Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham
Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop
John Noble as Walter Bishop
Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles
Blair Brown as Nina Sharp
Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Next Episode
January 11th - A special Monday episode

They've said that the episode scheduled is the UN-AIRED episode that seems to be outlined in the video above. I wonder if the rumors are true?
Old 12-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Banned

I hope they show promos for this "special" episode. I am checking after each re-run.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

10 Best TV Series of 2009: Ken Tucker's Picks

2. Fringe (FOX)
In its second season, Fringe expanded the parallel universe and maintained its supernatural scare quotient while sustaining the quality. That is, it made the core triangle — Anna Torv's FBI agent Olivia Dunham, John Noble's brilliant but unstable Dr. Walter Bishop, and Joshua Jackson's Peter Bishop (wise-guy caretaker to both, but in different ways) — as nuanced and complex as its Other Side and Pattern mythology. Observers, shape-shifters, and Leonard Nimoy inhabit Fringe's permeable universe(s), but not at the expense of storytelling that makes you protective of its three heroes. For me, Fringe has an added advantage: I can follow most of its sci-fi twists in a way that Lost (as much as I admire the still-transfixing way it's going out) has made impossible for all but the geekiest among us.

Fringe | 10 Best TV Series of 2009: Ken Tucker's Picks | Photo 9 of 16 | EW.com
Old 12-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
I hope they show promos for this "special" episode. I am checking after each re-run.
Looks like it will be the missing episode that never aired:

'Lost' episode of Fringe to air this season

Quote:
A teenage girl is pronounced dead; however, when her mother takes her off of life support so her organs can be donated, the girl wakes up screaming in alphanumeric code. Talk about a rude awakening! The girl can suddenly speak Russian and possesses classified information that only a high-ranking Russian soldier would know.

Meanwhile, Walter (John Noble) finds some old lab videos that may hold the clue to the mystery, while Olivia (Anna Torv) and Peter (Joshua Jackson) investigate the girl's shocking recovery.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Extreme Fan

'Fringe' hot in the U.K. - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety
Old 12-23-2009, 06:09 AM
Extreme Fan

It's good to see that there is still some love out there in the media for Fringe.

The unaired episode they are airing is interesting. I know it's from season 1, but isn't it going to be really jarring seeing Charlie? Especially, when new episodes from season 2 start up again in the same week? It's like the show takes a big step backwards and then a big step forwards again. It's probably only me that thinks that, though.

Still two episodes in the one week, has to be good for promotion.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

I noticed that one of the upcoming episodes will be titled, "Jacksonville". That made me giggle.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Jacksonville, is where Olivia grew up and where the testing on her occurred. Um, funny how they picked that particular name, though.

Seems there is lots of confusion around the special episode they are airing on the 11th. Some are now saying that it will become part of season 2 episodes, so they can cut costs by making one less episode this season. Who knows? Fox hasn't made any announcements with regards to that, so at this stage purely speculation?

They will be finished filming for this season at the beginning of April. So are they factoring in problems with filming during the Winter Olympics, so hence making one less episode? When the seven week stretch was announced, people did the episode count and thought that the last episode of the season aired would have been a double episode to fill the 22 ep quota. If this one on the 11th did become an episode in the second season, then I would think that the last episode would only be an hour finale. Anyway, I guess we will know when the episode airs on the 11th.

They are airing the second season here, so a good surprise.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:18 AM
JoW
Master Fan

Santa brought me Fringe S1 so now I can maybe join in with this thread! Thank you Santa!
Old 12-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm just glad the executives at Fox are taking the time to encourage this show and make sure it keeps its legs as a hit.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

I think that it'll be considered a bonus episode for this season, since it appears to be a *stand alone* that they've done in the past. I don't think they're changing the number of episodes that they're doing this season, are they?

I'm just glad we're getting two Fringe episodes on the same week!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
I'm just glad we're getting two Fringe episodes on the same week!
Oh yeah... I'm MUCH happier about that!!
Old 12-31-2009, 09:25 AM
Loyal Fan

This is a great way to start the New Year!

~Mel

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."
Rita Mae Brown
Old 01-01-2010, 03:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Good news, Time Warner Cable has decided NOT to pull Fox programming per their disputed contract.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for that Conway. I was a bit worried about that, because it could have affected Fringe's ratings, hence chance of renewal.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread