Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2017, 07:00 AM
  #151
Master Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 24,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
I'm on 5x04. This season is completely different. What am I watching exactly? I mean, Peter is completely clean shaven....no fuzz at all!
Take heart - it does come back.

I was just thinking of the differences and similarities of the people in the two Universes - quite a few similar things happened to both sets of characters, one being Charlie/Scarlie being infected with arachnids and Charlie getting impregnated by the hybrid monster. I thought of another one but have forgotten it for the moment. Can anyone else think of other similarities?

Something that always bothered me - Olivia and other characters having seizures or medical treatment after crossing over, but their Olivia getting back and starting work the very next day!
LWS53 is offline  
Old 04-29-2017, 08:38 AM
  #152
Loyal Fan
 
flaminga's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,427
I have a really really dumb question. I just finished watching the series and absolutely loved the finale in particular. But why exactly did somebody need to go with Michael into the future?
flaminga is offline  
Old 04-29-2017, 11:20 AM
  #153
Master Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 24,773
I think it was to explain who he was and why they shouldn't go down the Observer path without emotions. Walter being a scientist could explain it best - as he by now had his full faculties but a better personality because of Michael.
LWS53 is offline  
Old 04-29-2017, 02:11 PM
  #154
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 45,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Take heart - it does come back.

I was just thinking of the differences and similarities of the people in the two Universes - quite a few similar things happened to both sets of characters, one being Charlie/Scarlie being infected with arachnids and Charlie getting impregnated by the hybrid monster. I thought of another one but have forgotten it for the moment. Can anyone else think of other similarities?

Something that always bothered me - Olivia and other characters having seizures or medical treatment after crossing over, but their Olivia getting back and starting work the very next day!
It is a bit fuzzy, but this is how I see it.


AFFECTED

David Robert Jones was transported out of the German Prison, but was transported across his own world and not just over to the other side, so that affected him.

The other Cortexiphan people had talents of their own which was directly related to their testing as a child, but crossing over was not part of that which set their own talents out of whack, whereas it was for Olivia.

William Bell crossed over several times to the point that he couldn't cross back over which is why he was still on the other side.



NOT AFFECTED

Walter crossed over to the other side using that device, but was not affected probably because of the type of device.

Redverse has more developed technology, so the way Fauxlivia got back was slightly different than how others transported.

Oliva's thing right from when she was a child was to be able to see into the other universe and cross over, so therefore it did not affect her.

Of course the shapeshifters would not be affected because they were likely built that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
I have a really really dumb question. I just finished watching the series and absolutely loved the finale in particular. But why exactly did somebody need to go with Michael into the future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I think it was to explain who he was and why they shouldn't go down the Observer path without emotions. Walter being a scientist could explain it best - as he by now had his full faculties but a better personality because of Michael.
Not to mention that Michael doesn't speak, so they would have to guess everything about him and may not even realize he was from a different time.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds

Last edited by JJH85; 04-29-2017 at 02:29 PM
JJH85 is offline  
Old 04-30-2017, 06:48 AM
  #155
Master Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 24,773
When Peter was taken back by his father he was asleep for 3 days and had all sorts of drips and things to help him adjust - the same for Walternate when he crossed from his Universe. Also when Red verse Olivia wanted to come back she was told how dangerous it was, and all the experiments Walternate did on Olivia with the tank and drugs shows that their way of crossing was not as safe as he would have liked. Perhaps it would have been a little more believable if Red Olivia had taken a few days to adjust instead of going right back to work.

Of course there is no other Universe really, so they can make up anything they want to justify the story!
LWS53 is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 05:46 PM
  #156
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 45,113
Hey, where have we seen this guy before?

__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 06:04 PM
  #157
Master Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 24,773
Is it Markham? He looks so different from his character.
LWS53 is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 06:30 PM
  #158
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 45,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Is it Markham? He looks so different from his character.
He's all dressed up and at the Twin Peaks Premiere tonight.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline  
Old 05-20-2017, 03:12 PM
  #159
Master Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 24,773
I've just been watching Night Of Desirable Objects (Molerat baby episode) and noticed the writing on one of the Freight train carriages. It referred to Garland, Bolger and Lahr Industries - 3 of the actors from The Wizard Of Oz - that's the first time I have noticed that even though I have seen the episode loads of times. The Scarecrow is in the foreground to depict the other actor involved.

LWS53 is offline  
Old 05-20-2017, 05:34 PM
  #160
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 45,113
That is sooooooo cool. Hubby and I were talking just this week about how many times The Wizard of Oz is referenced in Fringe, but I never saw this. When watching this scene, I was too focused on the CN logo on the side of the Train, because it is the logo for Canadian National Railway and I love anything Canadian when it's featured on TV or in movies.

*************************************

Just watched this video tonight don't recall if I had seen it before and YouTube didn't show that I had watched it, so I feel like I've never seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6j6wonmEGY
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline  
Old 05-21-2017, 02:08 PM
  #161
Master Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 24,773
The fact that this carriage was on the train means that it must have been put there for the Fringe episode. I wonder how much it cost the production company to get that placement there.

A lot of thought and money went into the small background details. I remember an interview with one of the production team about how much it cost for a load of airline wreckage in the episode where porcupine man brought down the plane. I think it was 50 or 60 thousand dollars. Also when making a model of the twin who was stuck in amber, the detail that went into the making of it was really precise. Every hair on his head and face were put there by hand.
LWS53 is offline  
Old 05-21-2017, 02:16 PM
  #162
Master Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 24,773
I have seen that vid before but it was great to see it again.
LWS53 is offline  
Old 05-21-2017, 06:29 PM
  #163
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 45,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
The fact that this carriage was on the train means that it must have been put there for the Fringe episode. I wonder how much it cost the production company to get that placement there.

A lot of thought and money went into the small background details. I remember an interview with one of the production team about how much it cost for a load of airline wreckage in the episode where porcupine man brought down the plane. I think it was 50 or 60 thousand dollars. Also when making a model of the twin who was stuck in amber, the detail that went into the making of it was really precise. Every hair on his head and face were put there by hand.
I wonder if it was computer generated onto the side of the train. It makes sense to do it that way.

The attention to detail they put into making Fringe is one of the reasons it makes it so great. Love everything about Fringe.

My sister told me today that she was watch Bones on Netflix and one of the characters admitted to being a sci-fi geek and then said "I even watch Fringe". I love that Fringe was referenced in another TV show.

******************************************



__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds

Last edited by JJH85; 05-21-2017 at 09:50 PM
JJH85 is offline  
Old 05-22-2017, 08:27 AM
  #164
Master Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 24,773
I wonder if it was computer generated onto the side of the train.

That would make sense.

I love the Walter Bishop been missing for 5 years caption. I wonder if anything is planned or if it is just a fan piece.
LWS53 is offline  
Old 05-22-2017, 05:24 PM
  #165
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 45,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)

I love the Walter Bishop been missing for 5 years caption. I wonder if anything is planned or if it is just a fan piece.
I suspect it is just a fan piece, but you never know as far as the media, they may put something out there.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Joshua Jackson Network, Dawsons Creeks Gifs, Pacey & Joey Daily
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.