Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Banned

Seth gabel has been promoted full time regular

Exclusive: Fringe Promotes Seth Gabel to Series Regular! - TVLine - TVLine

I would have been happy if the news wasn't broke right after the whole Peter not existing thing.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes, kind of saw it coming. I haven't really warmed to Lincoln Lee.

It will be interesting to see how it all goes when we start up again. Are they still going to do the back and forward between the universes then?

Last edited by aussiechic; 05-11-2011 at 08:43 PM
Old 05-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

This news makes me happy. I really love Lincoln. Glad we get to keep him. I really want him and Fauxlivia to get together.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm glad to hear about Seth. Lincoln is a great character (both versions) so it'll only add to the show, imo.

Random but how amazing was the scene where Olivia was reunited with Walter? That hug was easily the best there's ever been in Fringe. Adorable, probably my favourite moment of the episode.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Loyal Fan

**Just My Humble Opinion** I think adding Seth Gabel is great for the show and for Josh. From some of the things I've read and heard him say, I don't think he feels the focus should be on a romantic relationship for his character. It should be focused around the disfunctional relationship between Peter and Walter. With the ever so Hot Lincoln Lee , he may be able to take 'that' focus of the story over and allow Josh to follow his passion of delving deeper into his characters relationships with the core members of the cast. JMO
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

I also think it's good news. Just think about that interview, where Josh said the show could go any direction they wanted and specified that the romance was over. I think he meant for his character, not in general. Lincoln could be the perfect love interest for Olivia. It's not realistic to expect her to be single in the new timeline. Whoever Josh is going to play in the show, that would free him from romantic relationships.

The question would be, what role is Peter (or Peter lookalike) going to play? Lab assistant?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Regarding the "romance is over". Josh was answering about the love triangle. Each season is an arc to the story and it finishes at the end of the season.

The romance is over, is because it got played out. It was used to humanise Bolivia and we got to see the ups and downs of the P/O relationship, to the place where they are finally together. They went into the future to show them happily married. It's set in stone.

So, it is for Peter's character because he is with Olivia. However, come season 4, we don't know how it will play out. We could be in another timeline, where Olivia doesn't know Peter. So, the whole relationship between P/O could be completely different.

From what John and Josh said, they both embraced the reason for the triangle. Now that it has played out, where moving on to the next arc.

Reading an interview with the producers, they said the ending we got was planned from the beginning of season 3. It looks like, that when they do the planning for each season, it gets mapped out from beginning to end right at the start.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread