Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Going back and doing POVs for events past in S1 doesn't seem like a good idea anyway, so I suspect that the POVs from Cole and Helen will begin where the finale left off I am fearful for Cole because he has lost so much and will lose his brother, probably in S2. He may be a man that doesn't show emotion very well, but what he's had to go through is going to have to have some affect and how he deals with all of that is what is making me fearful. I don't expect him to be shown in a good light, but I hope he doesn't get too dark even though I would love to see Josh in a complicated role like that.

I'm still upset over the loss of the Ranch. That was just so wrong. How could the Ranch be worth $30 Million one day and them having an offer, so them losing the Ranch all together. It doesn't make sense, so I wonder if there is more to that than we know.
We only know what Cherry told the family so perhaps she was making up the offers or the Realtor didn't have the full picture. The Ranch may have been worth $30m but The Lockharts didn't own it - the bank or whoever they borrowed on it from owns it.

I still think that Cole will have to deal with his losses, and get professional help with his problems, otherwise he may be in trouble with the law. Bruce Butler is a very rich man and his daughter and grand-daughter being threatened will not sit well with him. If Cole invited them into his home then threatened them it is very different than if they turned up for their daughter, and Noah subsequently threatened and attacked Scotty which caused Cole to appear with the gun. In that scenario he may have been justified in the eyes of the law to threaten Noah with a gun.

Sarah Treem said we will see a different side to Cole and Helen, and so far we have seen Helen be understanding at first and want her husband back so I would think in her case she will be just the opposite. I think she will immerse herself in her business but have to have some sort of communication with Noah because of the children and their joint responsibilities.

I think in Cole's case we have seen him in denial and trying to pretend that everything was alright when their marriage was falling apart, so we will now see him accepting the breakdown of his marriage and him coming to terms with it. I hope they show him moving on and picking up the pieces of his life and not go any further into rage and despair.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
We only know what Cherry told the family so perhaps she was making up the offers or the Realtor didn't have the full picture. The Ranch may have been worth $30m but The Lockharts didn't own it - the bank or whoever they borrowed on it from owns it.
I was thinking the same thing when I was typing my post below.

Quote:
I still think that Cole will have to deal with his losses, and get professional help with his problems, otherwise he may be in trouble with the law. Bruce Butler is a very rich man and his daughter and grand-daughter being threatened will not sit well with him. If Cole invited them into his home then threatened them it is very different than if they turned up for their daughter, and Noah subsequently threatened and attacked Scotty which caused Cole to appear with the gun. In that scenario he may have been justified in the eyes of the law to threaten Noah with a gun.
I'll be curious to see which POV was more accurate for that final S1 scene and I'm hoping it is more Noah than Alison's POV that is right because I don't want Cole to come unravelled.

Quote:
Sarah Treem said we will see a different side to Cole and Helen, and so far we have seen Helen be understanding at first and want her husband back so I would think in her case she will be just the opposite. I think she will immerse herself in her business but have to have some sort of communication with Noah because of the children and their joint responsibilities.

I think in Cole's case we have seen him in denial and trying to pretend that everything was alright when their marriage was falling apart, so we will now see him accepting the breakdown of his marriage and him coming to terms with it. I hope they show him moving on and picking up the pieces of his life and not go any further into rage and despair.
Can't wait for S2.

I hope we get some sensitive Cole.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 01-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'll be curious to see which POV was more accurate for that final S1 scene and I'm hoping it is more Noah than Alison's POV that is right because I don't want Cole to come unravelled.
That is why I was wondering whether they would show another pov for the final scene, as it was so different and could have different connotations depending on what actually happened. I wonder if they thought out the legal implications regarding the gun scene, as it could have major repercussions depending on which pov is the truth.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That is why I was wondering whether they would show another pov for the final scene, as it was so different and could have different connotations depending on what actually happened. I wonder if they thought out the legal implications regarding the gun scene, as it could have major repercussions depending on which pov is the truth.
It's possible we may only get a reference to that final scene as the story does seem to move along quite quickly. I suspect S2 will start a few months after the S1 finale, but that's just a feeling.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's possible we may only get a reference to that final scene as the story does seem to move along quite quickly. I suspect S2 will start a few months after the S1 finale, but that's just a feeling.
I think the story is going to pick up not long after the final scene. I read that somewhere in one of the numerous articles by Sarah Treem, that we posted here. They will have to address the true picture as there was a lot of confusion after the last episode and the show-runner/producers acknowledged this.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think the story is going to pick up not long after the final scene. I read that somewhere in one of the numerous articles by Sarah Treem, that we posted here. They will have to address the true picture as there was a lot of confusion after the last episode and the show-runner/producers acknowledged this.
I don't remember that, but I'm glad they recognize that.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Not enough Cole gorgeousness here. I will have to address this.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm happy to join in on that.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Old 01-23-2015, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 01-23-2015, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Is that first one a Josh one or a Cole one? It looks like it could be a behind the scenes shot, because Cole is all misery and whiskers.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pretty sure it's a behind the scenes pic.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Pretty sure it's a behind the scenes pic.
He looks so different when he is not in character. It just shows what a fine actor he is.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He looks so different when he is not in character. It just shows what a fine actor he is.
That is so true and also how it's hard to see his other characters as anything but the character he is playing.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

How could the Ranch be worth $30 Million one day and them having an offer, so them losing the Ranch all together. It doesn't make sense, so I wonder if there is more to that than we know.
There must be more to that. We only saw something from Alison's POV but how much she actually knew about that given that she spent her time with her job and Noah? What if Cole knows more and he never told her everything?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread