Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

November 22.. that's two days befpore my birthday. Yay! Now,I realize I'm probably going to have to wait for quite a while before I get to see this film,since I don't live in the US,but still. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

Old 06-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Loyal Fan

MGM! this could mean tons of promos and advertising.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Banned

I read over at the Internet Movie Database that Josh's role will be
Spoiler:

i hope not, however, Michelle only got a few minutes of time in BBM and she got nominated for an Oscar. *Crosses fingers!*
Old 06-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well I think it's true, think about it, how many characters and stories this movie have, the only thing that I hope is that his part be memorable (and not only for us but for all the rest)

I bought my childhood home AND SMASHED IT!!...
...I DESTROYED
the room where my parents had sex
Old 06-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Exactly. This is an ensamble piece, so I wouldn't be surprised if his role is kind of small.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Absolute Fan

Remember what that review said....Josh was good, so for that 10 minutes or whatever he made an impression. That is gonna be something to look forward to.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Exactly

Old 06-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

apparently Emilio Estavez has great respect for Josh and his talent---Josh is apparently making some key connections on his career path.

'when all is said and done---a lot more is 'said' than 'done.'

Judy
Old 07-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

From IMDb.com, reviews from people that caught some screenings in NYC:

Quote:
I just got back from a pre-screening and got to be part of the discussion panel after the film. I liked it, but went into knowing it was a rough cut . . and fortunately I got to speak to Emilio after most of the people left and he explained a lot. My friend and I asked him how he got so many big name actors in the film and he said they all read the script and wanted to be in it. We told him that the beginning of the film needs something more memorable and he said that originally he cut it with the shooting in the beginning of the film and the rest of the film was to be a flashback, but Harvey changed it. Yes I got to meet Harvey Weinstein too . . fun night!

Emilio wanted this film to leave everyone with more than just the memory of RFK being shot, but his ideas and how different the whole might have been had he been president. Also he wanted to touch on how some of the events paralled with events that are happening today.

Hope this answers some questions . . .and yes the editing will be fixed before it's released in November.
Quote:
I just saw the screening last night in NYC. Like "firestarter2020" said, "Bobby" is not a bio of RFK, it's about what RFK meant to America and the Americans.

During the movie, you can hear the original speeches of RFK when he was running for the president of the U.S. in between the stories of the movie. I liked the speeches, because I had the impression that Senator Kennedy tried to give Americans hopes and really tried to help the people.

"Bobby" is like Titanic and Crash rolled in one. Like Crash, it has a lot of stars in the movie, and there are a few independent, unrelated-to-each-other stories. In Titanic, only the ship and the fact that ship sunk is real. In Bobby, only RFK's assassination in a hotel after he won the California primary is real. What the people did in the hotel hours before the assassination is not real.

I'd say William Macy got the most screen time compared to other actors. The rest of the cast has equal screen time, including the two actors who play Mexican busboys at the hotel.

My friend just told me on the phone that RFK's daughter, who owns a brownstone, lives just down the block from my friend in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I very much thought that this movie would be a huge ensemble piece, a la Crash - I think that's the only way they could have gotten some of those really big names to sign on...

Avi by Agnis
Old 07-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Those reviews just get me even more excited for this.

Quote:
During the movie, you can hear the original speeches of RFK when he was running for the president of the U.S. in between the stories of the movie.
That's gonna be awsome. I'm getting chills just thinking about that!!
Quote:
"Bobby" is not a bio of RFK, it's about what RFK meant to America and the Americans.
Oh......this is going to be good!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

I hate to admit it, but I just can't get excited about this film. If JJ were not in it, I would never see it. Naturally, since he is in it, and I want to support all he does, I will see it. I just can't get excited about it. First of all, I do not enjoy these kinds of films. Secondly, I want to see more than 10 minutes of Josh, even if they are the best 10 minutes in cinematic history ! Thank heaven for Aurora. It will save my fall, maybe by then, we will hear of another great project for him. I just have this funny feeling, that JJ is getting ready to do something really great ! We'll hear soon.........
Old 07-06-2006, 08:59 AM
Absolute Fan

That's ok Skeptic. Not everyone is a fan of these types of films. I just so happen to really enjoy them.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm glad to hear your opinion and level of anticipation for Josh's upcoming projects, Skeptic. You'd be surprised how many of us might just feel the same way you do. Can't you feel something big on its way for Josh just out on the horizon? Just right there -- can almost touch it!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh...I'll be touchin in it.....teehee...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread