Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2016, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Bringing this over from the News Thread for further discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
I thought it was for the whole season
I can't decide in which episode Josh shined more. The best episodes, for me, are 2.02, 2.07 and 2.09. I would probably nominate him for episode 7 or episode 9 because they had more intense scenes and josh was great in both episodes.
We'll see. I don't want to keep my hopes high.
Here are a couple excerpts from the article.

Quote:
(Networks typically submit performers, but performers/their reps can submit themselves/their clients as well.)
Quote:
(you also have to pay an Emmy submission fee)
My guess is that Showtime submitted The Affair and their four leads as well and they likely did that for every show that they had #SHOemmyFYC events for.

Last edited by JJH85; 06-15-2016 at 02:55 PM
Old 06-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Loyal Fan

2.09 had such mixed reviews, I think it would be a bad idea to submit. Plus it's not as a big ep for Josh like 2.02. It's much more ensemble and Cole feels OTT to me in that one. (and again, mixed reviews, so I think I wasn't the only one.) You see so much of his work in the split between Alison's POV and Cole's.

I agree 2.07 is awesome.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
You see so much of his work in the split between Alison's POV and Cole's.
That is true. We have seen many faces of Cole in episode 2.02, plus the present day scene and his still mysterious expression before the episode ends.
Maybe you are right, episode 2.02 would be the best choice.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
That is true. We have seen many faces of Cole in episode 2.02, plus the present day scene and his still mysterious expression before the episode ends.
Maybe you are right, episode 2.02 would be the best choice.
That episode really made me fall in love with the Affair, all because of JJ's great work. I love the show and the central conceit is fascinating. But it went from like to love with 2.02.

Oscar voters love when men lose and gain weight, maybe Emmy voters will be the same, lol.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Oscar voters love when men lose and gain weight, maybe Emmy voters will be the same, lol.
Who knows..
Old 07-23-2016, 01:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That episode really made me fall in love with the Affair, all because of JJ's great work. I love the show and the central conceit is fascinating. But it went from like to love with 2.02.
Episodes like 2.02 and 2.07 are what the show does best. It sort of disappointed me that towards the end, they steered away from this.

I sometimes think the actors have a better grasp of what their shows does well and should be doing, than the writers/producers at times. Josh mentioned recently that he thought the show does it best in the quiet, smaller moments. Season 1 had a lot of that tone and some of season 2 as well.

Last edited by JJH85; 07-24-2016 at 03:29 PM
Old 07-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

What do you suppose this means? And why does he mention some dates?

Kenny Leon ‏@iamKENNYLEON · Jul 25
If Trump is the question -then SMART PEOPLE' by Lydia Diamond is the answer @kltruecolors Wednesday-Sunday 8 pm until Aug 7 #greattheatre
Old 07-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

I just looked at Kenny Leon's facebook page and he is showing Smart People by his Theatre Company on those dates. Not the Off Broadway cast.

https://www.facebook.com/35233146974...3585427086975/
Old 07-26-2016, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I just looked at Kenny Leon's facebook page and he is showing Smart People by his Theatre Company on those dates. Not the Off Broadway cast.

https://www.facebook.com/35233146974...3585427086975/
Okay, I was wondering if maybe they had filmed it and it was showing somewhere.

Hopes dashed
Old 08-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

The Years of Living Dangerously Trailer featuring Josh et al is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juXzfwvVHZQ&sns=tw
Old 08-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moving this conversation over from the Inescapable Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
If you get the chance Aurora Borealis and Lone Star State Of Mind are really great films with excellent supporting casts.
Quote:
Thanks looking at some of the films he has been in that I haven't seen yet its great to see he has been able to work with a great selection of high quality actors.
I really enjoy both of those movies. Lone Star State of Mind makes me laugh every time I see and Josh is fantastic in it. It is very underrated and it has Matthew Davis in it as well and I love him too.

Although Aurora Borealis is an Indie film, it has a strong cast and a great story. And then there's Josh's scenes with Donald Sutherland, they were great.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Moving this conversation over from the Inescapable Thread

I really enjoy both of those movies. Lone Star State of Mind makes me laugh every time I see and Josh is fantastic in it. It is very underrated and it has Matthew Davis in it as well and I love him too.

Although Aurora Borealis is an Indie film, it has a strong cast and a great story. And then there's Josh's scenes with Donald Sutherland, they were great.
Gosh I really not sure which one to watch next. I am thinking maybe the Skulls but not sure then. I think maybe Aurora Borealis due to the cast.

I don't know if this is a factor in Josh's decision making when choosing roles but I love to see him starring in so many projects with great ensembles where he can play off great actors and develop as an actor.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatF2207 (View Post)
Gosh I really not sure which one to watch next. I am thinking maybe the Skulls but not sure then. I think maybe Aurora Borealis due to the cast.

I don't know if this is a factor in Josh's decision making when choosing roles but I love to see him starring in so many projects with great ensembles where he can play off great actors and develop as an actor.
The Skulls is also a good one. His co-star in that is the late Paul Walker. I really enjoyed that movie and now that we are talking about it, I just might watch that one tonight.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
The Skulls is also a good one. His co-star in that is the late Paul Walker. I really enjoyed that movie and now that we are talking about it, I just might watch that one tonight.
Cool! I think it will be on my to watch list for tomorrow. After watching some of his more recent work, I am looking forward to seeing a more fresh faced Josh at play
Old 08-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

So I changed my mind. After talking about Pacey, I got an urge to watch some Dawson's Creek, so put in S3. I'm already on the 4th episode. Our cutie Pacey just opened the car door for Joey. He's such a sweetie.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread