Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I love Walter's innuendo's and the little smirk he has when he makes them. As well as looking at the 'snack' of course.
Ditto

Bringing a Fringe conversation over from the Out and About Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanforever (View Post)
Same josh was the only reason for me to watch Fringe
edit: yes not good topic,sorry
Josh is the reason I've rewatched Fringe like 12 times already. And I still can't get enough.

Previous posts from the Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanforever (View Post)
Totally,I never really saw their alchemy on the screen compare to other Josh partners...it's my point of view of course
Response to above
Quote:
I respect your opinion and although I still enjoy watching them, I've never shipped them, so there must be a reason for that. Deep down I probably didn't feel them either, but then I really was all about Peter and totally focused on him and him alone in most scenes

But this is probably a discussion for a different Thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Are you saying that there wasn't much chemistry between Josh and Anna? I admit it wasn't his strongest onscreen relationship, but it was believable for me.
Response to above
Quote:
Totally,I never really saw their alchemy on the screen compare to other Josh partners...look little forced for me it's just my point of view of course

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

I think Anna thought Olivia was so intent on doing her FBI job that relationships were a distraction. Josh accepted the idea of a relationship as it was the accepted thing for a leading man and woman in a TV series. I think it was more the characters than the actors that made the relationship fraught.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think Anna thought Olivia was so intent on doing her FBI job that relationships were a distraction. Josh accepted the idea of a relationship as it was the accepted thing for a leading man and woman in a TV series. I think it was more the characters than the actors that made the relationship fraught.
Deep down though I think Josh was hoping the show wouldn't go in that direction. And I believe the show could have made out just fine without the Polivia relationship, but the fans like a good romance and I'm not going to lie, seeing Josh in an on screen relationship is super hot.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

If there was no romance Peter would never have come back to the blue Universe so the story would have gone in a totally different direction in season 3.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If there was no romance Peter would never have come back to the blue Universe so the story would have gone in a totally different direction in season 3.
That is true, but they may have found a way.

Old 07-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Well the non-romance would have had to start late season 1 or early season 2 as it was pretty much on the cards from Jacksonville and beyond. If Olivia and Peter hadn't got close in the Jacksonville episode she would never have discovered his true identity, as her abilities were emotionally driven.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

Whilst at a concert on Monday night I heard a very familiar song but couldn't place it. A few days later I remembered where I had heard it - it was the song played at the bowling alley when Olivia first met Sam Weiss. I never really noticed at the time who actually sang the song but now I know. It was the evergreen Steve Winwood who first had hits with the Spencer Davis Group in the 60s, Traffic in the 70s, and solo in the 80s.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Whilst at a concert on Monday night I heard a very familiar song but couldn't place it. A few days later I remembered where I had heard it - it was the song played at the bowling alley when Olivia first met Sam Weiss. I never really noticed at the time who actually sang the song but now I know. It was the evergreen Steve Winwood who first had hits with the Spencer Davis Group in the 60s, Traffic in the 70s, and solo in the 80s.
That's cool and funny at the same time.

Hubby and I got back to doing our re-watch. We watched 3 episodes tonight, so we are now into S3.

Old 07-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

I really like the 2nd episode of season 3. The first one is great but it is so sad for Olivia especially when she gets to the theatre and it is ambered. Then when she realises that Massive Dynamic doesn't exist she is so disheartened, you really feel for her.

How Peter and Walter don't notice the difference in Olivia is a bit of a stretch to believe. Walter always noticed when Olivia was not up to par so you would think that he would notice the difference. Peter should too but after everything that has happened to him over the last few weeks he could be excused for not noticing the differences.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

How Peter and Walter don't notice the difference in Olivia is a bit of a stretch to believe. Walter always noticed when Olivia was not up to par so you would think that he would notice the difference. Peter should too but after everything that has happened to him over the last few weeks he could be excused for not noticing the differences.
Yeah, but their guys and one of them is getting lucky, so he's not going to notice it.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:18 AM
Extreme Fan

But we know Olivia's different, and the show specifically highlights those moments - we didn't see her make it work.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
But we know Olivia's different, and the show specifically highlights those moments - we didn't see her make it work.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean here.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:09 AM
Extreme Fan

We saw the times she had to scramble to cover not being Olivia, we rarely saw the times when she was covering perfectly and no one suspected her.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
We saw the times she had to scramble to cover not being Olivia, we rarely saw the times when she was covering perfectly and no one suspected her.
Thanks for clarifying.

TV Shows That Could Exist In The Same Universe

http://www.zimbio.com/TV+Shows+That+...les+and+Fringe

Last edited by JJH85; 07-11-2018 at 05:14 PM
Old 07-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure Rachel and Ella would have noticed something was off, as the other Olivia's mother noticed, and would have said something to Peter, as they seemed to be good friends. I didn't like how they never explained why Rachel wasn't there when the other Olivia arrived, after she was so worried about Olivia giving Ella the necklace, and what it implied. Maybe she took Ella back to Chicago to save her from any heartache in case something had happened to Olivia, but something should have been said to explain their absence.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread