Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 03:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for that article, seersha.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:58 AM
Banned

Well, there's not much to promote when your character has been in the background all season long.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Supreme Fan

That article came across like a term paper!
Old 05-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

I like the article. Thanks.

The assessment of Peter's role is so right. He is often the (witty & sarcastic) voice of reason who says exactly what the audience is thinking. He and Walter get the best lines....

Quote:
Peter often functions as an ironic chorus to the show’s improbable plots, like Crow T. Robot or Tom Servo from Mystery Science Theater 3000. When Walter announces that he can interrogate corpses within six hours of the time of death, Peter replies: “Right, cuz after six hours, that’s when they’re REALLY dead.” “I sure hope that a gigantic metallic suppository is not the pinnacle of human achievement,” he observes of a device that appears after a mysterious explosion. “Dammit!” Walter shouts at one point; “must you always be such a smartass?”
Old 05-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
Well, there's not much to promote when your character has been in the background all season long.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Another Fringe article/interview. Josh says some good things, mentions Dawson's Creek near the end too (which made me unsure if this should actually go in the news thread, but I'll leave here for now - Mandy you can move it if you think it's appropriate).

Fringe's Joshua Jackson, John Noble and creator JJ Abrams would agree that sometimes life is stranger than fiction
Old 05-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Such a awesome episode. Not much Peter in it (but as Seersha pointed out, his scene w/ his mother was great), but a awesome episode nonetheless. Where do Peter's loyalties lie and what's up with Walternate's contraption? Stay tuned for next week!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Ooh, it's time for another thread!