New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2017, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
So I started watching Fringe. I'm 4 episodes in. I'm not fully understanding everything that's happening but I don't care cause Peter. Bishop. Is. Everything.
I think the writers and showrunner were still working out where they were going to take the story in the early episodes, so put quite a lot in and narrowed it down to the direction they eventually took in later episodes. The monsters and mad scientists are fun though!
Old 04-21-2017, 05:27 AM
Loyal Fan

I just finished watching season one. I couldn't sleep yesterday so I spent the whole night watching Fringe instead. The season finale was EPIC. I was totally blown away by the awesomeness of it. 2 big twists - Peter died in 1985 and there's an alternate universe/reality.

My thoughts:

Peter 😭😭😭😭 well now I know why Peter is the one character who doesn't have an alternate...because he died as a child. So there are two Peters? One who died and one who's alive (but perhaps not the real Peter? I don't know yet!) They can take this father-son storyline in so many directions, I can't wait.

Alternate universe - I knew there were alternate universes in the show because that's what Fringe is all about. But at the end we see Olivia look at a newspaper that says Obama has moved into the new White House and she's in one of the twin towers. So I'm guessing in this alternate universe there was a terrorist attack on the White House but not the World Trade Center...at least that's what I'm thinking.

Guys, I'll be honest. Besides the little glimpses we got of Peter and Walter's relationship and their fantastic acting, this season didn't do a whole lot for me because as they were solving their investigations within each ep, I didn't really understand what was going on. But after watching this finale I'm definitely excited to keep going and I like now that there's going to be a more serialized show to watch.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just finished watching season one. I couldn't sleep yesterday so I spent the whole night watching Fringe instead. The season finale was EPIC. I was totally blown away by the awesomeness of it. 2 big twists - Peter died in 1985 and there's an alternate universe/reality.

My thoughts:

Peter well now I know why Peter is the one character who doesn't have an alternate...because he died as a child. So there are two Peters? One who died and one who's alive (but perhaps not the real Peter? I don't know yet!) They can take this father-son storyline in so many directions, I can't wait.

Alternate universe - I knew there were alternate universes in the show because that's what Fringe is all about. But at the end we see Olivia look at a newspaper that says Obama has moved into the new White House and she's in one of the twin towers. So I'm guessing in this alternate universe there was a terrorist attack on the White House but not the World Trade Center...at least that's what I'm thinking.

Guys, I'll be honest. Besides the little glimpses we got of Peter and Walter's relationship and their fantastic acting, this season didn't do a whole lot for me because as they were solving their investigations within each ep, I didn't really understand what was going on. But after watching this finale I'm definitely excited to keep going and I like now that there's going to be a more serialized show to watch.
I'm so glad that you are liking Fringe so far. \Like Lesley said, they were still trying to figure out where to take the story in S1. There are a couple of |Peter backstory moments that kind of got dropped after they put them in. And although you wonder why, it doesn't really take away from the show that much. If you loved the season finale, just wait for the S2E1. That one is going to interesting. They talked a lot about that S1 ending after it aired and how blown away fans were by the whole thing and considering it was only 7 years after 911 when it aired, it was also a very emotional moment to experience. Not that it's not still emotional, but people were still reacting to it all at the time.

I fell in love with Josh by the end of Season 1 and he only gets better, so if nothing else enjoy that.

It's interesting that you mentioned a serialized show, because when a show takes that turn for me, that's when I lose interest. I much prefer shows that are episodic, but Fringe does have that serialized storyline going forward, so that should help.

Last edited by JJH85; 04-21-2017 at 07:06 AM
Old 04-21-2017, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

I loved all of Fringe but having seen it from start to finish (a number of times ) in my opinion season 2 is the best - some of the best episodes and also in the background the big secret of who Peter really is - and where he comes from. Hints and appetisers are given in most episodes, but when the truth is out it really takes off!
Old 04-22-2017, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Ekaterina *πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί
‏*@EkatIvanova Apr 21
My #Fringe collection #AnnaTorv

Old 04-22-2017, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Wow! Someone has a great collection.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

It's an awesome collection, but I don't see Beyond the Fringe.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
It's an awesome collection, but I don't see Beyond the Fringe.
It looks like it's missing. I got my copy as soon as the hard copy was published - I got the online copy when it was released.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

I like the fact that they have autographed stuff. So lucky to have Josh's autograph.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Blair's Birthday was this week as well, but I forgot to post here after posting it on the Fringe Board.

On The Fringe Again‏*@OnTheFringe365 4h
e want to wish #Fringe fan favorite @bexmader a.k.a. "Crazy Eyes", a very Happy Birthday!!!! #DingDingDing #FringeFamily

Old 04-24-2017, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

If I get to see him next year I may take my copy in the hope that I will see him after the show. Knowing my luck his stand in will be there and I won't get to see him.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
If I get to see him next year I may take my copy in the hope that I will see him after the show. Knowing my luck his stand in will be there and I won't get to see him.
Think positive thoughts and definitely take your Beyond The Fringe book just in case.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Another Birthday

Old 04-27-2017, 07:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm on 5x04. This season is completely different. What am I watching exactly? I mean, Peter is completely clean shaven....no fuzz at all!
Old 04-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm on 5x04. This season is completely different. What am I watching exactly? I mean, Peter is completely clean shaven....no fuzz at all!
It certainly is different, but I loved it for different reasons. I missed the scruff too.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread