Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 06:09 AM
Extreme Fan

No pressure, lol.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
No pressure, lol.
Just tell it like it is, good or bad. No pressure.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Well if it was me I would be pleased to see Josh in the flesh whatever he did, and I am sure that applies to the rest of us! I think I would be pleased if I didn't have a panic attack at the sight of him in the same room as me.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well if it was me I would be pleased to see Josh in the flesh whatever he did, and I am sure that applies to the rest of us! I think I would be pleased if I didn't have a panic attack at the sight of him in the same room as me.
Oh, totally. Also, I have very low standards, I love the Jessica Alba Fantastic Four movie, heh.

But you all have convinced me to try for an autograph or picture. I am bringing my affair s2 dvd set cover because I loved him so much in that season.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so glad you are going to aim for an autograph.

I don't get the Fantastic Four reference though.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:52 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

If I ever get to go next year I would take my Beyond The Fringe book for signing, as Josh wrote the first story in it.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'm so glad you are going to aim for an autograph.

I don't get the Fantastic Four reference though.
It was very very badly reviewed, like critics thought it was awful. I didn't!

"Children of a Lesser God": Looking for the 'I" in "us" | The Berkshire Eagle | Pittsfield Breaking News, Sports, Weather, Traffic

New review! Positive.

Quote:
Children of a Lesser God" — the title is from a line in Alfred Lord Tennyson's "Idylls of the King" — is framed by the looking-back narrative of a speech therapist named James Leeds (an appealing and engaging Joshua Jackson), who unfolds a compelling love story involving himself and a deaf woman named Sarah Norman (a thoroughly enchanting and beguiling Lauren Ridloff in a smashing, heart-rending acting debut).
Quote:
But "Children of a Lesser God" belongs to James and Sarah. Leon's production is at its most compelling and incandescent when it is in the hands of either or both.

Jackson has the lion's share. He is on stage from beginning to end and handles the currents and eddies in James' emotional ride with uncommon skill. His James is irresistibly ingratiating — smart, funny, observant, capable of laughing at himself. He's a resourceful teacher; a man who wants nothing but the best for his students and who sees no reason why he and Sarah cannot build a lasting life together.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Great review!
Old 06-28-2017, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't read that one yet, but here is another link. Maybe it's the same and if it is I apologize. I have to run out, but wanted to post it in case it was different.

How Did Critics Review Children of a Lesser God Starring Joshua Jackson and Lauren Ridloff? | Playbill
Old 06-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I haven't read that one yet, but here is another link. Maybe it's the same and if it is I apologize. I have to run out, but wanted to post it in case it was different.

How Did Critics Review Children of a Lesser God Starring Joshua Jackson and Lauren Ridloff? | Playbill
2 out of 3 ain't bad!
Old 06-28-2017, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is one of the 3 articles with links listed in the Link from my previous post. I like this review the most.

"Children of a Lesser God": Looking for the 'I" in "us" | The Berkshire Eagle | Pittsfield Breaking News, Sports, Weather, Traffic

And this is the second which I think we had posted previously.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
This is one of the 3 articles with links listed in the Link from my previous post. I like this review the most.

And this is the second which I think we had posted previously.

Those two links are the same link and review, but all three are linked in the Playbill article.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:56 PM
Extreme Fan

We've linked or posted parts of all three reviews linked in the Playbill link.

I wonder where the fan accounts are of the new show? He's doing 7 or 8 shows a week.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry about the duplicate link, I guess I didn't pay attention when I pasted the link.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
We've linked or posted parts of all three reviews linked in the Playbill link.

I wonder where the fan accounts are of the new show? He's doing 7 or 8 shows a week.

The few fan accounts I have seen have been attached to Josh's pics on IG in the comments and attached to pics posted of the play or pics with Josh. You have to look in about five different places. There aren't an awful lot but I've seen about eight or nine at this point, and they've all been great responses to the play.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread