Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2017, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

Josh Jackson General Movie and Character Discussion #5

What's your Favourite Josh Movie? / What's your Favourite Josh Character?

Which Movie does he Look Best in? / Is there a Movie you Like Talking About Most?

Chances are there is someone who would love to discuss this with you, so let's get chatting about the movies we love and characters that make us swoon.

Perhaps you liked Americano

butt it could be that it was just Chris you liked

Maybe you can't get enough of Jake or it's just that you like a good werewolf movie

There's a chance you only watch Shadows in The Sun because he looks amazing, but still want to talk about the movie.

You could be a Game of Thrones or Walking Dead Fan and find it interesting that all the main characters from Gossip are Hollywood A-Listers today.

It could be all about the Thrill of The Skulls

Or you just saw one of Josh's movies and wanted to share your feelings about it.

OR perhaps one of his stage plays.

Children Of A Lesser God

[I]But you could simply have been a Josh fan since Charlie wooed us all in The Mighty Ducks Trilogy

So join in the conversation and tell us what gets you chatting about a movie or role.

Previous Threads

http://www.fanforum.com/f30/josh-jac...-1-a-63106730/
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/josh-jac...read-63119083/
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/josh-jac...3/index21.html
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/josh-jac...read-63169784/
Old 07-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't know how to manage with the pictures, i copied the address of the picture but I am not sure it will be shown. Anyway it is a picture from Children of a Lesser God appearing now on Facebook on the Berkshire Theatre Group's page. It seems it is a new one.

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...69&oe=59D4DF52

And this is a picture someone took during the play:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWB8wILhaAJ/

Last edited by maria luisa; 07-02-2017 at 12:51 PM Reason: correction
Old 07-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new Thread.

And thanks for the new pics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWB8wILhaAJ/

I love her comment on her Instagram

Quote:
smoypolloiThe one, the only, Josh Jackson nailed it at "Children of a Lesser God" in Stockbridge tonight. Said my mom afterwards: "He's a good actor."

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 07-02-2017 at 06:18 PM
Old 07-03-2017, 01:57 AM
Elite Fan

Just posting on the old thread when I noticed how far over we had gone so quickly opened this one.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:15 AM
Loyal Fan

AGAIN?!
So Joshua Jackson's bare ass can be seen again in the play, just like in the previous play 'Smart People'.

Quote:
nina‏
@nestorcarbs

i saw joshua jackson's bare ass in person tonight and that's really something i never thought i would be able to say

https://twitter.com/nestorcarbs/stat...56452681760768

Sandy K. you're going to be a very lucky lady in a couple weeks!
Old 07-03-2017, 06:15 AM
Extreme Fan

WHOA. How awesome!

I saw the movie which has some nudity but no one else mentioned butts in this performance!!!

I really think Josh should continue to choose work that involves his bare butt or lower half - The Affair, Smart People, The Affair, now this play. If only he'd dropped trousers in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I should have posted that Tweet a couple of days ago when I first saw it. Sorry about that.

Here's another Review https://dailygazette.com/article/201...f-a-lesser-god

Quote:
As to why this play is seldom seen is open to debate, but one of the reasons might be its casting demands. The two leading roles are quite challenging with the role of James being quite a daunting one to perform, Not only must the actor create a sensitive and caring man struggling from his own emotional wounds, he must do that while performing the role, signing the role and translating the responses from his castmate. Happily Jackson offers a winningly solid performance. Stocked with an unimpeachable truthfulness that never cloys or drifts to cliché, Jackson is outstanding.
Quote:
And in the play’s closing moments, Ridloff allows Sarah’s final monologue to land with a beautiful balance of emotion, want and wish. All the scenes between Jackson and Ridloff are electric and crackle with fire. But as good as both of these actors are there is a small, crucial piece missing. The spark of initial contact, that brief moment, that instant of initial infatuation and mutual want between James and Sarah has, rather ironically, been muted. This visceral misstep allows the passion to appear proleptic, faded even as it is performed. The fire between the two is technically there, but it burns inorganic and at times, too controlled.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's a nice pic of Josh from YEARS, but I don't think it ever made it to the Board.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWDf5UXl...a_jackson_inst

Old 07-04-2017, 05:54 AM
Extreme Fan

I really really hope all these positive reviews are making Broadway even more possible.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I really really hope all these positive reviews are making Broadway even more possible.
Can't wait for your review.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No pics allowed during the Play, but this fan took a chance.

