Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2018, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
The arc was for ten weeks and then they were going to look to extend it after that. They changed the description of the character for the new actor that took over. It was different to what Josh was playing.

I don't know how much of this is true, but I heard that Josh wanted to do the GA role as well as the Fringe pilot. However, they couldn't get it to work out with the schedules.
Oh well, we'll never know for sure, but I absolutely love Fringe, so I guess it worked out for the best. Besides Fringe is what made me fall in love with Josh.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Correct.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/exclusiv...ns-greys-8125/

"Cut to present day: The strike is over, Grey's is headed back into production, and Jackson is - yep, you guessed it - no longer available. During the work stoppage, J.J. Abrams hand-picked the actor to headline his new X-Files-esque Fox series Fringe, which is currently in production in Toronto (and will be through mid-March). Although an attempt was made to make the scheduling work, ultimately the logistics proved too daunting."
Old 04-09-2018, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Correct.

Exclusive: Jackson's Grey's Stint Fades to Black - Today's News: Our Take | TV Guide

"Cut to present day: The strike is over, Grey's is headed back into production, and Jackson is - yep, you guessed it - no longer available. During the work stoppage, J.J. Abrams hand-picked the actor to headline his new X-Files-esque Fox series Fringe, which is currently in production in Toronto (and will be through mid-March). Although an attempt was made to make the scheduling work, ultimately the logistics proved too daunting."
Thanks for that, I had never actually read the details, had only heard a bit of the story.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:20 AM
Extreme Fan

And you have to wonder - while he was promoting the Affair, Josh talked a lot about how long a season of network TV is (and Grey's is often 24, not 22) and how tired he was. So Fringe, sadly, was sort of perfect in only lasting 5 seasons so he could do the Affair and be on Broadway.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

I'm just pleased that everything worked out in the end. If Josh wants to do a medical show he should ask Colin to put in a good word for him for a role on Chicago Med.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure what type of show I would like to see Josh in next (if he decides to do another TV show|). I don't know if I would like to see him in a Medical show or a Cop show or something else. He was awesome as a badass FBI guy, so I could easily watch him in that kind of role.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bringing this conversation over from the New Thread in case we want to continue the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
in the past few years, he's seemed a lot more interested in being challenged as an actor rather following hits. He thought COALG would do well and he obviously loved all the work he put into it.

Of course, I just want him in a Marvel movie, lol. Not as a villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I kind of want him in a Big Box Office movie too, but only be cause I want to get as much of him as I can. I don't think he is opposed to those types of movies because he has auditioned for both Batman and Star Trek. He just has to get the right role for him. However, I do prefer him in TV because there are more chances to see him than just one movie to watch. DC and Fringe were perfect to me because we get so much Josh throughout, The Affair is okay, but not nearly enough of him.
Quote:
Also, as he revealed in a recent interview, Chris Pratt's role in Guardians of the Galaxy. I could totally see Josh in that red Starlord jacket!

Quote:
Oh, wow, that breaks my heart. He would have been so good.

Quote:
I would have loved to have seen Josh do that role, but like Josh himself said, they picked the right guy. I do love Chris Pratt in that role. It's nice that Josh isn't shying away from those types of roles though. I can totally see Josh as Indiana Jones. He would be so HOT.

Quote:
Well, there are a lot of new Marvel movies to come, so maybe he'll make one of those. He has the body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I'd like to see Josh in any role as whatever it was he would make it his own! So long as he got the screen-time to do it!
Old 06-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...-oceans-series

Quote:
Joshua Jackson

Of the young actors at the table, Joshua Jackson was probably the one with the most swagger at the moment. (Look at the jewelry in the picture!) Not only was he the star of Dawson's Creek, which was still airing on the WB, but he had finished off the Mighty Ducks trilogy, shedding the kiddie sports image, and was coming into his own as a young adult movie star. After small roles in Urban Legend and Cruel Intentions, he got his own big screen vehicle in 2000 with The Skulls, an enormously entertaining (and ridiculous) thriller inspired by Yale's Skull and Bones society. Clearly, this is a man with post-Skulls bluster. It also starred Paul Walker and was directed by Rob Cohen, who would go on to cast Walker in a little movie called The Fast and The Furious. So, in a cosmic way, Joshua Jackson is responsible for the Fast and Furious movies. Thank him.
This was an interesting line in the article.

Quote:
Holly Marie Combs
Like West, Holly Marie Combs is not listed in screenwriter Ted Griffin's production draft, which is dated May 31, 2001. Instead, it's noted that "one star, indeed, has brought his girlfriend, Katie, also a known actress, to observe." Could this role have been originally flagged for Jackson's Dawson's Creek co-star Katie Holmes? It's hard to say, since Combs, then the star of the WB's Charmed, doesn't get much banter in the scene. With the obvious exception of Julia Roberts, Ocean's Eleven was very much a boys' club.

Last edited by JJH85; 06-09-2018 at 04:27 PM
Old 06-10-2018, 02:19 AM
Extreme Fan

I wonder what Katie's cameo in the new Ocean's 8 movie will be...
Old 06-10-2018, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wonder what Katie's cameo in the new Ocean's 8 movie will be...
I suspect she will be a guest at the Met Ball since that is where the heist is taking place.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's a brief interview with a very young Josh talking about the movie Digger. I've never seen it before.

https://twitter.com/cbc_archives/sta...44138000502786
Old 06-12-2018, 03:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Here's a brief interview with a very young Josh talking about the movie Digger. I've never seen it before.

https://twitter.com/cbc_archives/sta...44138000502786
....starring Oscar winner Olympia Dukakis!
Old 06-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Digger is one movie I haven't been able to find, so have yet to see it. Now after seeing that video, I want to see it even more and I never knew what the storyline was, so that "spoiler" about his character was interesting.

Last edited by JJH85; 06-12-2018 at 04:40 PM
Old 06-13-2018, 03:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Digger is one movie I haven't been able to find, so have yet to see it. Now after seeing that video, I want to see it even more and I never knew what the storyline was, so that "spoiler" about his character was interesting.
Did you see the trailer? It's on Youtube.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Did you see the trailer? It's on Youtube.
I have seen a Trailer for it. Thanks.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread