Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden74 (View Post)
I'm pretty new to the JJ obsession, remember? I do remember the whole TC and Oprah incident. How do I get to older threads?

The whole thing fascinates me. I am so sold on Josh and Katie. Even though on some level I know this none of my business, I want to know what happened.
If you go to the OP, you will see the links to previous Threads. Just click on them and read through. Some of the rumour and speculation was interesting.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Watched Ellen today and Awwwww they showed a pic of Josh.

But don't get too excited because this was the pic they showed. Katie Holmes was on Ellen and of course you can't not introduce her without the DC reference.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Loyal Fan

did lots and lots of reading of those old threads. Didn't make it all the way through, but I think I got a good sense of the "issues" around the TC/KH marriage, what happened with JJ/KH, etc.

The only thing that seems certain is there is much the public does not know.

I have struggled with my connection to the connection between Josh and Katie/ Diane and Josh and I see that others have had a similar reaction.

Josh and Katie are lucky to have had their connection. I hope they find a way to keep it.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

I caught the tail end of Katie on Ellen, they were cute tap dancing together. Well, Katie was tap dancing, Ellen was trying.

Quote:
did lots and lots of reading of those old threads. Didn't make it all the way through, but I think I got a good sense of the "issues" around the TC/KH marriage, what happened with JJ/KH, etc.

The only thing that seems certain is there is much the public does not know.

I have struggled with my connection to the connection between Josh and Katie/ Diane and Josh and I see that others have had a similar reaction.

Josh and Katie are lucky to have had their connection. I hope they find a way to keep it.
I don't wish that they ever have a romantic connection again, but I have to admit I do miss this days when they seemed to be best friends and were seen everywhere together. Sad that the TC marriage torpedoed that friendship.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I stopped being a TC fan when he was with Nicole. You could see his controlling personality back then, so I was not overly invested in Katie marrying him other than I expected that it would not last and a little disappointed that a child was going to be hurt by that.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

I actually still enjoy TC movies, Edge of Tomorrow was great.

But as a person, yes I'm with you, he's very unappealing. That was a strange time, the Tomkat years.

And no matter what theory you believe, whether you think it was a contract marriage or a real relationship, I think it's pretty much a fact that Katie was required to cut Josh out of her life. Sad. He seemed sad about it too.

Oh well, it was a long time ago, everyone is fine now.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I actually still enjoy TC movies, Edge of Tomorrow was great.

But as a person, yes I'm with you, he's very unappealing. That was a strange time, the Tomkat years.

And no matter what theory you believe, whether you think it was a contract marriage or a real relationship, I think it's pretty much a fact that Katie was required to cut Josh out of her life. Sad. He seemed sad about it too.

Oh well, it was a long time ago, everyone is fine now.
Pretty revealing. Both TC and Diane seem a bit threatened by their relationship. Somewhere there must be something to be worried about.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

I doubt Diane was ever threatened by Katie. Katie hadn't even been in his life for over a year when he and Diane got together.

There were some stories about Diane bring jealous that Katie called him after she and TC split, but that was just tabloid stuff, I don't believe it. The girl knows Josh is devoted to her.

TC, who knows what the deal was there.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Old 11-25-2014, 07:26 AM
Loyal Fan

What lovely little faces to wake up to!

The top pic-well that is a look of love. No acting required. Wow.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What lovely little faces to wake up to!

The top pic-well that is a look of love. No acting required. Wow.
Too adorable I know. Those pics really belong in the PJo Thread though.

We should try and post a few pics for Michelle to wake up to. You up for that challenge?

Old 11-25-2014, 07:39 AM
Loyal Fan

I need to be up for the challenge! I feel very indebted to you picture posters!

My last day of work before a 5 day leave (you know, that bloody American holiday called Thanksgiving!) I am already sucked into this Board over my morning coffee and am running late!

I promise this weekend will not pass before I post pictures!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I need to be up for the challenge! I feel very indebted to you picture posters!

My last day of work before a 5 day leave (you know, that bloody American holiday called Thanksgiving!) I am already sucked into this Board over my morning coffee and am running late!

I promise this weekend will not pass before I post pictures!
No worries, I got your back. I'll put up some in the PJo Thread.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had shared this with the DC Board from the link that was posted here by Tela (tks for that BTW) so I wanted to post the info here in case folks didn't get a chance to go to the link or don't like to use links.