Another Review, I didn't really find it a review as such, but more of an article describing the Play and it's characters.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/201...JOJ/story.html

EDIT

This is the 1st paragraph from an article about another Play which I got from one of my Twitter Friends; however, the link wouldn't work, so can only post the text.

Quote:
CHESTER — With the possible exception of Joshua Jackson's James and Lauren Ridloff's Sarah in Berkshire Theatre Group's production of "Children of a Lesser God," there is no more winning and appealing a couple on an area stage right now than Lilli Hokama's Caroline and Paul Pontrelli's Anthony in director Kristen van Ginhoven's poignant, smart and richly feeling production of Lauren Gunderson's "I and You" at Chester Theatre Company

Last edited by JJH85; 07-04-2017 at 07:36 PM
Old 07-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Extreme Fan

The link for the Boston Globe isn't working for me. I read the review last night, it was more about the weakness of Medoff's play, yes, but it was also super positive about Josh and Lauren Ridloff.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

The link for the Boston Globe isn't working for me either. Thanks for the brief synopsis Sandy K. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time next week when you visit the Berkshire theatre and Stockbridge. Are you going to look around the area while you are there or is it just a brief visit?
Old 07-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Extreme Fan

I fly all day Friday (as in two days from now) and then see the play on Saturday, have another day of relaxing (and going to see Spider-man), and then fly home all day on Monday. I spent a lot on the BnB so I am really looking forward to my custom breakfasts and ice creams socials and huge soaking tub, heh.

This link for the Boston Globe worked for me and now it doesn't. But here are some excerpts so we have them in the thread.

Quote:
Directed by Kenny Leon, “Children of a Lesser God’’ stars Joshua Jackson, of “Dawson’s Creek’’ once upon a time and now of Showtime’s “The Affair,’’ along with someone you’ve probably never heard of, the remarkable Lauren Ridloff. The production is reportedly aiming for Broadway.

No one can accuse Jackson of coasting through an easy stage gig during his TV hiatus. Shorn of the beard he wears to play ultra-serious Cole Lockhart on “The Affair,’’ the actor is indefatigable in shouldering the multiple demands of portraying therapist James Leeds.

Jackson is onstage virtually every minute, because the play, which begins in the mid-1990s, unfolds in James’s mind as he flashes back to his days working at a state school for the deaf in the 1970s. It was there that he met and fell in love with Sarah Norman, a rebellious dropout working at the school as a maid. Sarah, portrayed by Ridloff, is so determined to live on her own terms that she defies James’s efforts to get her to try to speak, even after they are married.

The real revelation of this production is Ridloff, a former Miss Deaf America and sign-language model. Director Leon originally hired her as his ASL teacher while preparing for “Children of a Lesser God.’’ After noticing “how the world looked at her’’ when their lessons took place in public, he has said, he decided to cast Ridloff opposite Jackson.

It was an inspired move, because Ridloff has that indefinable-but-invaluable quality known as presence. Her Sarah is a silent storm. Luminous and expressive of face and fingers, Ridloff’s Sarah needs no spoken words to get across her emotions or her point of view. But when Ridloff does speak near the play’s end, in an outpouring by Sarah that amounts to a furious declaration of independence from all the expectations the hearing world has imposed on her, it is shattering.
Quote:
There’s a structural problem built into the play: Jackson’s James doesn’t just speak and sign his own dialogue; he also interprets and verbalizes what Ridloff’s Sarah is signing to him. So, for example, when Sarah signs the words “But you’re pitying me,’’ James says: “But I’m pitying you?’’ In terms of sheer memorization, this is an exceptional feat on Jackson’s part, but when repeated over and over, the effect is to drain momentum.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The link isn't working for me now either, so odd, but thanks for posting the excerpts.

You will have to try to get out and about as Josh was spotted out and about earlier, so you may just run into him.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread