Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 04:44 PM
New Fan

I had not seen this interview before. Nice video for One Week fans.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

More quotes about the Play. It looks like it's being very well received.

Maleni Chaitooā€¸*
@MaleniChaitoo
@JoshJacksonWeb Your work in this play was excellent. Quite impressed as Deaf person cuz of ur performance with sign language, James role.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 07-09-2017 at 04:52 PM
Old 07-10-2017, 02:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Later edit: The character, James Leeds, has some similarities to previous Josh roles. There's a glibness and joking manner and the character is shown to be quite intelligent. At the same time, it's not like he's playing some Pacey Peter part, but it's definitely a role that he makes funny and charming. I haven't watched the movie in ages and ages, but I bet it's nothing like William Hurt's performance.
If I remember rightly from seeing the movie years ago, William Hurt was quite serious in the role. I'm so glad Josh is playing it a different way and making the part his own.

Seeing Josh in the Brown Jacket, shirt and tie, its like he was Ben again in One Week.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:31 AM
Extreme Fan

I looked at the comments on the picture from doublels71 and she noted that he didn't come out Saturday to sign etc, because he was too tired from double performance day so I feel better about heading out immediately. But for other people who might see the play, apparently he does do it usually and you can just ask one of the women who works there if he will?

Also; more pics from instagram:

Old 07-10-2017, 04:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
If I remember rightly from seeing the movie years ago, William Hurt was quite serious in the role. I'm so glad Josh is playing it a different way and making the part his own.

Seeing Josh in the Brown Jacket, shirt and tie, its like he was Ben again in One Week.
William Hurt - Altered States - Blair Brown
Blair Brown - Fringe - Josh

William Hurt (movie) - Children of a Lesser God - Josh (stage)

I guess this means Josh needs to do a project with William Hurt now.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I'm going to have to watch the movie "Children of a Lesser God". I've never seen it, so other than the fact that Marlee won an Oscar for it and Josh is doing the Stage Play, I don't know anything else about it.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:47 PM
Extreme Fan

IIRC, the movie is a little grim. Not that the play is stars and happy fireworks, but I seem to remember the movie having less humor. Maybe William Hurt never did anything for me, heh.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
IIRC, the movie is a little grim. Not that the play is stars and happy fireworks, but I seem to remember the movie having less humor. Maybe William Hurt never did anything for me, heh.
Interesting. I wonder if Kenny Leon just wanted to put his own touch to it and used Josh for a bit of humour

Old 07-11-2017, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I think I'm going to have to watch the movie "Children of a Lesser God". I've never seen it, so other than the fact that Marlee won an Oscar for it and Josh is doing the Stage Play, I don't know anything else about it.
Well I loved the movie and both Marlee and William both were great, but I was a big William Hurt fan at the time. Did anyone see Gorky Park? One of William Hurt's best films.

I so want to see Josh in the stage production but it may take some 'organising' to get to NYC next year.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well I loved the movie and both Marlee and William both were great, but I was a big William Hurt fan at the time. Did anyone see Gorky Park? One of William Hurt's best films.

I so want to see Josh in the stage production but it may take some 'organising' to get to NYC next year.
It sounds familiar, but I don't know if I saw it. I suspect if I did I just don't remember it.

I really wish that after a show leaves Broadway, that there was a way for the rest of the World to see the productions. I understand that if they made them easily available, it would cut down on those who would go see it live, but I would still love to see some of them.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:58 AM
Extreme Fan

They are starting to stream the Broadway ones.

I'm such a sucker, I would so go to the Broadway show so I could wait outside for a pic.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

Are there Broadway tickets on sale already? I will have to keep my ear to the ground.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Extreme Fan

The Broadway run isn't even guaranteed yet. We're all just assuming.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The Broadway run isn't even guaranteed yet. We're all just assuming.
That is true. Last we heard from Kenny Leon, he said they don't have a venue yet, but the Play was slated for Broadway even before it opened at The Berkshire, so I think it will get there.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They are starting to stream the Broadway ones.

I'm such a sucker, I would so go to the Broadway show so I could wait outside for a pic.
Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant that they were selling tickets, but I get it now. You meant that some Broadway productions are being filmed and are available to see.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread