Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

First Loves [Katie ♥ Josh] "I fell in love for the first time and it was something so incredible and indescribable ..

Joshua Jackson & Katie Holmes
Appreciation Thread

"What's the most romantic date you've ever been on?
There was this one time I got caught in a rainstorm with somebody, and we were dancing in the street. It was pretty romantic.
Ah yes, but didn't you say in a recent interview, that Joshua Jackson, made you get out of a car and dance in a storm?

Supporters

1. courtneybangelcakes

Famous Quotes

"You could take her picture in the dark and she'd look good." -- Seventeen; Josh Jackson

Josh: Considering for a second that you are going to have to work with me for the rest of the season and I'm sitting here to hear the answer. But don't let that influence you in any way.

Katie: Yes, I do think she made the right choice, I mean, I thought it was a great development between the two characters last year, because when you first met them, they kinda almost hated each other - they were so harsh...

Josh: (in a cute voice) I never hated you.

Katie: (smiling) ...underneath it all, they were starting to fall in love early on. And then last year Pacey was such a good friend (at this point, Josh has stuck the top part of his hand inside his shirt, like between the button holes and is tapping, like the beat of his heart. Katie takes his hand and pulls it down between them, and they actually hold hands for a second, but his shoe is blocking the camera - cause his foot is resting up on his knee. He eventually lets go after about 5 seconds.) and the one that helped her out with the B&B and all of her artistic endeavors and really believed in her. And I think she was finally honest with her feelings. And I think it's a good thing.

Josh: And what did those feelings say?

Katie: Go for Pacey.

Josh: Yeah! Good feelings!

Josh: There's pros and cons to both.
Katie: Yeah, there are, and... I dunno. I mean, I love what I do, so...
Josh: I love what you do, too.
Katie: Yeah?
Josh: Yeah.
Katie: No.
Josh: I really do.
Katie: Thanks.
Josh: You're welcome.
Katie: That's special. So, you know, it's...
Josh: I'm being honest, she's being facetious. That's the story of my life.
Katie: Well, it's works well that way. But if the material's challenging and it's something... a great script or whatever, it's always a pleasure no matter what medium we're in.
Josh: And it's good for young actors to be working. I mean there's so much left for us to learn. Not that you ever finish learning, but at this age... we're getting an experience down here working on Dawson's Creek to go and act every day. And if we're not doing this, even if we were lucky enough to have the future work that we're doing on the side anyhow, that would be three months out of the year, four months out of the year. I mean, this, you really get to go and do a lot and be bad sometimes, and learn and grow without the high pressure situation...
Katie: You've never been bad.
Josh: I'm bad.
Katie: No, you've never been bad.
Josh: No, it's actually that I've never been good, so you just haven't noticed how bad I am. (Katie laughs)

Josh: Well, the way I got it figured so far is that I get one family member every year. So this year, they've decided to add a sister, played by the lovely Sasha Alexander. Which is nice. So now I have a different outlet for my familial roles. But I gotta say, a little upset, and I said this earlier, that they hire all these beautiful people to be my family, which just makes me look like a mutt. (Katie smiles and shakes her head) I mean, it's like ridiculous...
Katie: (sternly) You're very beautiful, Josh.
Josh: On the inside. (Katie throws her hands down like, 'no!' Josh's voice changes, kinda nerdy) I'm like a little butterfly in a chrysalis. You know? The little chrysalis is kinda ugly and... webby, and gross.
Katie: (hitting him, laughing) Stop it.
Josh: But the butterfly inside is beautiful. (shows her the little butterfly in his hands) Beautiful butterfly.
Interviewer: Speaking of being so beautiful, Josh... are you comfortable with your sex symbol status?
Josh: (laughs) Sure. I dunno. (like a pickup line) What are you doing tonight? (the interviewer laughs, and Josh kinda smiles. Katie was looking down and as he says this, she kinda smiles and looks up at him like, "Oh boy". Meanwhile, Gina laughs her ass off.)

Interviewer: Is it true you went out with Joshua Jackson last year?
Katie Holmes: I fell in love for the first time and it was something so incredible and indescribable that I will always treasure it.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Katie: "I've really had more an opportunity to work with Katie which I wasn't given in the first two years, which is incredibly enjoyable, because I think she's really one of the best actresses on the market right now. She's really... she's effortless. I mean, there's a grace to her, to her performance... I don't think I can call it a polished grace; she just exudes it. I mean, maybe she does work at it when I'm not watching, but it just comes out of her, and she forces you to bring your best stuff to the table because if you don't, she just completely overpowers you. She... it's surreal. She has 3 years of experience now (of or about), but when we started the show, I'd find myself, not that I have the kind of experience that Michael Douglas has, but, having worked for 8 years before they had at that point, watching each of them, and Michelle who worked a little bit too, but... especially Katie and James who were just learning as they were going along, to watch Katie... she didn't even know how good she was. She didn't know what she was doing, it just came out. I'd find myself in scenes, just watching, which is a very unusual thing because that's not really what I'm there to be doing. But, she's mind-boggling. She's exactly that, she's a natural talent. So the burden then on her is to maintain and grow, but she starts from a very unleveled playing field, in that she starts so much higher than your average person. I mean, if we all start down here and have to get to learn to this level, she starts at that level, and has the potential to go on infinitely from there

Last year, you dated Joshua Jackson, who plays Dawson's self-deprecating jester, Pacey. Is it hard to work together now that you've broken up?

KH: (Holmes does her best imitation of calm.) No. We're great friends. We did date. We fell in love. And I love him and now we have a friendship, which is nice. (She looks pointedly out the window). So, isn't it pretty out today? (It's raining). -- Mademoiselle

Old 06-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you so much for making this thread. Which picture did you use up there? It's beautiful. I love Katie and Josh together and it makes me feel so sad that they don't even speak anymore, they had such great chemistry.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, thanks for the thread courtneybangelcakes.

Whenever I watch Dawson's Creek, I am always impressed/amazed with the chemistry KH & JJ had It's that chemistry and how comfortable and natural they were around each other (probably partly due to their RL friendship/relationship at the time) that helped make P/J so frekin' awesome. Still, even now.

Last edited by Seersha; 06-11-2010 at 02:46 PM
Old 06-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Supreme Fan

It was their chemistry that kept the show on the air! It would have been agony to watch otherwise 'cause she didn't have it with JVDB.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Without a doubt, it was their chemistry that saved the show. They made the PJo love look so real and natural. It was very special.

It makes me sad that they aren't friends anymore. Their friendship-- as evidenced by all those cute, interview snippets-- was genuine and an enjoyable thing for fans to witness. Perhaps, someday Katie will be allowed to communicate with normal people again and she'll give Josh a call.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Josh certainly has implied that he's open to it. There's simply no access to her anymore, physically, mentally, or emotionally.

I'm sure this is not what this thread was meant to be, but I'll just say it. I believe Katie brought this whole mess on herself after what I believe was an impasse that she and Josh came to in March 2005. Josh was a player in the event, true, but I think he truthfully just couldn't give her what she wanted back then. It broke her heart and she left him for good. It saddened him a great deal too, but she broke away and moved on and out. Sad, because it completely destroyed what they had together after DC ended.

Sorry, this is supposed to be an appreciation thread, isn't it? Next post, I promise!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

It's hard to appreciate them, while ignoring the elephant in the room, you know?

Josh strikes me as the type of person who would never turn his back on a friend. I would like to imagine that if the opportunity ever arose, he'd take her call and rekindle their friendship. DC fans everywhere would rejoice if the FREE KATIE mission was ever successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten My Love (View Post)
I believe Katie brought this whole mess on herself after what I believe was an impasse that she and Josh came to in March 2005. Josh was a player in the event, true, but I think he truthfully just couldn't give her what she wanted back then. It broke her heart and she left him for good. It saddened him a great deal too, but she broke away and moved on and out. Sad, because it completely destroyed what they had together after DC ended.
Um, wow. I know they had met up in March '05, but I didn't know there was an "event" to speak of. Is it inappropriate of me to ask for elaboration on what is believed to have happened between them at that time? My imagination is running pretty wild at the moment.

