Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mandy
And the Clooney connection lives on. Crazy.
The Josh/George connection is uber strong! Now, I don't trust Kristin as far as I can throw her (hell, she can't even spell Witter correctly), but if this were true? Yeah, this sporadic viewer would be back in full force. Mmm hmmm, that's right. You know what I'm talkin' about!
Old 04-27-2004, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

And the Clooney connexion still lives on...

*cue to ER theme song*

A french magazine once said that he'd be in an ER episode because an actor playing in it was named Joshua Jackson too. I think he was named Joshua A Jackson or something like this and that created some confusion.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Malha:
<STRONG>And the Clooney connexion still lives on...

*cue to ER theme song*

A french magazine once said that he'd be in an ER episode because an actor playing in it was named Joshua Jackson too. I think he was named Joshua A Jackson or something like this and that created some confusion.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I never heard anything about that before.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:30 AM
Master Fan

Finally! Something new!

Josh is in Ireland. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Josh at Trinity College in Ireland

Apparently he was giving a historic speech to the students. Hopefully, we can find out more later.. enjoy!

:heart:
Old 04-28-2004, 04:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Damnit, why am I not at Trinity? I found these two snippets from the Hist website:

Quote:
Joshua's coming baby
On Tuesday 27th April Joshua Jackson, of Dawson's Creek fame and from such films as Cruel Intentions will be giving a candid interview in the Ed Burke Theatre.
and:

Quote:
Hold on to your knickers... Pacey's coming to The Hist
The Joshua Jackson Interview - Pacey comes to discuss his love for Trinity and Ireland and share the deep emotional trauma and bittersweet heartbreak of life in Dawson’s Creek
Aww. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Hee!

Yeah I was just coming over to share some more stuff I found..
details.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Loyal Fan

thanx a lot Mandy! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
wowwww this white shirt really suits him well [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] lol

oh-my-god!....those eyes!!!! [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] LN
Old 04-28-2004, 08:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yay! A Josh fix! Just when we needed it! Mmm mmm, he sure is looking all kinds of cute.

Thanks, Mandy!
Old 04-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

Finally! Something from ShowBizIreland.com

I was there early this morning and there was nada...not anymore!

Joshua Has a Talk with Trinity Girls...

Hollywood heartthrob and Dawson's Creek regular Joshua Jackson was invited along to talk to Trinity College's Historical Society last night which, by the looks of things, is mainly female!

Joshua Jackson at The Hist

When you hear of a Trinity College Historical Society debate going on - you generally don't picture in your mind's eye hoards of young women clambering over each other to get in...

Well not unless the honourary guest is none other than the hunky actor Joshua Jackson who played Pacey in Dawson's Creek and has starred in such movies as Cruel Intentions, Scream 2 and Urban Legend.

Last night saw Joshua on stage in the Edmund Burke Theatre being interviewed by Ray D'arcy in front of 400 women with another 300 outside trying to get in. Luckily he got away with all of his clothing still intact!

Joshua Jackson and sister Ashley at The Hist

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks to Lady for reminding me about that site! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

Josh was also at Oxford University in England.

Thanks to Trekster at TWOP for posting their account of Josh's Q&A at Oxford University today:

Quote:
Following on from his appearance at Trinity Josh Jackson did indeed speak at The Oxford Union this evening, it was a full house (of pretty much all women). The set up was basically a question and answer session with his younger sister starting things off by asking him a few general questions before passing it over to the audience. The whole thing lasted just under an hour and a half.

Josh was charming and funny throughout wandering around the debating chamber and generally have a chat with those in attendance.

I’ll try and give some of the highlights from his (at times quite frank) answers bearing in mind that I was quite giddy and have a poor memory:

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Josh referred to Katie Holmes as his first true love and received a mighty ‘awww’ from the crowd.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]In reference to the final two seasons he said that once the core writing staff had departed the was a dramatic decline in quality and there was a loss in plausibility (such as why they would all choose to go and live in the same city) and when Kevin Williamson came back for the final episode they went five years ahead to essentially get away from a lot of the mistakes that had been made.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]He was very happy that Pacey got the girl in the end.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]One of Josh’s favourite filming experiences was for the Wal-Mart episode because he got to spend so much time with Katie (again ‘awww’)

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Josh and James Van Der Beek never really saw eye to eye and this was in part to do with Katie but he didn’t go into details but that wasn’t the only reason
Josh said one of his main aims was to make a film that would really be enjoyed by the audience and be truly memorable

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]The discussion turned to politics for a while and Josh spoke passionately about his views of America and world situations (and his hope that John Kerry will be the next President.

Finally, when asked if he would be willing to drop his trousers, following in the footsteps of Matthew Perry, Josh said Matt is “a braver man than I am” and declined

I think that’s about all of the highlights everything else was kind of general I’ll add more if anything comes back to me (or if any of the numerous picture taken turn up online). Hopefully this has been a coherent account of the event [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Yeah, Josh? So good people. :heart:
Old 04-28-2004, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] Wow, thanks for the news and pics. [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img]

Sasha
Old 04-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Just bringing this over from cricci:

Quote:
I can't believe it! I'm still friggin shakin! My best friend was at the oxford union tonight where josh made a speech. I was in Rome and I hadn't been able to make it there, I was in a restaurant, the phone rang, it was my friend's number...I went: Pronto? (Italian for hello), imaging it to be her who would tell me she was heading back home...I heard a very well known masculine voice instead: "Hi Cristina, this is Joshua Jackson from the Oxford Union in Oxford wishing you a happy birthday" We spent a good two minutes on the phone then he told me he had to go back to some party! He was so nice!!! Gosh, my best friend says he was looking gorgeous the whole time he was talking to me!! It's been the best experience ever, after Robbie Williams' Knebworth concert of course!!!
Congrats! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 02:02 AM
Master Fan

Awww... the great Josh news always arrive when I have to be away. Maybe should I be away more often? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

That's a lot of infos arriving at once. So many reasons why I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] him so right now!
Old 04-29-2004, 03:07 AM
New Fan

OMG when I got home last night and saw Mandy's post on JJ.net that Josh was at Holy Trinity I was like, "He never called, he never wrote...what's up with that?" LOL No seriously, the rare occurance that Josh is on our side of the pond and I didn't know and I was so close and yet so far.

Then to see that he was at Oxford Uni Union last night! I work at an English University and when I got into work I was bemoaning my fate that I didn't work at oxford. Damnit.

Great pictures and reports though everyone! Thanks for those!

Angel~D [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img]

[ 04-29-2004: Message edited Angel_Dawning ]
``~~~``~~~``~~~``
Old 04-29-2004, 06:46 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm sorry, a personal birthday phone call from Josh rates second behind a Robbie concert which 125,000 other people attended?!

[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]