Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calzo (View Post)
Nah! Hey Janet, I'm thinking when you do finally see it, you may become a fan of the combover. What d'ya think? (It sure changed my mind!)

Ha Ha....You guys thought I was crazy...but I know a good thing when I see it...LOL...LOL

Come on over to the other side Janet...

Just a reminder...

Advi by: Joshuazgirl128
KatieNap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

just saw the movie. I was very happy with Josh's screentime. I even liked his hair. One thing that I thought didn't make sense was why he wasn't hovering over his brother at the end after he got shot. Everyone else was hovering over their loved ones. Also, it's so funny that Shia played his brother. Sometimes, I watch Even Stevens. I notice his character on the show dresses a little like season 4 Pacey with the hawaiian shirts and long t-shirts

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I thought didn't make sense was why he wasn't hovering over his brother at the end after he got shot.
Huh? Josh's character didn't have a brother in the movie. Shia's character wasn't his brother, was he?
Old 12-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Not in the version I saw.

ETA/FYI: "Bobby" is dropping over half its theatres starting tomorrow. It will remain in 804.

Last edited by ScarletGirl; 12-07-2006 at 05:57 PM
ScarletGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm sure that Shia’s character was just one of the young volunteers that Wade (along with Dwayne) was supervising to get out the vote.

She might have gotten confused when Shia's character was lying about how his older brother was lending him the car for the rally.
PJForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I think that hshapppp is confused, there was never a mention of a brother or Shia being said brother.

Well, that's too bad it's dropping its theater presence. That'll be a sign for all of you who haven't seen it to step up and check it out!
Old 12-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh crap..I hope it stays in the one theater I'm going to go to!! But I can't go till holiday vacation...one more week....Hold in there....Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me....
jjobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned

The better question is why didn't Wade see how Dwyane's doing? I really wished it was Wade who saw Dwyane's reaction to the shooting. I mean, we have two campaign managers who are fighting for Kennedy and them finding out that Kennedy was shot. However, I was fine with what Josh had to work with.
JoshandChristinaCursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think Wade was too much in shock himself to really think straight and see how anyone, even Dwayne, was doing.
PJForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Obviously Emilio had an almost unlimited number of choices in working his various characters at the end of the film. Why directors opt for one choice over another is really anyone's guess. I don't think I would have gone exactly the way he did, but since he was the director and didn't ask for my opinion, the movie reflects his vision - we can question it all we like, but in the end it simply comes down to what he wanted to see on the screen.

Avi by Agnis
LVF58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

yes, PJ, that's what I meant. I guess I missed it because I was all surprised when I saw them in the scene and thought they were brothers. Sorry, for the confusion

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Sometimes it's better to see a movie, like Bobby, twice. You can then get over the shock and awe of seeing Josh onscreen, follow the storyline better, catch things you missed the first time round, and relax and appreciate. Then it'll all come together.
Ten My Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Loyal Fan

I would love to see this one again, but with the drop in theaters, I'll probably have to wait for DVD - another one to add to my JJ collection.

~Amy~

Avi credit...me.
calzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm positive I'll see it again once the DVD comes out because my mother, who is not very ambulatory anymore and can no longer go to the movies, is very interested in seeing it.

Avi by Agnis
LVF58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Hmmmm, the movie never did open in my city. It was playing about an hour away, but I figured this theater would eventually pick it up and decided to wait. Now it's not playing at either one. The theater on post is usually a month or so behind in playing new releases, so maybe I'll be able to catch it there. I do want to see it on the big screen.