Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2018, 07:44 AM
  #151
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,437
Saw this on Josh's twitter.

Talked to @VancityJax about his new Broadway play, whether this particular show is the 'Bowser in Mario 64' of acting, how he feels about Dawson's Creek now, and the dangers of fame. It was grand. Check it -
Joshua Jackson on his Broadway debut in Children of a Lesser God | CBC Radio

Took me a while to find a way to listen, but I have finally listened to this and totally recommend it.

I prefer these sort of interviews we have had from him recently, to seeing him on late night shows.
aussiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:51 AM
  #152
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 48,730
I'll listen to that later but I know what you mean. He gets like 5-7 minutes on a Late Night show vs the 20-30 we get on radio or personal interviews.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:01 PM
  #153
Elite Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26,282
Will listen to it tomorrow.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:10 PM
  #154
Loyal Fan
 
maa47's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,157
The April 20 edition of Entertainment Weekly has a full page photo of Josh and an interview with him about the play. My issue arrived in the mail today.
maa47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:45 PM
  #155
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'll listen to that later but I know what you mean. He gets like 5-7 minutes on a Late Night show vs the 20-30 we get on radio or personal interviews.

Josh just seems so much more at ease in these types of interviews. Even on Kelly and Ryan he surprised me because I think he gets very nervous for live tv interviews.

Sadly I don't think many people are going to listen to this interview. He gives great insight into again how layered this role is for him. The way he talks about being Lauren's eyes, was one part of this role I wouldn't have even thought about. There is so much to this role that is happening at once.
aussiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:34 PM
  #156
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 48,730
That CBC Interview was 19 minutes of pure Josh pleasure


Quote:
Originally Posted by maa47 (View Post)
The April 20 edition of Entertainment Weekly has a full page photo of Josh and an interview with him about the play. My issue arrived in the mail today.
I wish I had that copy now. I just got my copy of the DC Reunion today.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:44 PM
  #157
Loyal Fan
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,405
I just listen to it,it was great..he sounds so happy... just hope it plays long enough on broadway I saw an article saying ticket sales weren’t good.. hope it still going at the end of June when I’m planning on going... and when LWS53 is there....
Bianca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:56 AM
  #158
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 48,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca09 (View Post)
I just listen to it,it was great..he sounds so happy... just hope it plays long enough on broadway I saw an article saying ticket sales weren’t good.. hope it still going at the end of June when I’m planning on going... and when LWS53 is there....
I hope so too. I'm not familiar with how Broadway shows work, but I also thought that the over $300Thousand that it brought in so far sounded pretty good but they made it sound like it wasn't.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:45 AM
  #159
Elite Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca09 (View Post)
I just listen to it,it was great..he sounds so happy... just hope it plays long enough on broadway I saw an article saying ticket sales weren’t good.. hope it still going at the end of June when I’m planning on going... and when LWS53 is there....
That is one of my worst fears. Spending thousands of pounds just on air fares and accommodation is a big thing for me and if the play folds before I even get there I won't be happy! Let's just hope people who saw the film are interested enough to go to see the play, and also it gets support from the hearing impaired community. There aren't many accessible entertainments on for the deaf and hard of hearing so I hope they support this, if nothing else but to encourage other directors and producers to make all plays more accessible. Having the app to read it on a smart phone is a great idea.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:43 AM
  #160
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 48,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
That is one of my worst fears. Spending thousands of pounds just on air fares and accommodation is a big thing for me and if the play folds before I even get there I won't be happy! Let's just hope people who saw the film are interested enough to go to see the play, and also it gets support from the hearing impaired community. There aren't many accessible entertainments on for the deaf and hard of hearing so I hope they support this, if nothing else but to encourage other directors and producers to make all plays more accessible. Having the app to read it on a smart phone is a great idea.
I'm crossing my fingers that the Play goes through it's original planned run right up til September. I think it will be fine.

The App for the smart phone sounds like a great idea, but then you are looking down at your phone and not at the stage. I think I like the idea of the subtitles (that's not the word they use) above the stage.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:05 PM
  #161
Elite Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26,282
Great interview. I think this sort of interview is best because it is about the interviewee and not the interviewer. So many chat show hosts are the stars of their shows and the guests seem to be secondary.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:59 PM
  #162
Loyal Fan
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,405
My worst fear too LWS53 and JJH85 I was worried I would get the understudy but now if it’s going to be on...hopefully it runs until September
Bianca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:05 AM
  #163
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 48,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca09 (View Post)
My worst fear too LWS53 and JJH85 I was worried I would get the understudy but now if it’s going to be on...hopefully it runs until September
And the only thing that would keep Josh from performing would be an illness and I think he's a pretty healthy guy.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:04 AM
  #164
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 137
https://instagram.com/p/BhnZAt5A1Y0/

I think this is my new favourite picture. And a new article/interview.

Last edited by maria luisa; 04-16-2018 at 10:34 AM
maria luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:40 PM
  #165
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 48,730
I love that pic.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Joshua Jackson Network, Dawsons Creeks Gifs, Pacey & Joey Daily
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.