Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Those screen caps and pics are really great. Can't wait for tomorrow when I can watch the episodes 9 and 10. Unless of course the fitter is using his electric screwdriver and sawing up kitchen bits so we can't hear the TV.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

hanging out foe episode 12

Old 12-20-2015, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Lovely pic of Josh and Ruth. I saw eps 9 and ten. I loved the scene where Cole was drinking the moonshine and Alison was having the baby and Cole could hear her cries on the wind! Very atmospheric.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Are they sitting there on the beach where it all went wrong

icon credit: crash landing
Old 12-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

having just seen ep. 12, all I can say is WOW.... brilliant writing, brilliant twists and turns! You go, Sarah Treem!
Old 12-20-2015, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Fringe (View Post)
having just seen ep. 12, all I can say is WOW.... brilliant writing, brilliant twists and turns! You go, Sarah Treem!
Can't wait to see the Finale.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

This episode was half great and half totally disappointing. It was Cole's wedding and his brother's death and writers didn't spend one minute to show us his reaction. Not even in the present/future scenes. Really??
Old 12-21-2015, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
This episode was half great and half totally disappointing. It was Cole's wedding and his brother's death and writers didn't spend one minute to show us his reaction. Not even in the present/future scenes. Really??
Well that's disappointing. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm glad now that |I won't be waiting for that "not" to happen. I was going to try and stay away from the Spoilers last night, but I just couldn't. I now wish I had because I think the "who donit" would have been interesting to see without know the who beforehand. Oh well, I did that to myself.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Well that's disappointing. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm glad now that |I won't be waiting for that "not" to happen. I was going to try and stay away from the Spoilers last night, but I just couldn't. I now wish I had because I think the "who donit" would have been interesting to see without know the who beforehand. Oh well, I did that to myself.
Yeah I stupidly followed the live tweets so found out who killed scotty so was really disappointed when I watched the ep
Old 12-21-2015, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah there wasn't enough Cole, which was totally surprising to me since in a way it was "his" episode. Like I hated that we got Allison's POV of him on his wedding day. Also I figured out that Cole is Josey's father long ago but again disappointing that we only get to see Noah's reaction to finding this out & not Cole's (now I'm wondering if he'll ever even get to know since Alison & Noah are conspiring together to protect themselves). & just when I thought Noah wasn't so bad they go & have him & Alison basically team up to protect her & keep her part in Scotty's death a secret. I hate that Helen probably thinks that she did it alone due to drunk driving & has no clue Scotty was pushed (that certainly explains why she's paying for Noah's lawyer). So in all I enjoyed the twists & turns but individual character wise I was a bit disappointed especially for Cole & Helen who basically both had life altering things happen to them but no POV.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have to say that this was Noah's episode. I enjoyed the episode thanks to him. He definitely redeemed himself, or at least he is trying to do the right thing.
I just hope that they didn't focus on Cole for a reason and S3 will be more about him. He is married with a woman who is the daughter of the Butlers's housekeeper. Things may get very complicated now.
I could see him play a major role, since S3 is supposed to be about "punishment".
At this point i wonder what he was thinking at the courtroom scene in episode 2.02 when he was looking at Alison and Joanie, since he wouldn't know anything about Joanie and who killed Scotty. Unless Oscar told him something and this is why he is working for Cole now?

Last edited by jade86; 12-21-2015 at 11:21 AM
Old 12-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

The episode was okay, if a bit underwhelming. It really hasn't changed all season, Cole is still the least popular/interesting character of the four (for most people - even including me) and has been given the least screen time. It feels like he's making up the numbers so that Helen could have her point of view. It doesn't help that he and Luisa lack chemistry either. I'm disappointed.

I think I may not watch season 3, the show has not really delivered for me, even in terms of showcasing Josh and he's not being given praise in terms of acting credits given to the other three. I just hope that season 3 is better for that but I think I'll just read what everyone else thinks here when it's shown next year and if it's better for his character I may try the show again.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

hey, I know we're all Joshua Jackson fans but really, that episode was genius. What a tangled web, indeed. And, Cole is the only one of the four who seems to have had nothing to do with Scotty's death....

On another note, did anyone notice the different POV in the wedding vows? Noah remembers the usual "til death do us part" but Alison's view shows a much more personal and deep type of vows.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
hey, I know we're all Joshua Jackson fans but really, that episode was genius. What a tangled web, indeed. And, Cole is the only one of the four who seems to have had nothing to do with Scotty's death....

On another note, did anyone notice the different POV in the wedding vows? Noah remembers the usual "til death do us part" but Alison's view shows a much more personal and deep type of vows.
I did notice the different vows and in Noah's POV, Cole was wearing a black shirt and in Allison's |POV he was wearing a white shirt and tie. I can see why Noah's POV would have the traditional vows as he would have no desire to actually listen to the ceremony, so in his mind the vows would be the same ole same ole.

Over all I liked the episode, but I do need to watch it again. I watched the first half before I went shopping and then picked up Allison's POV when |I got home, so I'd like to watch it all together.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
And, Cole is the only one of the four who seems to have had nothing to do with Scotty's death....
Well if you think about Cole's dispute with Scotty, you realize that it all started from that. Scotty was happy because he believed in Cole's promise and the thought of being his business partner was a very good reason for him to keep going to rehab and being clean. But apparently Cole never thought of that possibility, and even worst, it seemed to me that he was trying to get Scotty drunk again because he put his glass of whiskey next to him, right when Scotty was telling Cole that the rehab was working and that he wanted to help him and Alison.
It's unbelievable but that's it. Just watch that scene again....
And when Scotty realized that Cole lied to him, he got sad and the first thing he saw was Cole's glass of whiskey and he drank it.
The tragedy started from that conversation...
If Cole didn't treat Scotty like that, his brother would probably still be alive.
So, i think he is indirectly responsable of his brother's death...

Anyway, i have the feeling that there will be a deep exploration of Cole's connection with his father and maybe his grandfather too, in S3. At thanksgiving, Cherry told Cole that he is not different from his father. Then in ep. 11 we learned that everyone says that Cole looks like his father and even Luisa noticed that (i think she was also about to say that cole looked like his grandfather too), but Cole doesn't see it, and in the same episode Scotty tells Cole that he is always "blind". Not to mention that when Cole saw Scotty breaking the bottle in front of him he probably got scared because he was seeing his father in that moment and maybe that is why Cole pushed Scotty.
Alison, in episode 12, thought that Cole trated Scotty that way because he is still scared of their father's ghost.
I think it's all a foreshadowing for something that may happen to cole in S3. Cole may end up being like his father. Maybe there is more about him that we don't know yet.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread