Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I love those J. Crew Ad days. That's when they were still dating and were sooooo adorable together!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Loyal Fan

It's hard to believe they dated and broke up by the time their characters in DC fell in love. The chemistry Pacey and Joey shared was pretty amazing, that must have been hard considering their past. Good for them, it's too bad they're not friends anymore.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:56 AM
New Fan

There was definitely a fairly believable rumor going around that Katie's publicist/manager got in touch with Chris Klein's people, and that third person helped set them up--the reason being that everyone was growing tired of Katie being mopey and bitchy around set every time Josh was dating or flirting with someone else. The producers and everyone wanted to keep Katie happy. She was their real star, and the others knew that. (It makes his comment that things were "tricky" even more revealing.)

Apparently Katie mentioned in passing she thought Chris Klein was cute and they all jumped on the opportunity--both to help fix the tension on the DC set and because at the time Chris was a rising new star who would benefit from the publicity too. Perfect young Hollywood match-making.

One interesting rumor I got from a very reliable source at the time was that the animosity and jealousy Joey Potter exhibited on screen towards the character of Eve in the beginning of season three wasn't really acting--since it's the exact way Katie felt about Brittany Daniel off set. Brittany, of course, was seeing Josh at the time. It was right around then that Chris Klein was brought into the picture.

The consensus seems to be that Katie and Josh might have had an official break-up as boyfriend and girlfriend early on, but likely "revisited" the relationship in the year(s) that followed. Josh always says that it helped that they got to live out that time in their lives while out of the public eye--filming in Wilmington, NC rather than Hollywood and being seen out in LA. I'm sure they got away with a lot we'll never know about.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That might be the same interview where he starts to joke about how some of the things Pacey said to Joey were things he'd said to Katie in real life. I guess there had to be a bit of awkwardness in that instance.
Aww reading this made me think of my contest entry for the one sentence contest being held on youtube. I chose to do my favorite Pacey to Joey line from Dawson's Creek for the Love Category.

Don't know if this is appropriate to post here but here is the link to the 12 sec video I made for that contest:

YouTube - Pacey and Joey ~ One sentence contest ~ Love Category
Old 06-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Extreme Fan

All this stuff happened with Josh and Katie so,so long ago.

I just thought it was great that they were able to remain good friends after.

They always had great things to say about each other. Josh stated after DC ended that he really enjoyed doing the P&J episode trapped in the Walmart with Katie.

Even after DC ended they seemed to catch up whenever they could. Katie even went to see Josh's play, as Ten my Love, said. So, it is a real shame that since she became Tom Cruise's other half, they have no contact at all now. You could tell Josh was abit shocked by it all, at first, when asked about it in interviews. However, now I think he's just over it.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
Josh stated after DC ended that he really enjoyed doing the P&J episode trapped in the Walmart with Katie.
I think it was Kmart but I know what you mean. It's too bad about those two. I think they meant alot to each other back in the day, it's really too bad they can't still be friends atleast.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
All this stuff happened with Josh and Katie so,so long ago.
It was well over a decade ago. Really hard to believe how much time has passed.

Quote:
They always had great things to say about each other. Josh stated after DC ended that he really enjoyed doing the P&J episode trapped in the Walmart with Katie.
They had their own RL mutual admiration society back in the day. It was always such a pleasure to see them interact and joke around in interviews, etc. Really refreshing and made me hope they'd be friends for a long, long time to come.

At least we have good memories of happier times.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Supreme Fan

I think the show was oddly therapeutic for them. It could have been bad after they broke up during S2, then the showrunners would have had to deal with two leads who couldn't stand each other. I think they were really able to work a lot of things out in S3 and 4 that kept them close for years after.

Katie's performances were never better than when she had scenes with Josh. You know, they tried the Dawson route, then Jack. Could not compare to Pacey!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:44 PM
New Fan

I saw a jj interview on Conan just before the last epi aired (I still have the Conan clip) He was asked if he ever had a romance on the set and he said yes he and Katie did. Then he said and I can't tell you how much fun it is to have an actual romance, we broke up and then a year later to have an on screen romance cause there is nothing more fun than to go to work with your exgirlfriend everyday he looks into the camera and said sorry Katie I love ya but it was a little difficult there for a while.
Then he brought: up your reading the scripts and actually saying didn't I say that to her that's not healthy this shouldn't be here and he acts like he is crying.

