Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 06:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the heads uup on the video. I enjoyed it, however, Josh seems to be a little down. He surely can not see himself as the Duncan of Kitsilano. He also appears almost sad when he mentions working on a tv series and now this is what he wants to do. I don't know, maybe he was just tired or cold or whatever. Josh is usually more upbeat. At least he certainly is now ! Thanks to one lovely blonde !
Old 09-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Great find, Iris!

I've got my work cut out for me with all these clips and splicing them together for download.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Hey Everyone!!!

Well as Mandy reported...Mr. Jackson was... not... in the house!!

The weather yesterday...was short of a damn hurricane in the city...pounding rain..
wind and general dreariness....I had an immediate feeling....that Josh wouldn't make it...The theatre was dead...for all the movies...and the NYC opening for
Aurora Borealis had about 40 in attendence...40 Diehards....LOL...LOL

After spending the day navigating through the small streets of the village...
We came upon the theatre...and it was really exciting to see Our film...up on the
marquee...Aurora Borealis...then to enter the theatre and immediately see a huge poster of the Movie...I was filled with anticipation...
after we got our seats and were waiting for the movie to begin...a gentleman walked up to center stage and introduced himself...Mr. James Burke...the director...he gave a quick interpretation of the movie...and then said that he and one of the producers...Mr. Scott Disharoon....were in attendance...and then he said...and one of the actors...and my heart...just stopped...and then he revealed..that it was.....Steve Pasqual...who played Josh's brother in the movie....and...my excited gasp...turned into a saddened sigh...and in that moment the movie began...I settled into watching Mr. Jackson on the Big Screen for the first time...and I have to say...he did...NOT disappoint...this is my brief impression...without giving away any of the movie...as I know most have not seen it yet...after everyone gets to see it...I have lots more to say about it!!...LOL....LOL

My Immediate thoughts....

Aurora Borealis....is a beautiful piece of cinema...throughout the almost two hours it engages your sense's with....the characters...the scenery...the dialog... and the music.......leaving you examining our human frailties...It makes you laugh outloud...and cry tears of reality...and gently touches your soul...You feel a strong compassion for its characters...because we ourselves are the characters...
All the performances and storylines are striking...and lend you to believe them...and believe in them....The interplay between the generations...is a
"conscious truth"...especially between...Joshua Jackson and Donald Sutherland....
they are joined at the hip...creating together...the heart and soul of this...
"Movie Magic"
"Mr. Jackson's soulful performance...does indeed carry this movie"
Using his understated acting talent....he guides you through his prophetic youthfulness...leading you through...His Journey...of his past...present...and future.... which leaves you insisting.... that you...Examine your own Journey

The Q&A...with the director and producer...gave us a little more insight into the making of the movie...he quoted a few of the reviews...and explained the journey of making an indie movie...the producer was very engaging...and took everyone's questions...throughout the movie...all you could hear was genuine laughing...and sighing...and you didn't feel like you were watching a regular movie
but that you were peeking into a small part of someone's life!!

All in All...I had a great time...and will wonder for a very long time...that if Mr. Jackson had come...it would have been a great opportunity to talk with him...as there wasn't a big crowd...and I could have had him all to myself!!...LOL....LOL
and my own Journey of one day meeting Mr. Jackson....continues....

BTW...the director...Mr. Burke...said that the showing tonight....was already sold out...
so maybe...these lucky people will have Mr. Jackson in attendance...my hectic schedule is going to keep me from returning to the city...for another try at meeting Josh...but I hope he does attend...and maybe someone gets a pic...
Advi by: Joshuazgirl128

Last edited by KatieNap; 09-16-2006 at 09:21 AM
Old 09-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that Katie, despite the driving rain and the lack of a Josh shaped person its sounds like you had a wonderful experience. I hope it is still showing when I get there.

My photoblog
Old 09-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzi c (View Post)
Thanks for that Katie, despite the driving rain and the lack of a Josh shaped person its sounds like you had a wonderful experience. I hope it is still showing when I get there.
Thanks suzi....for trying to console me...I was really heartbroken...when he said Steve's name...and then I felt bad...cause he really seemed like a nice young actor himself...and did a fine job in the movie too...He and Josh had very good screen presence...but that's not unusual for Josh...as he always seems to have
very good chemistry....with whomever he is working with...and I do believe that this movie...given enough exposure...will solidify...Josh's leading man status...
and prove once and for all...that his talent speaks for itself...and
WOW!!! does he look good on the big screen...his sexy smile lights up every scene he is in...and his intense eyes...capture you...and hold you hostage...
and his ability to switch from comedic to dramatic within a scene gives you a true
sense of his acting palate!!!

and I also hope....that it will still be playing somewhere close by enough...for you to see it...when you are over here...
we will keep a watchful eye...and maybe...I can come too...
Old 09-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieNap (View Post)
and I also hope....that it will still be playing somewhere close by enough...for you to see it...when you are over here...
we will keep a watchful eye...and maybe...I can come too...
That would be fun.