And why does it kind of warm my (obviously delusional) shipper heart to think that she was so heartbroken over Josh that she decided to join a cult agree to a fake marriage.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
And why does it kind of warm my (obviously delusional) shipper heart to think that she was so heartbroken over Josh that she decided to join a cult agree to a fake marriage.
Aren't you forgetting that Katie dated Chris Klein for a few years? They even dated while Josh and Katie starred on DC so I don't think Katie was that heartbroken.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
Aren't you forgetting that Katie dated Chris Klein for a few years? They even dated while Josh and Katie starred on DC so I don't think Katie was that heartbroken.
I remember hearing that she was so heartbroken that she agreed to go on a blind date with Chris and then just pretty much settled with him. After that . . . well, yes, there is a big elephant in the room on that one.

Ooh, and I cleaned up the OP. It was really hard to read being all centered like that. But, I might make some cute description graphics to spice it up a bit.

Thanks for the thread!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
I remember hearing that she was so heartbroken that she agreed to go on a blind date with Chris and then just pretty much settled with him. After that . . . well, yes, there is a big elephant in the room on that one.

Ooh, and I cleaned up the OP. It was really hard to read being all centered like that. But, I might make some cute description graphics to spice it up a bit.

Thanks for the thread!
Oh, I didn't know that but i doubt Katie's heart was broken enough that her and Josh wouldn't get along or have any "awkwardness" between them. Castaways is a perfect example how great Josh and Katie's relationship is.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't forget about the Chris Klein. And I did qualify my statement by admitting that that I am somewhat delusional.

But seriously, it's all speculation, of course. We'll never really know what's fact and what's fiction as far as these two are concerned. But that doesn't mean that we can't enjoy discussing what we think might be true, or what our opinions are. As long as we aren't claiming that these are the hard facts, I think we are in safe territory.

As for J&K's friendship and working rapport-- true, there wasn't any awkwardness between them, that much is obvious. But, that doesn't mean that Katie wasn't harboring feelings for her dear "friend." Again, just opinion here...
Old 06-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
Oh, I didn't know that but i doubt Katie's heart was broken enough that her and Josh wouldn't get along or have any "awkwardness" between them. Castaways is a perfect example how great Josh and Katie's relationship is.
Oh, I think that there was some awkwardness, but they were able to overcome that, I think. Plus, they spent a lot of Season 3 together than they had in previous seasons.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Taking Mandy's post a bit further...

Josh has pretty much said the first year or so after they broke up was 'tricky,' so I am sure there was some awkwardness originally.

(Actually, were they broken up by the time they started filming season two or did they break up sometime during the filming of season two?)

But he also said that - during an interview that was early 2005, I think - his breakup with Katie was probably the healthiest breakup he'd ever had, simply because they had to be OK with each other since they were working together.

So I think over time they really did develop a wonderful friendship and they always had an affection for each other. I mean, they looked pretty comfy with each other by the time it came to film the P/J romance, especially in season 4.

Last edited by Seersha; 06-11-2010 at 03:02 PM
Old 06-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seersha (View Post)
(Actually, were they broken up by the time they started filming season two or did they break up sometime during the filming of season two?)
I've heard different things, but it seems likely that they were still dating at the very beginning of S2.

Quote:
But he also said that - during an interview that was early 2005, I think - his breakup with Katie was probably the healthiest breakup he'd ever had, simply because they had to be OK with each other since they were working together.
I remember that. And it makes sense. They had to work through the awkwardness or their working environment would have suffered. Although, it probably explains why PJo didn't share much screen time during S2...

That might be the same interview where he starts to joke about how some of the things Pacey said to Joey were things he'd said to Katie in real life. I guess there had to be a bit of awkwardness in that instance.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned

Let's pretty up the thread a little with this fan favorite

Closed Thread   Post New Thread