Classic Quotes by Katie Holmes and Joshua Jackson about their relationship:

"Before the show was even on the air, she asked me out. It was the first time I was ever tracked down by a beautiful woman. Life was good."
- Joshua Jackson

"You're very beautiful, Josh."
- Katie Holmes 2001

"There was this one time I got caught in a rainstorm with somebody, and we were dancing in the street. It was pretty romantic."
- Katie Holmes 1998

"I got along best with Katie Holmes who played Joey, I consider her one of my closest friends."
- Joshua Jackson 2004

"I'm just going to say that I met somebody last year. I fell in love for the first time and it was something so incredible and indescribable that I will always treasure it. He's now one of my best friends. It's weird, it's almost like a real-life Dawson-and-Joey type thing."
- Katie Holmes 1999

"[Josh] makes me laugh. He's really fun to hang out with and he's also very smart. I'm not sure if everybody knows that he is very smart." Update Delete
- Katie Holmes 2004

"Lets just say that I've made it known to that person that my feelings for him went past friendship."
- Katie Holmes

"I will say, in our defence, that it wasn't difficult having a relationship with Katie. Our friendship, romantic or otherwise, is strong and we get along brilliantly, so all that stuff has never been too much of a problem."
- Joshua Jackson

"He's like Pacey. He steals the show. He's got a great sense of humour. He's intelligent."
- Katie Holmes

"Katie [Holmes], at the beginning of Dawson's Creek was so natural - she'd never really worked before, so the words would go in her ear and come out her mouth with no filter and it was beautiful to watch."
- Joshua Jackson 2/11/2007

"We're great friends. We did date. We fell in love. And I love him and now we have a friendship, which is nice."
- Katie Holmes 3/2001

"I haven't heard from [Katie] in a long time now, eighteen months. [...] You know, she's obviously moved off into a different part of her life, so I somehow doubt she's sitting around waiting for my call. I'd like to believe that, but I just don't think it's the case."
- Joshua Jackson 12/2006

"As easy as it is to make jokes about this, at the center of it is a woman that was once a very close friend of mine, so it's difficult for me to find the humor in this. But no, I don't mean extraterrestrial, I mean the married and baby portion."
- Joshua Jackson 12/2006

"I haven't talked to Katie for a year and a half, so I really can't comment on her [now]. When we started she was the sweetest, most innocent - I mean so green you couldn't believe it. When she started she didn't know marks. It was definitely learning experience for her. She just had this light. I mean she made [Dawson's Creek]. If it wasn't for her that show wouldn't have worked."
- Joshua Jackson 10/6/2006

"There can never possibly be enough kissing with Katie Holmes!"
- Joshua Jackson

"You could take her picture in the dark and she'd still look good."
- Joshua Jackson

"I'm more likely to go for a dark-haired man. I don't know, it's my thing. Someone who's intelligent but not showy. Especially in this business. You get so many people who always want attention - and it's so nauseating. It's like, 'Can you be normal?'"
- Katie Holmes

"I've really had more an opportunity to work with Katie which I wasn't given in the first two years, which is incredibly enjoyable, because I think she's really one of the best actresses on the market right now."
- Joshua Jackson

"It was the year anniversary of finishing the show last Sunday and I met up with Katie in London to celebrate."
- Joshua Jackson 2004

"Whenever you have a bad day, just go to Josh's trailer and he makes you feel so much better."
- Katie Holmes

"Josh and I are still really good friends and there's no ambiguity with us. When we shoot kiss scenes, Josh always bites my lips, he tries to destabilize me."
- Katie Holmes 5/4/2001

"I'm pretty fond of the woman in my life, so she is my current dream girl." Update Delete
- Joshua Jackson 1998

"I've personally been happy with the series this year. I've been getting to work with Katie every day, and we get along like a house on fire."
- Joshua Jackson 2/2001

"[If Joshua Jackson and James Van Der Beek got into a fight], I think Josh might win with his wit."
- Katie Holmes

"I was 19 years old and he was 20 years old, so it wasn't easy right away [when we broke up]. But it's another part of growing up. And I'm glad that we work together, and even now we're good friends and we make fun of each other. It's funny because we get on each other's nerves, and we joke about it, and we tell each other."
- Katie Holmes 2001

"Josh and I dated. We're both single now. And everything's nice. It was pleasant. It was wonderful."
- Katie Holmes 7/1999

"It affected every part of our relationship. We were in love. It was a good thing and it's over now. It's water under the bridge, but it's still a cherished part of my life."
- Joshua Jackson 2002

"Oh, God, she's so beautiful. She got prettier from last season. When I was in the first photo shoot, I walked in and was like, 'Holy *****!'" Update Delete
- Joshua Jackson

"Josh and I dated for a while but now we're friends. Yeah, we still get it on for the cameras but we're both actors, doing our jobs."
- Katie Holmes 3/2001

"When you come out of a teenagers series like me, where the only special effect is Joshua Jackson..."
- Katie Holmes 3/2005

"In the beginning, it was breathtaking to watch. She was new at acting and completely unself-conscious. I'm still continually in awe of her."
- Joshua Jackson 2001

