Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2017, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

OMG I'm so EXCITED for you. If you are flying across the Country to see Josh, you better not let that shyness get in the way of getting a pic with him. You will REGRET it forever.

I'm truly excited for you.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
Is this the right place to note that OMG I bought a ticket for the play today. For July! There was definitely some "our website is really busy!" going on but lots of tickets were available. I suspect I wasn't the only one picking up tickets to see Josh.

Also, squeeeeeeeeee! I don't know if they do the outside the theater in the Berkshires, but I got tickets for the first show on Saturday, so I doubt there would be anyone coming outside signing anyway. Which, honestly, I'm mostly okay with since I think I would die of shyness before I could ask for a picture or signature.

(and now back to budgeting to be available to afford flying across the country.)
Congrats!!! I couldn't be more jealous! Looking forward to a full report in 4 months!
Old 03-16-2017, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
Congrats!!! I couldn't be more jealous! Looking forward to a full report in 4 months!
Ditto
Old 03-17-2017, 05:27 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm sure I won't be the only one with a report! Well, I hope so. Cause the only times I ever waited somewhere for autographs, I was with friends who were doing it and dragged me along.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I'm sure I won't be the only one with a report! Well, I hope so. Cause the only times I ever waited somewhere for autographs, I was with friends who were doing it and dragged me along.
Josh is pretty good getting to his fans, so give it a try. However I don't know how long it takes for him to get out and maybe waiting isn't your thing, but it's worth a try.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't see a thread for Aurora Borealis but I just watched it for the first time and once again I was truly blown away by Josh's performance. And what a sweet, sad, beautiful story. Ugh, I just loved it beyond words.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I didn't see a thread for Aurora Borealis but I just watched it for the first time and once again I was truly blown away by Josh's performance. And what a sweet, sad, beautiful story. Ugh, I just loved it beyond words.
There was a Thread, but the previous Moderator chose not to create a new Thread for it, but instead opened this Thread to further discuss Josh's projects.

Aurora Borealis was a great Indie film and was a beautiful story. Josh and Donald Sutherland were great together.

So now that you are making your way through Josh's projects, do you find that when you watch him, it's like watching someone different in every role he plays? The reason I ask is because when I watch Josh in his shows/movies, I find him so good that I don't see the actor, but the character. That is the true measure of great acting and Josh has that.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
There was a Thread, but the previous Moderator chose not to create a new Thread for it, but instead opened this Thread to further discuss Josh's projects.

Aurora Borealis was a great Indie film and was a beautiful story. Josh and Donald Sutherland were great together.

So now that you are making your way through Josh's projects, do you find that when you watch him, it's like watching someone different in every role he plays? The reason I ask is because when I watch Josh in his shows/movies, I find him so good that I don't see the actor, but the character. That is the true measure of great acting and Josh has that.
Omg YES. I definitely see a different character in every role be plays. Here are the JJ films I've watched recently:

Aurora Borealis
Shadows in the Sun
The Skulls
Lone Star State of Mind
The Safety of Objects
Ronnie & Julie

My favorite of all was Aurora Borealis. I just really loved both the story and acting performances so much. Josh truly shined in his role, and Donald Sutherland was wonderful. My next fave Josh performance was Lone Star. His hick accent was perfect and I loved his chemistry with Jaime King. Even though Ronnie and Julie was rather cheesy and predictable, I couldnt help but enjoy it...I mean, who doesnt love watching Josh skate or fall into a forbidden romance or Teri Garr for that matter..and I love young Josh! (I wasn't fooled by that fake snow though. Lol) The Skulls, while not my favorite Josh performance, had me at the edge of my seat the entire time. And while I liked the Safety of Objects, Josh's role was really small. (Even in a coma I found myself unable to tear my eyes away.) The only movie I didn't really care for in terms of the story was Shadows in the Sun, but Josh was the most gorgeous here. The slicked back hair, the light scruff, the glasses...I honestly have no words to describe the beauty that was Joshua Jackson in this film.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Omg YES. I definitely see a different character in every role be plays. Here are the JJ films I've watched recently:

