Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
I agree on most parts. Except I do not find Anton all that interesting. I think the season finale was inconclusive . I wonder why they introduced the murder mystery subplot if they wasn't going to explore it? Why introduced Alison 's biological father and his wife at all? Why let the audience know Ben's secret? Why? if they are not going to let any of the characters find out what happened to Alison?
I think it was to let the viewers know the truth. It may seem unresolved, but I find this show can really reflect the truths of real life and things aren't always resolved. So I'm just glad we know what really happened and I'm okay with the characters not knowing.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 08-29-2018, 05:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 08-29-2018, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's nice of her to comment on that. I don't know how I feel about her hope that Alison could have finished her story in a feminist way. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about empowering women, but I do like a good romance too (and I don't see anything wrong with that ).

Old 08-29-2018, 09:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
It's nice of her to comment on that. I don't know how I feel about her hope that Alison could have finished her story in a feminist way. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about empowering women, but I do like a good romance too (and I don't see anything wrong with that ).
Same here. I wish she didn't get killed for standing up for herself. But I felt so sorry for Cole driving all night with flowers for her just to tell her that he loved her. I can't see Noah doing anything like that. Noah sexualized Alison. Cole loved her.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
Same here. I wish she didn't get killed for standing up for herself. But I felt so sorry for Cole driving all night with flowers for her just to tell her that he loved her. I can't see Noah doing anything like that. Noah sexualized Alison. Cole loved her.
I know, Cole always loved her and that part breaks my heart. It's a shame that wasn't enough for Alison though. Even back in S1 when he said he did everything she asked him to, that alone should have showed her that he was there for the long haul. Cole is such a good man overall, even with all his flaws.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

It all depends on the writing team and who comes up with the best storylines, (at least what the showrunner thinks are the best storylines). I think we may be seeing more of Whitney in the next season. Lets hope Noah can instil in her a bit of compassion for those around her, and for her not be so spoilt and childish. Well a body can only hope.

I hope Cole has a decent storyline so we see more of him, and that he spends more time with Joanie to compensate for the loss of her mother.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Interesting...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/29/s...medium=twitter

Quote:
Ms. Wilson would not explain why she is leaving the show, though it has been widely suggested that her termination was punishment for having complained that she had been paid less than Dominic West, a male lead on the show. Others ventured that she had simply found a better role.

“It isn’t about pay parity, and it wasn’t about other jobs,” Ms. Wilson said. She added coolly, “But I’m not really allowed to talk about it.”

There was a meaningful silence. “There is a much bigger story,” she eventually volunteered, urging me, more than once, to contact Sarah Treem, a writer and producer of the show.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/ruth-...th-reason.html

I think it he might have something to do with creative differences. I remember Ruth complaining after season 1 about the sex scenes and if you notice, there hasn't been much of that in the past 2 seasons. Perhaps Ruth refused to do certain things.

I wonder if we will ever know. I also wonder if that is why The Affair didn't have a TCA thing this year.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/ruth-...th-reason.html

I think it he might have something to do with creative differences. I remember Ruth complaining after season 1 about the sex scenes and if you notice, there hasn't been much of that in the past 2 seasons. Perhaps Ruth refused to do certain things.

I wonder if we will ever know. I also wonder if that is why The Affair didn't have a TCA thing this year.
Very possible. Especially since Showtime made her sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement after allowing her to leave her contract, maybe they made her sign it so the "creative differences" reason wouldn't come to light and make Showtime and Sarah look bad.

Who knows.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

We may get to know after the show finishes, but these things never seem to come to light, and we may get differing stories, depending on who is asked about it.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like if there had been anything unethical going on, that Josh would not want to be party to something like that and therefore, support the side being wronged. I'm just speculating of course, but if I'm right then maybe it was just creative differences. However, Josh has been very silent about The Affair this entire season except when he thanked fans for their positive feedback, so maybe he's just going through the contract motions too. Who knows.

Maybe he was Ruth's shoulder to cry on during their long outing last year.

Old 09-02-2018, 03:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Maybe he was Ruth's shoulder to cry on during their long outing last year.
Are you talking about the time Josh and Ruth had lunch and drank wine for 8 hours at The Bowery Hotel in August 2016, or another outing?

Quote:
However, Josh has been very silent about The Affair this entire season except when he thanked fans for their positive feedback, so maybe he's just going through the contract motions too.
There were rumours after the season finale that Josh wasn't returning either for Season 5. Which I don't believe, since he's mentioned Season 5 in interviews and retweeted the announcement of Season 5. I wonder with Ruth's departure how he really feels, though. They became pretty good friends during the show's run.

Interesting, though, that in recent interviews, Ruth told the interviewer to ask Sarah Treem for any questions regarding her exit. I don't know if she was throwing any shade at Sarah or not.

Last edited by Conway1; 09-02-2018 at 03:09 AM
Old 09-02-2018, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

With Sarah being the overall boss maybe she is the only one who can comment on the show and the actors roles, without reprisals.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is all very curious.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
With Sarah being the overall boss maybe she is the only one who can comment on the show and the actors roles, without reprisals.
True, and when Sarah told the New York Times reporter the same "The character of Alison had ran it's course on the show", pretty much echoing Showtime's statement, I guess she's just taking orders from the higher ups at Showtime.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread