Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Affair Discussion Thread #7 - Real is just a matter of perception

The Affair Discussion Thread
We are Curious About the Different Perspectives

Please respect the No Spoilers rule that adheres to.

Quote:
Spoilers:

Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world.

The following limited spoilers are allowed in a designated discussion thread on the forums here as long as the title includes the word Spoilers:
Information officially released by the network such as sneak peaks, filming pictures and episodes stills, or cast interviews that hint at future storylines can be posted in the designated spoiler discussion thread at all forums.
Spoilers regarding the character an actress or actor is playing in a TV show are permitted at their own Male or Female Celebrity Forum. These discussions should be limited to character information and not overall show spoilers.

If you're unsure about what might be considered to be a spoiler please continue to use the spoiler tags, shown here:

Discuss SPOILERS in this thread (at the Spoiler Forum):
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/affair-1...ions-63123433/
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/affair-2...tauk-63127493/
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/affair-s...-3-a-63130198/

Cast

Joshua Jackson as Cole: A hard-edged, Long Island Cowboy and predicted favorite
Ruth Wilson as Allison: Waitress and Cole's Wife
Dominic West as Noah: A school teacher and husband to Helen
Maura Tierney as Helen: Noah's wife and mother of four
Colin Donnell: Cole's brother Scotty
John Doman: Helen's father
Julia Goldani Telles: Whitney, Noah and Helen's 16 year old daughter
Nicolette Robinson

Cole
Cole Lockhart is Alison's husband. He is the prodigal son of a large, boisterous family who has owned a ranch in Montauk for generations. He is equally devastated by the horrible loss he and Alison have suffered, but he finds comfort in his responsibilities at the ranch and the loving support of his family.

Alison
Alison Lockhart is a Montauk native who works as a waitress at a local diner. She is married to Cole, the son of a local landowning family. They are struggling to recover from a tragic loss and their relationship is in repair. The handsome writer from the city provides a tantalizing escape.

Noah
Noah Solloway is a writer and schoolteacher who is happily married to Helen. They live in Brooklyn with their four children and are beholden to Helen's wealthy father, a famous novelist, for their spacious brownstone. Noah's first novel was recently published to mixed reviews. He is vacationing with his family at his in-laws' estate in Montauk for the summer, where Noah hopes to write a more successful follow-up. The appearance of a beautiful young waitress is a tempting distraction and a serious threat to everything he has.

Helen
Helen Solloway is Noah's loving wife and the mother of their four children. A deft manager of their busy lives, she still loves her husband after all these years. While her father is a renowned novelist, that success has come at the expense of his family. Helen has high hopes for Noah's own writing career, but is wary of repeating the mistakes of her parents.

About the Series

At once deeply observed and intriguingly elusive, THE AFFAIR explores the emotional effects of an extramarital relationship. Noah is a New York City schoolteacher and novelist who is happily married, but resents his dependence on his wealthy father-in-law. Alison is a young waitress trying to piece her life and marriage back together in the wake of a tragedy. Set in Montauk at the end of Long Island, the provocative drama unfolds separately from both the male and female perspectives, using the distinct memory biases of both to tell the story.

Trailer

Previous Threads:

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 09-15-2014 at 01:52 PM
Old 09-15-2014, 11:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ideas for titles:

1) The Story Begins
2) There is no objective truth; nobody is right

And then a throwback to a Fringe reference but I think it works for The Affair as well....

3) Real is just a matter of perception
Old 09-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy0706 (View Post)
Ideas for titles:

1) The Story Begins

And then a throwback to a Fringe reference but I think it works for The Affair as well....

I like 2 or 3.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy0706 (View Post)
Ideas for titles:

1) The Story Begins

I really like #3. I think I'm going to go with that one. Thanks.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Great title!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Great title!
Yes, very creative Wendy, thanks.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

Love the thread title and the OP!

I'm really curious how things are going to play out once this show airs. It's just an interesting premise with the two different perspectives. I just keep worrying that something happens to Josh's character (based on the previous with the leads being in a police station), because you know...I fear his projects are just short-lived.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
Love the thread title and the OP!

I'm really curious how things are going to play out once this show airs. It's just an interesting premise with the two different perspectives. I just keep worrying that something happens to Josh's character (based on the previous with the leads being in a police station), because you know...I fear his projects are just short-lived.
I have had the same fears off and on throughout the different teases and clips. I suppose that I'm influenced by the fact that both the protagonists have been killers in the previous projects I have seen them in.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

But I saw osomeone saying that Sarah Treem had said that none of the 4 leads were gonna be killed.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen (View Post)
But I saw osomeone saying that Sarah Treem had said that none of the 4 leads were gonna be killed.
Thank you! I hadn't seen that.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nothing will happen to Cole. Don't worry!
Old 09-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen (View Post)
That would be great, so I hope that's true.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
That would be great, so I hope that's true.
Well really I suppose we have to remember that they are talking about possibly having at least 3 seasons so surely they will need the 4 leads to progress the story unless they take it in a totally different direction.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well really I suppose we have to remember that they are talking about possibly having at least 3 seasons so surely they will need the 4 leads to progress the story unless they take it in a totally different direction.

True enough. I'm going to take Jade's word for it that Cole will be fine.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Why do you think Cole has to die? Really, i still don't understand how this idea came up There is a crime but maybe there is not a death.
Anyway, as i said before, nothing will happen to Cole
Closed Thread   Post New Thread