Aurora Borealis
Shadows in the Sun
The Skulls
Lone Star State of Mind
The Safety of Objects
Ronnie & Julie

My favorite of all was Aurora Borealis. I just really loved both the story and acting performances so much. Josh truly shined in his role, and Donald Sutherland was wonderful. My next fave Josh performance was Lone Star. His hick accent was perfect and I loved his chemistry with Jaime King. Even though Ronnie and Julie was rather cheesy and predictable, I couldnt help but enjoy it...I mean, who doesnt love watching Josh skate or fall into a forbidden romance or Teri Garr for that matter..and I love young Josh! (I wasn't fooled by that fake snow though. Lol) The Skulls, while not my favorite Josh performance, had me at the edge of my seat the entire time. And while I liked the Safety of Objects, Josh's role was really small. (Even in a coma I found myself unable to tear my eyes away.) The only movie I didn't really care for in terms of the story was Shadows in the Sun, but Josh was the most gorgeous here. The slicked back hair, the light scruff, the glasses...I honestly have no words to describe the beauty that was Joshua Jackson in this film.
You pretty much nailed it with how I feel about the movies except I liked Josh in The Skulls and I did like Shadows in the Sun, but that may be more because of the fact that Josh was in every scene and at beautiful he was in it.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
You pretty much nailed it with how I feel about the movies except I liked Josh in The Skulls and I did like Shadows in the Sun, but that may be more because of the fact that Josh was in every scene and at beautiful he was in it.
That's why I liked Shadows in the Sun. It was simply was the fact Josh was soooo beautiful in it from start to finish.

I watched Americano last night. Another film I really liked! That much have been so much fun to shoot with the bull chasing and parades and gorgeous scenery. Josh knows how to pick good flicks!
Old 03-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Of the ones I've watched (one week, skulls, all the ducks, shutter, cruel intentions, urban legend, safety of objects, battle in seattle), skulls is the one I rewatch and rewatch. It's just silly fun.

Flaminga, you have to watch One Week. Speaking of the camera loving Josh.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

My two favourite Josh films are Shadows in the Sun and Aurora Borealis. I suppose it's because I really loved his co-stars in both movies but I have always loved Donald Sutherland ever since Kelly's Heroes and Giancarlo Giannini is just really great in every thing he does.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I was just curious what everyone's thought are on Bobby. I love that Emilio Estevez asked Josh to be in his film. I'm assuming it's a small role tho since there is such a long cast list on the movie poster.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Once I realized that I was becoming a Josh fan I did the same thing, watching everything I could find with him in it and with each new movie I became a bigger fan and now I'm hooked for life. I've said it before several times, but when Josh does a role, I see the character he is playing and not just Josh in a movie and that to me is what makes a person a great actor. There are some very famous actors out there that can't do that. Josh really is a diamond in the rough and his performances are incredible.

To this day when I watch Fringe or DC or any of his movies I can't see Pacey in Peter or Peter in Duncan, etc. Even though there are some mannerisms that are the same (a Josh thing), he brings something new to every role. So talented.
(example of mannerism: when he plays "nervous" in a scene, he will touch his nose or rub his eye and I think it's so cute)

BTW Congratulations on getting your First
As I watch more and more Josh movies my love for him grows just as it did for you. I've actually always been a fan since the DC days but I never took the time to watch his films. Now that I am, I am so hooked on how great on an actor he is. And for the record, I think his best acting of all is in The Affair. (Watching The Affair recently is what actually made me go back and watch his films and rewatch S1-4 of DC.)
Old 03-18-2017, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was just curious what everyone's thought are on Bobby. I love that Emilio Estevez asked Josh to be in his film. I'm assuming it's a small role tho since there is such a long cast list on the movie poster.
I've only seen Bobby once and although Josh's role might be small, so is everyone else's really. I have tried to find Bobby on DVD in stores, but have yet to buy it from Amazon. I have to get on that so I can watch it again.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread