Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That would be annoying. When I have problems, I make sure I copy my text just in case and then I'm able to paste it back in.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Haven't watched any Fringe today - the last episode I half watched while making the tea was the one with the melted brains and Grams. I missed most of it as I was busy with cooking and cat minding. The main problem with that episode was Rachel coming on to Peter - in front of her daughter which isn't a good idea when you are having a trial separation or whatever she was supposed to be having with her husband.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't watched any Fringe because my niece still has my DVDs.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Haven't watched any Fringe today - the last episode I half watched while making the tea was the one with the melted brains and Grams. I missed most of it as I was busy with cooking and cat minding. The main problem with that episode was Rachel coming on to Peter - in front of her daughter which isn't a good idea when you are having a trial separation or whatever she was supposed to be having with her husband.
Rachel was mildly flirting, she didn't give him a lapdance. Ella was four and in shock, still, I doubt she even noticed or understood it that way.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never felt Rachel was coming onto Peter, but she was definitely impressed by him. But then who isn't impressed by him. I think most moms would be pleased to see someone connect with their child.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

I just didn't like Rachel in those episodes, but whatever was going on between her and Peter it seemed to have fizzled out by the later episode when she had her friends round - Two singles together! Maybe she realised that having a relationship with a homeless guy who shared his dad's hotel room wasn't much of a deal after all!
Old 03-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I just didn't like Rachel in those episodes, but whatever was going on between her and Peter it seemed to have fizzled out by the later episode when she had her friends round - Two singles together! Maybe she realised that having a relationship with a homeless guy who shared his dad's hotel room wasn't much of a deal after all!
Or she recognized Olivia's jealousy.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wonder Con 2012:

I think my favorite thing about Peter was that he learned to take responsibility. And he was not a coward. He was afraid sometimes, but considering how many time he risked his life for the people he loved Peter Bishop definitely wasn´t a coward.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Or she recognized Olivia's jealousy.
Well unfortunately we will never know! Just another unexplored possible storyline. . The reason I made the homeless guy comment is that Josh made a similar comment in an interview about whether Rachel would have a relationship with Peter.

Been watching some more season 1 and looked out for hints about upcoming episodes and future events. In the DRJ episode where poor Noah Bean got smothered by his own skin, DRJ said that he couldn't get a cure for his (own) condition in This world! A big hint for the finale. I get the feeling that he was wanting to go to the other Universe so William Bell could fix him, not to kill William at all. (Which he apparently did in season 4). I wonder if the shape-shifter cure helped DRJ too!

In Inner Child a lot of references were made to the next episode ie. the talk about the girl's tattoo being of a Griffin - part bird part lion, even Rachel saying she had created a monster (when joking about Ella) and Peter talking about something being as easy as making an omelette, to which Walter replied that a good omelette was not easy to make at all. Referencing the opening lab sequence in the next episode.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Whilst watching the Midnight episode I noticed a funny Walterism - The bodies had just been delivered to the lab and Walter offered the stretcher bearers a Peek Frean, which they accepted, and then began examining one of the bodies which had just been delivered. It was lying face down on the gerney and Walter got distracted by something and put his half eaten cookie on the body while he attended to something else, then picked the cookie up and continued to eat it! yum yum.

Now I've finished season 1 re-watch will start on season 2 shortly.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I started watching S1 again today and got through the first 3 discs so far. Hubby came home from work and started watching with me. We still laugh at stuff. I pointed out an Observer that he did see in one episode and I spotted one of the Butterfly glyphs in the background in a different episode. He didn't see that one either.

This was on Twitter. Fringe fans are dedicated to the point that a glance at a pic gets noticed four years after the show ends And of course I consider us part of that fandom

Last edited by JJH85; 03-12-2017 at 06:52 PM
Old 03-13-2017, 05:05 AM
Extreme Fan

It's funny, it seems like some people on tumblr are always lamenting the fringe fandom being dead but it doesn't feel like that here at all.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nor is it dead on Twitter

Last edited by JJH85; 03-13-2017 at 02:32 PM
Old 03-13-2017, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

I was watching 'Fracture' and looked out for the Observer all the way through in the background, then remembered that he is on at the end looking at pics of Walter or Walternate.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still haven't been able to focus enough to actually look in the background for Observers, glyphs and easter eggs or hints of the next episode. Peter is still just way too distracting.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread