Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

"Bobby" - Movie News and Discussion #3

The last thread got deleted, so I'm starting fresh and bringing over someone's thread that was started:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlearound (View Post)
I've posted here before. I am posting this thread because I couldn't reply to the "Bobby" thread. I am a big fan of Josh, and I told my grandmother about "Bobby". I agree with the poster a few pages back on the thread about that movie when I saw what she said about how we should not be defined by what political party we belong to. We should all be Americans and not Republicans or Democrats. When the Iraq war was going on, there was a huge backlash against celebrities who spoke out against the war. There were these web sites that compiled lists of all the celebrities for and against the war. The celebrities who were against the war were labeled liberal, as if it were a scarlet letter. One of them was Josh. It worried me not because of his politics, but because I feared people would criticize him. I felt the need to defend him. There was even one time when this web site where they criticized people who, of all things, drank milk, criticized him and his character on Dawson's Creek. Looking back, I wonder if they even equated him with his character on the show, as if to say that he did the same things in real life that Pacey did on the show. Anybody who criticizes Josh for anything doesn't know what they're talking about. My grandmother and I are going to see this movie, she really wants to see it, and I will see it just for Josh. I really hope he does get more work like this. I've aspired to make films myself and I would love to have him in a film of mine if I ever become a major director. He is one of my favorite actors.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'll post this again just incase anyone can help us poor people in Portland..

Well I contacted the Fox Tower in Portland and the manager was very
secretive about the screening...He asked if I knew the password..I told him
if he gave it to me I would tell him it!! Said it was a private screening
through Willamette Week newspaper (maybe)..Called the newspaper and was
told they had no more tickets..was told that radio stations might be
giving them away but they didn't know... Everyone was very odd, very
secretive and slightly put off that I was asking...So unless I want to wait
downtown in the wind and rain tomorrow and try to catch Josh as he's going
in..I think I'm crap out of luck!! Oh well

I'll be ok....I just have to breath.......*****sobs******
Old 11-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Just breathe, it'll be okay.

I wasn't informed that it would be a private screening, so that's all news to me. I think that if it was, I would have been told as such.

Sorry!
Old 11-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

Why was the other thread deleted?
Old 11-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I was just going to come on and ask that. It was only here not long ago.

Are all those lovely pics of the premiere and Charla's account and photos all gone now?
Old 11-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Yes, they are all gone. Until someone posts them again -- they're still around on those accounts. The photos are still at my gallery and the thread was deleted accidently.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Charla, post your picture again, please. The clothes he had on made me wonder if he's not been reading the recent boards...suit vs tshirt (the green tshirt in particular) and chose to pleased us all with his combo.

Lisa
Old 11-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Funny, but when I saw the green t-shirt, I thought about how lovely it might be if it was a wink to all the ladies who loved that shirt over the summer...sort of like wearing the Earl belt might be, also...Probably just Josh's unusual fashion sense, but it's a sweet idea, anyway...

I'm kind of an idiot about these things - how does an entire thread get deleted? You'd think there would be failsafes for this kind of thing...Of course, this is coming from somone who managed to delete a 24 page term paper less than 24 hours before it was due...

Avi by Agnis
Old 11-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
Just breathe, it'll be okay.

I wasn't informed that it would be a private screening, so that's all news to me. I think that if it was, I would have been told as such.

Sorry!
Oh I'm breathing just fine just a bit disappointed I can't go. But oh well, life goes on...a little more uneventful but it shall go on...
Old 11-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Mandy. Hopefully Charla will come back and re post picture and story.

LOL LVF58, you poor thing. What an awful thing to happen. I hope you had another copy somewhere.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Nope, I spent 23 hours attempting to reconstruct it and got it in right under the wire - got an A- on it, too...If I didn't feel like such an idiot and if I wasn't so exhausted, I would have been pretty pleased with myself...

Avi by Agnis
Old 11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
New Fan

I'm sorry if I got too concerned with my initial post. I'm really unsure of myself as I post here. I am planning on seeing the movie along with my grandmother and I am very glad that Josh is in it. I was just wondering what other people might think about my feelings about politics now that this movie is coming out and such.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow LFV58, you did a great job. You should be very proud.

To stay on topic. I wonder if this movie will make any impact. Will it get people thinking? Or will people just push it aside as just a movie.

It will be interesting to see what people's thoughts are, especially the younger generation, who were not around when all this went down.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Loyal Fan

It is an interesting question because, during the 60's, the Kennedys were a galvanizing influence during an extremely turbulent time. My parents, grandparents and my aunt all voted for John for President and my family also voted for Bobby for the Senate. I unfortunately don't remember John very well because I was only 5 when he died, but because Bobby was our senator and I was 10 when he died, he was very much a fixture on our tv set in the mid-60's.

I think even I, as young as I was, saw him as a kind of savior, who would lead the country in a better direction. His death was the death of my own innocence in many ways and if you believe he would have been elected President that November (which I do), almost certainly changed America's direction for the next quarter century.

This country has become so polarized and kids are now so cynical and detached from the whole political process (I think about John Mayer's Waiting on the World to Change when I say that) that I wonder if a film like this will make any difference at all. As much as I would hope that it would be the catalyst for serious political debate, I very much have my doubts.

Avi by Agnis
Old 11-07-2006, 05:04 AM
Master Fan

Due to the crazy rain that Seattle is getting this week, Josh couldn't make it to the Seattle screening last night.

I'm thinking he wouldn't be able to make Portland, either.