Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

"Bobby" - Movie News and Discussion #4

Continue with the discussion on "BOBBY" -- which is in theaters now!
Old 12-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Don't know if y'all have heard these interviews w/Joshua

[I][I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
Continue with the discussion on "BOBBY" -- which is in theaters now!
Hello everyone!

Josh and Christian Slater were supposed to be in Seattle on 11/6 for the preview of Bobby and a round of interviews. Christian made it and ended up at the Seahawks Monday Night Football Game. However, Josh flew in late on 11/6 and made the rounds in the morning.

I hope this link works it is his appearance on the Bob Rivers Show on KZOK 102.5 in case the link doesn't work. He is funny and up for anything on the show. There is a photo of Josh on the site as well but I can't seem to copy it to bring it over.

The Bob Rivers Show Audio Player

He also made a stop at Kiss 1061.com for the Jackie and Bender show and it was sad/sweet to hear him talking about Moose (a dog that was in the studio) and how Moose reminded him of Shumba. I hope this link works for you to! Drop down and you will see Josh's name to listen.

KISS1061.COM #1 For All The Hits - Jackie and Bender on KISS 106.1

Jackie and Bender . Mornings . KISS 106.1 -there are pictures and this is what Sammi wrote in her blog about Josh.

[
IOne of our sales girls, Megan, is leaving for Vegas today so she brought in her big dog “Moose”. He’s going to doggy daycare today but decided to hang in studio with us for a little bit. Jackie fed him almost an entire bag of Tostitos. She’s like the fun aunt who feeds you what you want to eat at their house.

Joshua Jackson was in studio this morning promoting “Bobby” which opens later this month. It’s still sort of strange to see Dawson’s Creek’s Pacey talk about real-life events and become passionate about anything but Joey. Lame reference, I know. Josh was a pleasure to have in studio. I was trying to think of a way to describe how it was and “a pleasure” is what I came up with. He’s nice, good-looking, and conversational and was playing with Moose. What more could you want in a guy. Is he single? I forgot to ask. If he is, someone needs to snatch that up!
Anyway, enjoy both of the interviews!

~MPR
Old 12-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
It’s still sort of strange to see Dawson’s Creek’s Pacey talk about real-life events and become passionate about anything but Joey
Funniest thing I have read all day!

I finally got to watch the movie and man, was it good! I really enjoyed Josh, Lindsay, Demi
Spoiler:
Sharon and Freddy.

I have to say, i loved Josh in the movie. I agree, that it wasn't Pacey-like at all. I also enjoyed his rappart with Nick.
Spoiler:

On to the "Big" scene, I was quite surprised to see that
Spoiler:

Hey, that best actor nod was not a fluke at all. Not that it isn't.
JoshandChristinaCursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Watch CNN right now. A few scenes with Josh while they're talking about the movie.
~*Paolo Nutini*~
Aynad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Banned

Do you know what scenes?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Loyal Fan

^ Nop. I haven't seen the movie, but I think it was backstage stuff.
~*Paolo Nutini*~
Aynad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Anyway, enjoy both of the interviews!
Actually, I've had all three of those radio interviews on my site since they aired back in early November -- along with the pictures.

But thanks for the links, MPR. I have it available to download on the site since you can never tell when things will be removed from other places.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

I had a dream last night that Josh was nominated for an Oscar for this movie

I bought my childhood home AND SMASHED IT!!...
...I DESTROYED
the room where my parents had sex
Adrimar_Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved the movie and JOSH in the Movie! Just seeing him further his skills as an actor was wonderful. Josh is an excellent actor
Old 12-03-2006, 06:39 AM
Banned

Katienap, you raised the good point that Josh should have been given more to speak but IMO, just Josh's facial expressions and SPOILERS
Spoiler:
SPOILERS made it up for it. I didn't expect Josh's role to be so important.

Just a little wow moment for me, I was reading this article and Linda Ford actually mentioned a quote that Josh said!

Letters

Quote:
But after reading a quote in The Bee's Sunday Ticket section cover story ("When a Dream Died," Page 24, Nov. 19) about the making of the movie "Bobby," I suddenly understood. The quote was by Joshua Jackson, who plays a Kennedy campaign worker. It was, "I have a deeply righteous political streak, which I feel that every citizen of this nation should have, remembering that the people in (elected) office work for us. We don't work for them."
Conley also possesses an intense, veracious political streak.

Last edited by JoshandChristinaCursed; 12-03-2006 at 08:06 AM
Old 12-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

According to Box Office Mojo, Bobby came in at #12 this weekend with $2,005,000.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Which I find thoroughly disappointing - not just because of Josh, but because I think it is such an important movie with an extremely timely message - I was hoping more people would want to see it, no matter what their political stripes...

Avi by Agnis
LVF58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

How does a movie go from # 6 to #12?
Old 12-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Just a massive drop in box office, I suppose...

Avi by Agnis
LVF58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
How does a movie go from # 6 to #12?
Was it #6 AFTER Thanksgiving weekend? Like during the week? Because it was #9 as of last Sunday.

And, there have been more movies that have come out since then, which will always cause a fluctuation. Going from 9 to 12 with practically no deep, deep promotion isn't that bad. It's doing a lot better than I thought with having a very small budget and not as much promotion.

ETA: Thanks to maa for letting me know that the Rotten Tomatoes website is saying that "BOBBY" will be out on DVD in March 20, 2007.