Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles
Kirk Acevedo as Charlie Francis
Mark Valley as John Scott
Blair Brown as Nina Sharp
Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Next Episode
September 2009
Season Two - TBA

It's time to discuss the show's finale and what lies in store for the cast with Season 2!

Looks like Kirk Acevedo has announced that he has been FIRED per his personal Facebook. Apparently, cut backs have effected the cast, too.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:04 AM
Passionate Fan

It's either cutbacks or they simply want to take the show in a new direction (not uncommon for television.) There is a casting call out for a female.

Best wishes to Kirk in his future endevors!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:50 AM
Supreme Fan

That's horrible news. I really liked Charlie and was encouraged that he was being utilized more and that his character would grow into a cornerstone of stability amid all the craziness. (Kirk probably didn't want to move his family to Vancouver...)

He will be missed!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:11 AM
Extreme Fan

According to an insider in the TV industry, they want to introduce a female character that has a personality opposite to Olivia. She will be a recurring role if the character is well liked. So, not a full time character.

There didn't seem to be room on the show for both Charlie and this new character Katherine, apparently. He has heard that they have put out feelers to Alicia Witt. He was trying to get more info on that though.

Seems the cost cutting of the budget seems very high with alot of cuts behind the scenes as well as letting Kirk go. How much are they paying for Lenard Nemoy, I wonder?

This insider seems to think also that they will not survive in the timeslot. I'm wondering if the changes in direction of the show has been influenced by the Thursday timeslot. Having read his blog again, yes this is the case. Still, Kirk was a popular actor and so was his character and I would think you would need all the help you can get. Scratches head, and watches for the fallout from this.

Last edited by aussiechic; 05-21-2009 at 08:53 AM
Old 05-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Passionate Fan

I wonder what the cast's salaries are?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

I can't believe they fired Kirk. Charlie was my favorite character besides the trio. He will be very missed
Behind blue eyes
Avi by jo0ojz@livejournal
Old 05-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
This insider seems to think also that they will not survive in the timeslot.
We should see what happens before we bury the show, don't you think? GA and CSI ratings have been dropping, so we don't know yet if Fringe is the new Thursday must see TV show,

But I am very disappointed that Kirk is leaving, Charlie is one of my favorites on the, I thought it brought alot to the show, especially when it came to his and Olivia's relationship.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Master Fan

TV Guide Magazine | News | Fringe's Kirk Acevedo "Was Not Fired"
Quote:
Fringe's Kirk Acevedo "Was Not Fired"
By Damian Holbrook May 21, 2009 02:29 PM EST

It was the status update that rocked the Fringe-verse: On May 20th, Kirk Acevedo—who plays level-headed Fed Charlie Francis—posted an all-caps bulletin on his Facebook page that read “WELL BOYS AND GIRLS THEY DONE DID YER BOY WRONG! THEY FIRED ME OFF FRINGE, AND I’VE NEVER BEEN FIRED IN MY LIFE!!”

But according to exec producer Jeff Pinkner, “like all things on Fringe, there is more to this story than meets the eye.” In fact Pinkner not only confirms to TV Guide Magazine that Acevedo “was not fired,” he hints that we’ll see more Agent Francis in season 2. Literally.

“We have already seen two of him on the show,” teases Pinkner. “We have already met the second Charlie. He had a scar on his face.” Looks like The Observer wasn’t messing around when he said that there’s more than one of everything.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Myfirstlove, I was only saying what this insider thinks. He is on one of the boards that puts out ratings and seems to have contacts within the industry. There his opinions though, so yes it doesn't mean that he will be right.

I think it will be a really tough timeslot since the show is up against nearly every other stations' no 1 show. To be honest I don't know how it will do and I guess we find out on September 17th.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Great news about Kirk/Charlie!
Behind blue eyes
Avi by jo0ojz@livejournal
Old 05-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

So happy Kirk is still on Fringe

Nadia
Avi Credit: Beth
Old 05-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Well, he's there for maybe an episode or two, but sadly, he won't be back until further notice (meaning, there is a possibility he could be asked to come back).
Old 05-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Plus, he can still be shown in flashbacks.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Supreme Fan

I really think that's a shame. Charlie was a solid, worthy partner for Olivia. Their working relationship was one of mutual trust above all. How many times could Charlie have turned on Olivia with all the crazy goings on? Even when he didn't believe, he still followed orders and all turned out well. As well as things can turn on Fringe!)

Now, the notion of a female counterpart for Olivia really doesn't strike a note of confidence for me. They've already brought in her sister -- for what purpose, we don't know. I see clashing and histrionics in the works between these two. And I think that's creating too much of a distraction now that we're just getting into the meat of the mythology of the show. I'm more than disappointed with this change.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
Well, he's there for maybe an episode or two, but sadly, he won't be back until further notice (meaning, there is a possibility he could be asked to come back).
I'm pretty confused now

Nadia
Avi Credit: Beth
Closed Thread   Post New Thread