My photoblog
Old 09-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Supreme Fan

Ah, Katie... loved reading your take on the film. And I really am disappointed for you that Josh couldn't make it. Maybe he's destined to meet you at another time, in another place.

Thanks for your very abstract review -- nothing got spoiled for me there. LOL. It's quite a heightened spiritual experience to witness him on the big screen though, eh? Was really glad you saw the movie. Did you cry?

Anything good from the Q & A?
Old 09-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks so much Katie for letting us know how the night went. I was so excited for you when Mandy said he was going and then my heart sank when she said his flight had been delayed. So close ....... Josh doesn't seem to have a good record with planes. Maybe next time.

I'm glad you enjoyed the film and the Q & A session sounded informative. There's nothing better than seeing a movie on the big screen, especially one like this. I enjoyed hearing your thoughts. Did you think the movie was too long? A few reviews have said that. Did the length detract from the quality of the movie?

I'm so glad that tonight's showing is booked out. I was a bit worried about the numbers from last night, but obviously the weather conditions were not going to the movies friendly.

Wonder if we will hear if Josh did attend tonight's showing and what the audience's reaction was to the movie?
Old 09-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm so glad that tonight's showing is booked out.
Where did you hear this? I hadn't heard anything about that! I know that the weather last night really impacted moviegoers, but this would be great to hear that the seats were sold out tonight!
Old 09-17-2006, 02:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Mandy, Katie stated that Mr Burke told them in the Q & A session that tonight was sold out. It is at the end of her no 18 post on this page.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Ah, okay I see it now. It's hard with so many elipises, I lose some of the comments in the sentence. Sorry.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Hey everyone....nice to be able to get back online again...

I hope all had a great week-end...as it looks like Mandy had a really great night last night...

Mandy....glad you were able to connect with Josh...in general and about the site!!
looking forward to your pics...How did you like the movie??

If it opens nearer to me....I will go see it again...as it is one of those movies...that you will be able to catch even more the second time around...

As I am a..."Written Word" person....it was definitely the dialog...that grabbed me...and held my interrest...the script had a nice flow to it
it never seemed forced...or overdone...

Thanks Aussiechic...to answer your question...did it seem too long??

Absolutely Not!!...I thought it was just the right length...it didn't rush you through...and it gave the actors enough scenes together...to cement their relationships. I believe that when you are producing and directing a movie with a genuine story...time is the most important ingredient...and I felt that they used their time wisely...mixing scenes of....character relationships (past & Present) with just enough humor...angst...and haunting reality...and having the very talented group of actors that they had...gave this gripping story...through their memorable interpretations of the characters..a sharp sense of humanity!!
I actually felt...that I could have sat through at least another hour and was left wanting more...of this beautiful story...and that is exactly how a movie should leave you....wanting more!!!!

Donna...I felt an extreme rollercoaster of emotions...this movies capacity to bring you up....to...make you laugh out loud one moment (something I haven't done in a movie in a long time)...and then bring you down... to an emotional nerve...that strikes so deeply in your gut..that you gasp out loud...and then taking you through the twists and turns of...raw feelings of... comparison and identity... to the main characters lives...you laugh...then you cry...and then you laugh and cry again...bringing you to a realization of life's truths...and similairities....in whatever level of society that you have... "chosen"... to belong to...
which is.... "Aurora Borealis' ".... message!!!!

The one thing that I took away from the Q&A....was the sense of family and dedication they all seemed to have for this movie..."Everyone"...worked for far less than they were worth...the people in front of the cameras....and the behind the scenes production team...and even...
Bob Dillan......whose haunting title piece... is one of his better works in a long time!!!...He was originally from Minneapolis...something I did not know...

Last edited by KatieNap; 09-19-2006 at 07:59 AM
Old 09-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

Katie - I the movie! This is my third (or is it fourth?) time seeing it, so it's nice to step back and just watch the film, without paying attention to more details this time around.

NY sales did 'Okay' from what I've been told. And I really hope that things will pick up and help this film do well when expanded to other cities. New York had such horrible weather this last weekend, that I can understand why a lot of people couldn't attend (including Josh, himself).
Old 09-19-2006, 08:31 AM
New Fan

I hope it makes it to a bigger audience...some of us are stuck in Canada and our stupid husbands don't want to take a J.J road trip....grounds for devorce.....
Old 09-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

I think they're looking into getting it distributed in Canada, so we'll see!