Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Loyal Fan

done!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

FRINGE: John Noble Unclear On Meaning Of Peter’s Reset

Quote:
“I had a [preliminary] talk with the writers the other day about the reset. I don’t feel confident talking about it at this stage. I don’t have a clear enough idea myself and I’m rather keen to get on to that because I’m going to start filming in about three weeks..

"The reset will be along the lines of what happens if Peter isn’t there. What if Peter hadn’t been the catalyst for so many things, how would they have… that wont last for long, obviously. There’s that element in it, given for example that Peter was Walter’s salvation and the reason for Walter coming good as time went by was because of Peter, how would he go if he didn’t have him? So there’s all sorts of interesting questions.”
To me it sounds like the first few episode we'll be lucky if we see Peter at all. Praying John is right and that aspect won't last long.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seersha (View Post)
FRINGE: John Noble Unclear On Meaning Of Peter’s Reset

To me it sounds like the first few episode we'll be lucky if we see Peter at all. Praying John is right and that aspect won't last long.
I don't think we'll see Peter for a while. They also said at first, that Olivia would make it back quickly, but look how long it took in the end. I expect something similar with Peter. Maybe he'll be back by the eigth episode. Josh could be back earlier, though. Something tells me Olivia will rescue him, after having visions of him for a few seconds on a couple of episodes.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Supreme Fan

I don't think I like the idea of a "reset". Do we need to see a "what if" version of a story that didn't have Peter in the first place, a la "It's a Wonderful Life" with him looking in on what could have been? I mean, we now know him as some kind of saviour. But I want to know if he really finished the job. I want to know if he was ultimately able to heal the rifts between both universes. And I want to know how our team knows they miss him now. If they do go the reset route, they'd better have something amazing in mind.

Also, I expect him to be in each episode in some capacity. You reading this, writers?
Old 07-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten My Love (View Post)
I don't think I like the idea of a "reset". Do we need to see a "what if" version of a story that didn't have Peter in the first place, a la "It's a Wonderful Life" with him looking in on what could have been? I mean, we now know him as some kind of saviour. But I want to know if he really finished the job. I want to know if he was ultimately able to heal the rifts between both universes. And I want to know how our team knows they miss him now. If they do go the reset route, they'd better have something amazing in mind.

Also, I expect him to be in each episode in some capacity. You reading this, writers?
I admit I'm not interested in the reset, either. The writers and actors are so excited, that they're going to explore yet more facets of the characters without Peter, while Peter remains completely unexplored and to my disappointment, they continue with their utter disinterest in him. "How important was Peter in their lives?" Do they really need to go there? Why? If they had bothered developing the character, the answer would be obvious, but they could go from incredibly important to no influence whatsoever and it would be believable. Can you imagine if they planned to do the same with Walter or Olivia? The idea would be laughable.

The alternate universe was already a way to explore the "what ifs". At this point, wishing for quality writing for Peter is hopeless, I'm afraid. Once I accept this, I'll be able to enjoy the show or forget about it without much drama. For now I'm just bitter.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Supreme Fan

With filming starting up in the next two weeks, I'm hoping for a few juicy story leaks. And I sure hope they can do something to pull up in the ratings this year.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Making the male lead "serve his purpose" and "not exist" probably isn't the best way to improve ratings. I may be wrong, but I suspect that the producers miscalculated this one. I may be a "unique" fan (a nice way of saying that I'm peculiar), but the last few minutes of the season finale left me greatly irritated. I didn't invest in three seasons and those main characters to accept a "reset" now. What would life in the Fringe universes be like if Peter hadn't existed? Unless they are able to answer that intellectual conundrum in one episode, I could care less. I want those three main characters (Walter, Peter, Olivia) back, together, pronto!

If Peter/josh is absent and the ratings tank further, I say we do a FOX/WB writing campaign asking for Peter to exist. Might work?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:51 AM
Supreme Fan

The writers know they'd be fools to eliminate Peter for even the shortest length of time. They all know how popular Josh is. No, I expect the reset to be an effort to indeed get the team back together. But what I don't expect is for Peter to not be aware of what he did.

However, I do want to see the fallout effect of Peter's "salvific" work. I knew early on in S3 he would take on that role, with that "halo" only around his head in promo shots.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Comic-Con 2011: 'Fringe' Executive Producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman (Q&A)

Quote:
THR: There will be many questions of “Does Peter exist? Can you tell us?”

Pinkner: We’ll probably be faced with those questions. Our answer will probably be, “Who’s Peter?”
Quote:
THR: What’s ahead for Fringe in Season 4?

Wyman: It’s going to involve a couple of newer themes. We’re just taking you down the road a little further on the journey. You’ll be able to see people from the past and you’ll be able to meet new people throughout the season.
Pinkner: Season 3 was about Walter coming to terms with truly coming to terms with the consequences of the damage that he had done when he broke two universes in order to save his son’s life and recognizing that in order to fix that damage, he may have to sacrifice that son, which was the choice he made in 2026. Peter recognizing that based on the trajectory that his universe was on, the love of his life Olivia was going to die in 2026 and he made the heroic choice to overt that outcome and now all of our characters, we find them in a place where we’re dealing with the consequences.
They're really not giving anything away about Season 4 are they?

More interesting than the article, I think, is reading the comments. I know it's not representative of the entire Fringe fandom, but there are some very uneasy viewers around.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hmmm, it looks like my feelings are greatly shared in the Fringe fandom. Someone should e-mail that link to Askfox on the Fox website... and maybe the WB too.

Last edited by catherineusa; 07-11-2011 at 03:26 PM
Old 07-12-2011, 05:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

SDCC Poster and TVG Cover

Old 07-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Passionate Fan

That picture of Josh on the TV Guide cover is a promo shot from Season 1!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Loyal Fan

I always love Fringe's photo arts. the posters, magazine cover, the wallpaper, etc. they always looks quite cool, which make Josh more attractive to me.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

‘Fringe’ Season 4 Casts Super Secret ‘New Female Character’

Quote:
With production currently underway on the highly-anticipated fourth season of Fox’s cult series Fringe, it has been revealed that Dirty Sexy Money actress Michelle Krusiec has been cast as the ominous ‘New Female Character’.
More at the link...
Old 07-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

S4 Teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCjmBJ5hHDk

ETA: Apparently, I still can't figure out how to embed a video and have lost the ability to add a working link to a post. :\

This is definitely worth watching though, even if you have to copy and paste.

ETA: Wooohooo! Got the link to work. (You'd think it was Monday!)

Last edited by bearlee; 07-15-2011 at 06:23 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread