New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2018, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Yeah, maybe Cole will buy the ranch back with his money from the Lobster Roll....while he's finding justice for Alison.
I would love that!
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I don't think any of this happened and that it is all based on Noah's book. I think that it all ends with the Solloway's having lunch at the Lobster Roll and that Noah envisioned what it would be like to have an affair. Basically, the whole story of the affair never took place and everyone is still married to their spouses. Noah wrote it because he felt trapped in his marriage and he felt trapped by his kids and it was an escape for him.
Yup, I've read that speculation too. Sometimes it works, sometimes fans really don't like it. As if they invested 5 seasons only to realize it never really happened. It's like that 1980's TV show St. Elsewhere - the entire 6 season series was revealed to be in the mind of an autistic boy. The main hospital doctor chief was really a construction worker (the boy's dad) and they were a regular working class family.

But hey, if it is revealed that it was only one of Noah's novels and in reality the Solloways are a happy family, and if they can get Ruth to appear in the final episode and we can see Cole, Alison and Gabriel happy together, I'm all for it.
Conway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

I don't understand how if Luisa didn't have paperwork to be legally in the US how could they have a legal wedding? Surely their paperwork would be checked up on then. I would have thought her immigration status would be checked up on when applying or a marriage licence? Things are maybe different in the US
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Ruth was on CBS This Morning discussing The Affair and other projects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkvykjZX7KU

Old 08-16-2018, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

https://tvline.com/2018/08/16/ruth-w...roversy-video/
'I'm Not Allowed to Talk About Why' I Left The Affair
it was definitly not her choice to leave...

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
ryanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:01 AM
Extreme Fan

So basically Sarah Treem lied when she told THR that Ruth asked to leave?

And in the CBS This Morning video, they asked her about it and she said she was not allowed to talk about it. It sort of became an awkward moment. Interesting.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't able to view the video, it says it's not available in my Country.

Quote:
So basically Sarah Treem lied when she told THR that Ruth asked to leave?

And in the CBS This Morning video, they asked her about it and she said she was not allowed to talk about it. It sort of became an awkward moment. Interesting.
I just read the article and it said "Ruth Wilson declined to discuss her decision to exit Showtime’s The Affair", so I don't think that Sarah lied. It doesn't explain why Ruth isn't allowed to leave, but perhaps he wanted out of her contract and now there is some dispute between her and the Network which would be why she's not allowed to talk about it.

Quote:
Yup, I've read that speculation too. Sometimes it works, sometimes fans really don't like it. As if they invested 5 seasons only to realize it never really happened. It's like that 1980's TV show St. Elsewhere - the entire 6 season series was revealed to be in the mind of an autistic boy. The main hospital doctor chief was really a construction worker (the boy's dad) and they were a regular working class family.

But hey, if it is revealed that it was only one of Noah's novels and in reality the Solloways are a happy family, and if they can get Ruth to appear in the final episode and we can see Cole, Alison and Gabriel happy together, I'm all for it.
I didn't know that actual concept had been done a few times. The only one I had known about was with Dallas when Bobby ended up not dead because it was a dream, but I don't know that it was the whole series, maybe just a season or two, not sure.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I wasn't able to view the video, it says it's not available in my Country.
I linked the youtube video, it's the same interview this morning and the TVLine article. Also, Showtime is owned by CBS. True, there were probably legal issues regarding her contract which prohibits her to talk publically about it.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I linked the youtube video, it's the same interview this morning and the TVLine article. Also, Showtime is owned by CBS. True, there were probably legal issues regarding her contract which prohibits her to talk publically about it.

Thanks, but it still says it's unavailable.

I saw a quote from Entertainment Weekly about it:

“I did want to leave, but I’m not allowed to talk about why,” Wilson said

Showtime made a statement

Quote:
Responding to Wilson’s comments Thursday, Showtime said in a statement, “We can’t speak for Ruth, but heading into season 4 everyone agreed the character’s story had run its course. Ultimately, it felt like the most powerful creative decision would be to end Alison’s arc at the moment when she had finally achieved self-empowerment. The impact of her loss will be felt as the series concludes next season. We thank the many fans who embraced the character of Alison and especially thank Ruth for her indelible work over the past four seasons.”
https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/16/ruth-wi..._medium=social

Last edited by JJH85; 08-16-2018 at 05:55 PM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Gosh, this has gotten so messy.
aussiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

They likely fired her for mentioning that she wasn't getting equal pay, and issue a gag order so she can't talk about. Than the OR person claim it was her choice to leave, when it probably really wasn't.
LadyKatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
They likely fired her for mentioning that she wasn't getting equal pay, and issue a gag order so she can't talk about. Than the OR person claim it was her choice to leave, when it probably really wasn't.
Maybe, but that can be justified by the Network, Ruth was pretty much an unknown when she started the show whereas Dom had been on The Wire which was a popular US show. It wouldn't be fair to have them make the same amount of money. So if the Network didn't like what she said then they could have just defended it.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

I believe that co-stars should get equal pay whatever their gender or how well known they are. I don't think it was money, more that Ruth seemed to be getting a bit side-lined in favour of other characters. It may have been that Ruth wanted to do other things but still has a contract obligation so can't talk about anything until her contract is up.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I believe that co-stars should get equal pay whatever their gender or how well known they are. I don't think it was money, more that Ruth seemed to be getting a bit side-lined in favour of other characters. It may have been that Ruth wanted to do other things but still has a contract obligation so can't talk about anything until her contract is up.
Yes, but it's what your Agent negotiates from my understanding. I remember talking to Zahf about it and there are different elements to the pay scale and it even goes so far as to whether you name comes at the beginning of the show or at the end in the credits. It was very interesting, I wish I could remember the details.

Janel Moloney
Verified account
@NellyMoloney
6h6 hours ago
Look! I’m on The Affair this week! Sunday 9pm. It’s the finale too so get ready!! #TheAffair @Showtime @SHO_TheAffair I love this show!!

Last edited by JJH85; 08-17-2018 at 02:41 PM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

I understand that but Ruth was always billed as the main female lead so should be treated with the respect that position deserves. I just get the feeling that Ruth was a bit sidelined in the later seasons of The Affair, but that is just my feeling.
Reply   Post New Thread