Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
Katie - I the movie! This is my third (or is it fourth?) time seeing it, so it's nice to step back and just watch the film, without paying attention to more details this time around.

NY sales did 'Okay' from what I've been told. And I really hope that things will pick up and help this film do well when expanded to other cities. New York had such horrible weather this last weekend, that I can understand why a lot of people couldn't attend (including Josh, himself).

Mandy...Wow!!! I can't wait to see it again!!
I would love to talk turkey about the movie....but alas...we cannot...
not until everyone gets a chance to see it...maybe I should PM you...LOL...LOL

and yes the weather was horrible...Maybe it did better at the Midtown location....
where I was at... in the East village..is smaller in comparison to midtown...
Plus...the feast of San Genaro...was taking place in the village... and it was fashion week also...and that has lots of activities that go along with it...which would take away...from some of the people going...not really a great time to open a movie...I am sure all these factors played into lower numbers than anticipated...
we can only hope that the movie gets held over for a few weeks...for the word of mouth to get out...If it opens anywhere remotely near me...I will be telling the masses...Not many people from my area...venture into the city...I think I could live there...especially in the village...we had ventured into a liquor store to look at all the unique wines...and after a couple of minutes...I realized...it looked familiar...I think it was the one...that Josh and Diane had their picture taken in...just a week or so ago...LOL...LOL......All of us at our showing....promised Mr. Burke...that we would talk it up...and he and the producer are holding us personally responsible for the numbers...and if it will open in more cities...LOL...LOL...it was kind of an ongoing joke that night...sounds like your situation....had a lot more of a chance of getting the word out...and hopefully us
giving our review of how good the movie is...here at your site...will help too!!!
Advi by: Joshuazgirl128
Old 09-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

So, I thought some of you might like to know what somebody who is not a Josh fan thought of seeing the movie (and meeting Josh). My friend Liz went to the screening and Q&A with Mandy, Scarlet & Co. on Monday night. Prior to that, she'd never seen any of Josh's movies or Dawson's Creek. She's seen pictures and icons of him that I post in my LJ (and humors me while I gush about him), and she thought he was hot, but that was the extent of her JJ-based knowledge. In fact, this is part of the conversation we had before she went to the screening:

her: Wish me luck tonight ... I'm sure the movie is good but everyone going
is a huge JJ fangirl and I will probably be a little out of it (yes,
yes, I can obsess with the best of them, I just don't know that much
about him!) But it should be fun.

me: Oh, have fun tonight! I SOOO wish I could be there to see you and the movie and Josh. *sniff* Don't worry about not being a JJ fangirl, just enjoy the movie. If he's there I'm sure you'll be perfectly charmed by him and if you're not sharing the love by the end of the night, you'll at least have an understanding of where it comes from. He really is an adorable, articulate, funny guy.

And now, parts of the e-mail I got from her last night (spoilers have been removed, as well as anything not Josh/AB related, so it might look a bit jumbled LOL):

OK, the boy is hot. Super hot. TALL. SWOON! (and so skinny!) And
I loved loved loved the movie, like seriously it's the best movie I've
seen in ... I don't even know how long (of course I must add I see
nothing, because most movies are such ****). But I just love movies
about PEOPLE and their lives and oh my god, it was wonderful. I
giggled, I (almost) cried and I sat there with my sweatshirt over my
face during the balcony scene (until Mandy took pity on me). And
Westerberg jokes! Yay!

And they all spoke afterwards and everybody was great and yes, it's so
clear he's so smart and quick and articulate.

...he was super
friendly and sweet and absolutely everything...

I'm telling everyone about the movie. So thank you, yay, and
I wish you were here to go see it with us!

Did I mention he's hot? Because SWOON.

And he's a good actor too. Naturally charming, which is pretty rare.
AND DONALD SUTHERLAND AND LOUISE FLETCHER WERE ****ING AWESOME! OH MY
GOD.

I think she feels the love.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Loyal Fan

I think your friend feels the love now, too. How funny. You know, maybe that should be our overriding goal here - turning the entire world on to Joshua Jackson, one person at a time. If we could do that, he'd be king of the world (or at least the box office) in no time at all.

Avi by Agnis
Old 09-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Supreme Fan

I'll say!!

How soon, do you think, before she joins us here? You'll let us know her onscreen name so we'll recognize her, won't you?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

I'll see if Liz feels up to popping in and wanting to join us in our discussions...

(I'm sure you will too, Sam!)
Old 09-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Ditto....to everything Liz...said and felt...about the movie...

Now the meeting Josh part...I really couldn't tell you how HOT!! he is...or
how tall...or....how skinny.... or how articulate....cause...
HE WASN't THERE!!!!

but the producer and director....were Really... HOT!!!

Nahhh..... just kidding....I just wanted to see your reaction........

but they were quite articulate...and spent lots of time with us...
Old 09-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

Just thought I'd share a few tidbits about a screening that happened on Tuesday night, in LaJolla, CA. After the movie ended and Josh arrived for a Q&A, the entire audience gave him a standing ovation when he walked up in the theater. He was completely touched and honored and I just think that's so awesome that he receives praise from audience members like that.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
After the movie ended and Josh arrived for a Q&A, the entire audience gave him a standing ovation when he walked up in the theater.
Heh. He's such a pimp.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by palegreen (View Post)
Heh. He's such a pimp.
Am I missing something? Some kind of sweet LA rhetoric I'm unaware of nor privy to? I don't appreciate the pimp comment. Enlighten me.

Last edited by Ten My Love; 09-21-2006 at 08:58 AM
Old 09-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

It's actually a compliment, Donna.

From the UrbanDictionary.com:

Quote:
pimp

As an adjective: If somethin' is pimpin', it's pretty darn cool. It's probably something "normal" that's tricked out ghettolicious and gawdy.
Basically, you look very ghettofab and blingbling.

However, as a verb
1.) to pimp something out is to *make* it look very ghettofab and all that nifty stuff in the above paragraph.
2.) to pimp is to advertise (generally, in an enthusiastic sense) or to call attention in order to bring acclaim to something; to promote.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Okay, as a professional editor, I had thoughts similar to Donna's. I'm not sure UrbanDictionary.com holds the same weight as say the Merriam-Webster dictionary, at least it doesn't in my field. LOL. Donna, maybe we just needed to be younger to get it (although posting on this site, being a fan of such a hot, young stud does give all of us over 40 types some kind of street cred, doesn't it?)...

Avi by Agnis
Old 09-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

It's really just a youthful compliment. I use it quite often when I'm being silly.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVF58 (View Post)
Okay, as a professional editor, I had thoughts similar to Donna's. I'm not sure UrbanDictionary.com holds the same weight as say the Merriam-Webster dictionary, at least it doesn't in my field. LOL. Donna, maybe we just needed to be younger to get it (although posting on this site, being a fan of such a hot, young stud does give all of us over 40 types some kind of street cred, doesn't it?)...
Bonnie....I like your way of thinking...

even the computor slang has me scratching
my head sometimes....

I'm loving being a fan of Mr. Jackson's....and actively participating around here
I too....have been feeling a little cooler these days...

Ok....maybe it's the fact that it's only 40 degrees here....
Old 09-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's really just a youthful compliment. I use it quite often when I'm being silly.
Exactly. Holy crap, I never knew one little word would offend people so much. Pimp is the new stud these days.

Psssst...it's also Mandy's favorite word ever.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by palegreen
it's also Mandy's favorite word ever.
OT/

Pfftt, that's 'cause I'm such a pimp!