I do not believe something happen between them in London.
I think the relationship faded into the background after she started dating Tom.
When I started dating my husband we were like that always wanting to be together and when we moved in together it got wose I did't even go to see my family except on holidays. We spent more time at his family's ranch. It continued like that till I'd say about 5 years of marriage. Now I see my family all the time, hang out with other people, and enjoy old hobbies so maybe they will do the same someday.

Last edited by unocer6; 06-14-2010 at 07:53 PM
Old 06-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten My Love (View Post)
Katie's performances were never better than when she had scenes with Josh. You know, they tried the Dawson route, then Jack. Could not compare to Pacey!
ITA. There was just something there in PJo scenes, that wasn't there with any other onscreen love interest. You could tell that she was really having fun and enjoying herself when she was working with Josh.

Not that I could blame her one bit for feeling that way!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten My Love (View Post)
ITA. There was just something there in PJo scenes, that wasn't there with any other onscreen love interest. You could tell that she was really having fun and enjoying herself when she was working with Josh.
Absolutely. This was the main reason I was a PJer--and I was from season 1. Katie and James were not completely devoid of chemistry (like Joey and Eddie or Joey and AJ were). In fact, in the first season I quite enjoyed their friendship. Still, she had a spark with Pacey, the seed of which was planted for me during the snail episode, that was never there with anyone else on the show. And I kind of feel the same way about him. I loved the character of Audrey, but Pacey's relationship with her never did anything for me. Josh and Katie did their best work and popped off the screen best playing opposite each other.

I would add that outside of DC, the only other person I ever thought rivaled Josh in terms of his chemistry with Katie was Timothy Olyphant in the movie Go. (Olyphant, like Josh, is someone who I think would have chemistry with a paper bag.)

---edited to clarify. too many pronouns.

Last edited by magfreak; 06-15-2010 at 10:15 PM
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magfreak (View Post)
I would add that outside of DC, the only other person I ever thought rivaled Josh in terms of his chemistry with Katie was Timothy Olyphant in the movie Go. (Olyphant, like Josh, is someone who I think would have chemistry with a paper bag.)
YES! Sorry, I got excited to see this post, because I have always thought Katie & Tim had phenomenal chemistry in Go. I'm glad someone else saw it, too.

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled Josh & Katie appreciation....
Old 06-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I saw a jj interview on Conan just before the last epi aired (I still have the Conan clip) He was asked if he ever had a romance on the set and he said yes he and Katie did. Then he said and I can't tell you how much fun it is to have an actual romance, we broke up and then a year later to have an on screen romance cause there is nothing more fun than to go to work with your exgirlfriend everyday he looks into the camera and said sorry Katie I love ya but it was a little difficult there for a while
I saw that too. I thought it was honest

I agree we're never going to know what happened. I do know is I saw pics back in March 2005 with KH going to visit JJ in London. Then, it was like a month later, it was Tomkat. Everyone thought KH and TC weren't going to make it, but they are still together

I notice the magazines still bring up JJ sometimes. Just the other week, they claimed TC didn't want to be anywhere near JJ at an awards show. I like that you never hear KH or JJ talking bad about each other

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 06-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
I agree we're never going to know what happened. I do know is I saw pics back in March 2005 with KH going to visit JJ in London. Then, it was like a month later, it was Tomkat.
Katie saw Josh in "A Life in the Theatre" in London on March 25, 2005. TC said his first date with Katie was April 18th. That's about 3 weeks.

We may never know what happened in London, but for Katie to completely cut Josh off within three weeks?... Something happened in London.

I'm sorry. This is still supposed to be an appreciation thread, isn't it? *sigh* Sorry.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
I notice the magazines still bring up JJ sometimes. Just the other week, they claimed TC didn't want to be anywhere near JJ at an awards show. I like that you never hear KH or JJ talking bad about each other
Well, the gossip rags will never miss out on an opportunity to cause a scandal, so I certainly take everything I read with a grain of salt. But, on the Graham Norton show, both Josh and Chris Rock pretty much confirmed that the entire red carpet was cleared out for TomKat's arrival at the National Movie Awards. I'm not saying that it automatically means they did that because of JJ's presence, but it certainly adds fuel to the proverbial fire, if you know what I mean.

Sadly, even if Josh did want to reach out to Katie (not that he can get by the prison guards or anything) he might not do it because he wouldn't want to stir up unnecessary rumors. Kind of like that whole ordeal with him going to see her on broadway a couple years ago. Didn't he say he stayed away because of the false reports that were blown out of control?