"She's gotten more beautiful over the summer. I don't know how. She's going from girl to woman. Wait until you meet her, that's when you fall in love."
- Joshua Jackson 1999

"I've never been jealous when [Josh] had to play a romantic scene, because right before the scene, he would come to me and whisper something sweet in my ear."
- Katie Holmes 1999

"[Katie] is such a great actress that instead of working with her I was just sitting there, enjoying watching this beautiful woman perform."
- Joshua Jackson 8/2001

"It's very rare when I find myself becoming an audience and you lose your place when you are so enraptured of what the other person is doing and you become an audience member. The other person was Katie."
- Joshua Jackson 2/2001

"That's true [that I'm really close to Josh], our relationship lasted during all the first season of Dawson's Creek and part of the second season. We are since really good friends, so Joshua was my first love. I'm not ready to forget him!"
- Katie Holmes 2/2002

"With Katie we, in my opinion, we had this very strong chemistry so when we work together you can really explore that vein and how to express all of those emotions so that you have that skill set so the next time you need it, you can bring that level of emotion into it when you are working with somebody else."
- Joshua Jackson 2001

"But to be honest, the only [cast member] that I've kept in touch with is Josh Jackson. We call each other every week since for a lot of years and I've came to London to applaud him, where he was playing a theatre's piece."
- Katie Holmes 3/2005

"Josh [is my best friend]. He's a good listener and he's helped me deal with this whole new life that I have. He's been in this business for a while. He's fun to be around and I have a lot of respect for him."
- Katie Holmes 1999

"Well, the whole world already knows that I really enjoy working with Katie Holmes. And I think every Dawson's Creek fan knows that this season I had the chance to work with her very often. And I have to admit that I really liked the romantic scenes between her and me."
- Joshua Jackson 2000

"Katie is very clean-cut. The only thing that's changed over the years is maybe she's been to a bar. The wild Katie is still something any parent can be proud of."
- Katie Holmes 2001

"[Josh has] been in the business so long, and he's really helped me. I respect him as a friend and as a professional."
- Katie Holmes 1999

"I would say Josh is - we're going to see a lot of him, a very talented actor and very fun to work with."
- Katie Holmes 1998

"At the time we were two kids going through a break up so the first year after that was a little tricky. Probably, though, it was the healthiest break-up I've ever had because we were forced to be all right with each other for five years after; we couldn't just ignore it and hope it would go away."
- Joshua Jackson 3/2005

"When she stops moving and you look into her eyes, you believe what she is saying."
- Joshua Jackson 2001

"When she spoke, she seemed so sweet and innocent but there was a sparkle in her eyes."
- Joshua Jackson 2001

"She's got that Cindy Crawford look. Wait until you meet her though - that's the capper. That's when you fall in love."
- Joshua Jackson 1999

"At this moment we're just good friends. We have a special bond because we dated, but that's all. Katie has a boyfriend and I would never want to be the reason for a breakup between them. I respect her too much for that." Updat
- Joshua Jackson 2001

"I've really had more an opportunity to work with Katie which I wasn't given in the first two years, which is incredibly enjoyable, because I think she's really one of the best actresses on the market right now. She's really... she's effortless. I mean, there's a grace to her, to her performance... I don't think I can call it a polished grace; she just exudes it. I mean, maybe she does work at it when I'm not watching, but it just comes out of her, and she forces you to bring your best stuff to the table because if you don't, she just completely overpowers you. She... it's surreal."
- Joshua Jackson 2000

"She has 3 years of experience now (of or about), but when we started the show, I'd find myself, not that I have the kind of experience that Michael Douglas has, but, having worked for 8 years before they had at that point, watching each of them, but... especially Katie... she didn't even know how good she was. She didn't know what she was doing, it just came out."
- Joshua Jackson 2000

"I'd find myself in scenes, just watching [Katie], which is a very unusual thing because that's not really what I'm there to be doing. But, she's mind-boggling. She's exactly that, she's a natural talent."
- Joshua Jackson 2000

"In the last couple of years, [Katie's] life has become remote to me. I mean, what do you say about that? I haven't talked to her in however long she's been with Tom Cruise."
- Joshua Jackson 3/5/2009

"We were 19. I'm sure there was a reason [we broke up] at the time."
- Joshua Jackson 3/5/2009

Old 11-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I had shared this with the DC Board from the link that was posted here by Tela (tks for that BTW) so I wanted to post the info here in case folks didn't get a chance to go to the link or don't like to use links.
You are very welcome! Thanks for all the great pictures! They were a sweet couple, and I doubt we'll ever know exactly why they broke-up, or the extent that TC controlled KH's friendship with Josh. They both seem happy and content with their lives now. She is definitely in a much better place.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread