at the moment and she is including Josh in this.

Media exec sues B.C. company for $10M claiming discrimination

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tion-1.4917876

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...D=ansmsnnews11
Old 12-05-2018, 03:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Not looking good for Liquid Media at the moment and she is including Josh in this.

Media exec sues B.C. company for $10M claiming discrimination

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tion-1.4917876

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...D=ansmsnnews11
I see too many inconsistencies in her story. She's complaining about not having an office. Neither does Josh or the other executives. First she says she went to LA to contact Josh, but he ignored her. Then she says he told her she can have an office or a higher salary and no office. She's suing for $10 million, which is higher than her salary. Does Liquid Media even have that kind of money?

There were other male employees that were eliminated after the Liquid Media/Waterproof studios merger.

She sounds like she's an entitled *** and like she's using Josh's celebrity status to get her own financial gain.

I hope Liquid Media takes her to court, because I don't think she'll win.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
I see too many inconsistencies in her story. She's complaining about not having an office. Neither does Josh or the other executives. First she says she went to LA to contact Josh, but he ignored her. Then she says he told her she can have an office or a higher salary and no office. She's suing for $10 million, which is higher than her salary. Does Liquid Media even have that kind of money?

There were other male employees that were eliminated after the Liquid Media/Waterproof studios merger.

She sounds like she's an entitled *** and like she's using Josh's celebrity status to get her own financial gain.

I hope Liquid Media takes her to court, because I don't think she'll win.

There is always a lot more to it and in a story which is giving her side, you are not getting both. I'm not totally sure what a Chairman does, it probably varies, but normally they are there for board meetings of a public company. Their job is to make sure the board fulfils all the requirements that they legally have to do, like issue quarterly statements, things like that. She was the CEO and a board member, Josh was a board member like the others. Why is she asking Josh about not having an office? Isn't that the board's decision? If they are doing a lot of business or want to in LA, an office was probably necessary. One place they couldn't get away with not having an office.

I'm not sure Liquid Media have that kind of money.
aussiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Like I said, too many odd variables in her story. Then she complains about having to make business deals at Starbucks. Big deal. I've seen business deals being done at McDonalds. Plus, she is based in New York, where she wants to be. It's not like they asked her to relocate to Vancouver against her wishes.

As we know Josh is a working actor, so yes he is Chairman, but he obviously doesn't handle day-to-day operations of his company.

To me this story is almost a non-story. I'm glad not too many media outlets are picking up on this.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Like I said, too many odd variables in her story. Then she complains about having to make business deals at Starbucks. Big deal. I've seen business deals being done at McDonalds. Plus, she is based in New York, where she wants to be. It's not like they asked her to relocate to Vancouver against her wishes.

As we know Josh is a working actor, so yes he is Chairman, but he obviously doesn't handle day-to-day operations of his company.

To me this story is almost a non-story. I'm glad not too many media outlets are picking up on this.

Not sure if you made a typing mistake, but the company is not his? He looks like he probably was there around the time the company started, with the others. They were all in it together, from the start. Like you said, he's an actor, he has no experience with companies, unlike the other board members. They do the day to day operations and probably do it full time. There is also a chairman which is a non executive chairman, which is not suppose to deal with the day to day operations. Being a very small company, we don't know what his position of chairman actually does in theirs.

I've noticed they haven't mentioned what was in her contract. She was CEO and probably managing director. I would of thought she would have had some sort of contract. She's a lawyer. I would think there must be something in that about termination etc.

Last edited by aussiechic; 12-09-2018 at 06:57 AM
Old 12-05-2018, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Board of Directors of Public companies are basically the the Bosses of a CEO; however, they make decisions based on the information provided to them. Now Liquid Media is not a large company in that it does not have a lot of employees and it looks like they have some high consulting fees. If you look at the MD&A, you can see that their consulting fees decreased by $95,000 which they quote was attributed to the resignation of the CEO. It also states that the Company did not engage in other consultants which makes it sound like those costs were directly related to her. Based on that I'm wondering if she was requesting too much money for what she was doing.

As far as office space, I find that such an odd request given that in this day and age, a lot of people work from home, so the fact that she's using that as well in her explanation seems odd to me. What reason would she have for not being able to work from home?

I'm also wondering if she had a contract because in the early documents, she is listed as President and CEO and that was before any of the Legal documents were required to be posted on SEDAR. So it is possible there was no contract, but I'm just speculating.

And just as a side note - Josh was officially appointed to the Board of Directors of Liquid Media via the News Release dated February 5, 2014. The Company was already established at that point.

Last edited by JJH85; 12-05-2018 at 07:54 AM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Board of Directors of Public companies are basically the the Bosses of a CEO; however, they make decisions based on the information provided to them. Now Liquid Media is not a large company in that it does not have a lot of employees and it looks like they have some high consulting fees. If you look at the MD&A, you can see that their consulting fees decreased by $95,000 which they quote was attributed to the resignation of the CEO. It also states that the Company did not engage in other consultants which makes it sound like those costs were directly related to her. Based on that I'm wondering if she was requesting too much money for what she was doing.

As far as office space, I find that such an odd request given that in this day and age, a lot of people work from home, so the fact that she's using that as well in her explanation seems odd to me. What reason would she have for not being able to work from home?

Thanks for the explanation. Different countries has different laws when it comes to this. I wasn't sure about how it was in Canada.

Yes, the office thing is interesting. They have got by without offices up till now. It's an outlay and can be costly. If she was a consultant for them, acting as a CEO, surely they would have some sort of contract? So, why no mention of that?

Last edited by aussiechic; 12-09-2018 at 07:04 AM
Old 12-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
Thanks for the explanation. Different countries has different laws when it comes to this. I wasn't sure about how it was in Canada.

Yes, the office thing is interesting. If she was a consultant for them, acting as a CEO, surely they would have some sort of contract? So, why no mention of that?
I'm also wondering if she had a contract because in the early documents, she is listed as President and CEO and that was before any of the Legal documents were required to be posted on SEDAR. So it is possible there was no contract, but I'm just speculating.

And just as a side note - Josh was officially appointed to the Board of Directors of Liquid Media via the News Release dated February 5, 2014. The Company was already established at that point.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Passionate Fan

In any case, this doesn't seem like discrimination. It sounds like a contract breach situation, if anything.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm doubting the discrimination a bit too, for a couple of reasons. Josh doesn't seem the type to sit by and let something like that happen and she has been working with those mentioned for a couple of years. Something tells me there may be some creative differences or that perhaps there may have been a dispute about money. I have no proof whatsoever, but it is just a feeling.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:21 AM
New Fan

Josh on TFI Friday in 2000

Hi everyone

I'm not really sure where to put this, but as it was news nearly 19 years ago when this interview happened and it probably wasn't shared with fans outside the UK then, I hope you won't mind me putting it here! Here is a freshly buzz cut Josh on TFI Friday way back in May 2000!

I'm not good with these forums and it doesn't look like the link is working but if you search Josh Jackson TFI Friday on YT you should find it!

Thanks for watching!

Clare

Last edited by JJH85; 02-09-2019 at 07:00 PM Reason: Link not working
clare1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread